test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let me unbind companion already and sent Gold/Seals to alt

wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So..u want to sell me an other 2 slot for charackters..ok, sold. but first, let me unbind my level 30 phoera so i can sent it to the fresh alt

a)i really cba to run the small, repetetive zones, with the same patterns and copy/paste mobs again if i cant speed that up by a lot+ feel a bit op

b)do u relize that when players have leveld any other companion than stone/cat to 25/30 it becomes utterly useless if you cant sent it to alts? probbably they would not if there was a way to reliably farm enchantments/green-blue mats etc in high level zones and companions actually would do anything to the 60 mobs.. but since there aint and they want..what do i need a striker for on lvl 60 again?

c)why do i have all the seals from different zones if i cant buy alt gear for them?

Companions is a great idea and could be implemented soo cool..with mutual benefit (unbind for zen for example) but i feel the guy that came up with the idea of companions left the company and nobody else really knew what he had in mind to begin with.

ah and one off-question

why can't i have some of the 50g my TR had after leveling sent to my CN farming DC that allways struggles to afford pots/kits?
Post edited by wingsfor on

Comments

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wingsfor wrote: »
    Companions is a great idea and could be implemented soo cool..with mutual benefit (unbind for zen for example) but i feel the guy that came up with the idea of companions left the company and nobody else really knew what he had in mind to begin with.

They already have an unbind companion mechanic. It just doesn't work. I don't know if its broke, or if they disabled it for some reason. If you try to drag a companion from an inactive companion slot to your inventory you get an unbind for AD message. Lists a price and everything. But, as I said, it doesn't work.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unbinding companions is already a confirmed feature, as they intended from the start that people could level up companions and sell them on the Auction House or send to an alt... It just seems to be disabled currently, which may be to try to earn more money from zen sales, or there could be a glitch with it as well.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    guys i know its a confirmed feature..but also its one line of code..and i see abslotute no reason not to implement it now!
    btw. whoever is deciding that..can't u see the cashflow when cool companions show up in the starting zones and all the new players that will come to the game wth them? dude what are u paid for?
  • Options
    sarahtallsarahtall Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guys i know its a confirmed feature..but also its one line of code..and i see abslotute no reason not to implement it now!

It's not implemented for the same reason they haven't implemented/enabled the training tomes :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sarahtall wrote: »
    It's not implemented for the same reason they haven't implemented/enabled the training tomes :rolleyes:.

now dont get misterious on me dude
  • Options
    masterawolmasterawol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guys i know its a confirmed feature..but also its one line of code..

Wow only one line of code! You must be one of the devs then to know this.

Please we have no idea what the state of it is. Could be more than just one line of code for all we know its not working cause unbinding it basically resets the companion back to start. Let the dev do their thing it will come.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    c)why do i have all the seals from different zones if i cant buy alt gear for them?

To solve this conundrum, Cryptic should make the all the seals account locked, instead of character locked*. This would even promote the purchase of extra player slots. This same analogy should translate over to companions, they should be "account" locked too. I bet more people would be willing to buy multiple character slots if they had more incentive. Definitely more people would be willing to spend 3000+ Zen for a nice companion if they were only "account" locked. More happy players and more Zen = win-win for Cryptic.

*As a workaround, don't convert the bounty drops from each level to seals. The bounty drops themselves are tradable except from the graveyard zone, which are character bound as well as the seals.