test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quests you've enjoyed the most so far

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
As a bit of a change from all the 'trading review' threads, I thought I'd post a list of the top 3 quests I've enjoyed so far and why. Note I have no connection whatsoever to the authors of these quests, this is not intended as an advertising thread, just to give some extra recognition to those that have produced (IMHO) outstanding work and maybe, via other people's recommendations, find more stuff that I would like.

(I don't want to choose my favourite between these 3 so this is just in the order I played them)

Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator - NW-DBFUDMT8L by @mrthebozer

Nightmare on Market Street - NW-DHF54C3EV by @lovepeas

DD Part 1: The Wobbly Leg - NW-DTNZTFYDS by @revolting

All of these quests have a strong well-written story with detailed maps and varied combat, with enough challenge to be fun, but not so much as to be frustrating. (Character I mostly run foundry as is a level 60 Cleric) Another thing they have in common is that they stretch the possibilities of the current foundry engine.

I kind of wish I'd played these quests before I made my own first one now as quite honestly they make me feel a little embarrassed that mine is just sort of thrown together. There are quite a few techniques I want to 'borrow' for my next one!

I'd be interested to hear other people's "top 3" now - (please don't just plug stuff you or your friends wrote)
Post edited by nevfe on

Comments

• Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nightmare on Market Street - NW-DHF54C3EV by @lovepeas really stood out in my mind. Great use of scenery. Good on time. Decent on monster density. My favorite quest so far.

There was a second one I believe was called A Fateful Encounter which was a lot of fun because it allowed you to role play differently though the quest's outcome was completely linear. It still was entertaining to give players different options for dialog though :)
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the above, plus:

The Lanaar Legacy, part 2 of From the Shadows by @Tilt42, short-code: NW-DAY4LSV6V

One of the best missions I've done on any game in years.

(Part 1 is 'merely' good.)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't "Count" On It by vaelic - NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Secret Agent 34 by dzogen - NW-DSSORTMV2

Those two authors are very good and are producing all sorts of awesome content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator, hands down. Best **** quest (UGC or not) I have seen in years.
  • Options
    visceralrevoltvisceralrevolt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, thanks for including me in your top 3! I'm honoured. :D

Mine would be, in no order:
    • Also lovepeas "Nightmare on Market Street", wonderful dream sequence. NW-DHFS4C3EV
    • sabotender's "Save the Princess!" - great zone design and funny story. NW-DBA7YIURL
    • undecided yet, I'll have to come back to this one!
    A Dwarven Dilemma Part 1 - The Wobbly Leg : NW-DTNZTFYDS @revolting
    Preview/Freedback thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/NW-DTNZTFYDS - Now eligible for Daily Quest!

A Dwarven Dilemma Part 2 - Luskan Delights : Coming soon!
  • Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    maggotyannmaggotyann Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Ravenloft Chapter 1: Journey to Barovia ( NW-DMHM6HXH5 ) - Sets the mood for Ravenloft and is absolutely beautiful
    2. Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator ( NW-DBFUDMT8L ) - Simply amazing (would be #1, but I'm a sucker for Ravenloft :)
    3. The Vaalyr Prophecy Prologue: Misty Hollow ( NW-DISM87G71 ) - Great custom maps, great story, and a demon baby!
  • Options
    chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator, hands down. Best **** quest (UGC or not) I have seen in years.

Definitely this. Best Foundry I have played.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    mirimeromirimero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My queue is huge, but I'm so putting Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator in it now. In no particular order, my list is:

* Nightmare on Market Street - NW-DHF54C3EV by @lovepeas Because seriously, dancing skeletons. And psycho clowns. And awesomeness.
    * Return From the Void - NW-DRFKYD2CN by@runis12 Epic story, romanceable NPCs, beautiful environments. And Zaelius.♥
    * I'll still need to think about this one...
  • Options
    rycelerycele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I absolutely loved Agent 34. Unfortunately, I had to abandon Don't Count On It despite liking the beginning part. I died and as soon as I respawned I had mobs all over me and couldnt do anything. Just way too many to handle.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Nightmare on Market Street - NW-DHF54C3EV by @lovepeas really stood out in my mind. Great use of scenery. Good on time. Decent on monster density. My favorite quest so far.

There was a second one I believe was called A Fateful Encounter which was a lot of fun because it allowed you to role play differently though the quest's outcome was completely linear. It still was entertaining to give players different options for dialog though :)

Yay, thanks for mentioning my quest. I also love Nightmare on Market Street.