test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post-Patch Soothe. Worth using?

jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Currently on live, I am level 27, using Soothe and Divine Favor. one of which will get replaced as soon as I can get Foresight.

post-patch, should I keep Soothe on my bar since they fixed threat issues? or should i keep Divine Favor? granted, I am lower-level, but i don't seem to have many problems building Divinity with or without Divine Favor. does building divinity get more difficult as I level up?

looking for some higher-level insight on it.
Post edited by jaymadiv#8056 on

Comments

• Options
    valura0valura0 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    does building divinity get more difficult as I level up?

No.

Not really. More difficult in proportion to the difficulty of the content, like every aspect of play does, but there is not this sudden giant wall you'll hit where you can't get divinity.

Everyone makes this giant deal out of divinity generation and how difficult it is + how valuable it is. I think we can all agree having enough divinity to do what you need/want to do is valuable, but it's not nearly as hard as people on this forum make it out to be. I'm level 60 in t2/CN and I haven't had any issues with divinity generation, and I do not spec into ethereal boon which I have heard so many times is 'required'.

I suspect with the threat fix you won't really need to slot soothe, if you are on an encounter/instance and having trouble staying alive due to adds on you (Pugging is one situation that comes to mind), you could certainly slot soothe but I suspect it will be more situational. Which, I really prefer things being more situational anyways, rather then 2 default abilities you just slap in there for the entire time you play.
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only time gathering Divinity was a real issue was if you'd just spent yours, before a massive wave of adds. Having to kite deadly beasts while gathering Divinity in time to replace Astral Shield could be a pain...

But generally, gathering Divinity wasn't terribly difficult and will only get easier now that the threat issues will be fixed.