test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold? What am I missing?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What is gold used for besides pots and kits? Seems to be that everything else is bought with AD? Or am I missing something?
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    High level crafting requires gold.. lots of it. Also lvl 60 pots and injury kits are expensive.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    High level crafting requires gold.. lots of it. Also lvl 60 pots and injury kits are expensive.

That and when you run T2 dungeons, especially if you pug, the cost of injury kits and use of pots are normally not covered. Every death at level 60 is 20 silver, and in bad or inexperienced groups (or exploiting groups) it can rack up quickly. They are not very healing friendly in this game.
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    Also to buy companions and mounts (not the coolest of all, though, i know, but you can also trade via chat with it).
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Green crafting supplies really eat up any gold you may have. :) I imagine it will be the same with the new Alchemy, which looks like an interesting profession.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • spiritusvinispiritusvini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Selling a good item for 60-100 gold will keep you stacked on kits/pots for months to come! :)
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Green crafting supplies really eat up any gold you may have. :) I imagine it will be the same with the new Alchemy, which looks like an interesting profession.

It is.. you can make potions and dyes. I think the dyes will be a big seller.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the replies people. Much appreciated :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is.. you can make potions and dyes. I think the dyes will be a big seller.

Make?

Dyes?

:D
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Screw the stupid diamonds fad. I trade in gold bullion baby. The gold standard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Screw the stupid diamonds fad. I trade in gold bullion baby. The gold standard.

LOL. nice one
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah... most people want AD, but I NEED gold. Even though I'm a Cleric, I don't heal myself with spells very well. One quest typically has me using 20-50+ healing potions. And I'm level 60 now so I'm feeling the gold pinch right now.

Doesn't help when I'm "gimped" on purpose... all my gear coming from solo missions.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when will everyone realize that AD has been a D&D standard from the start, and that copper/silver/gold is a useless currency that they recently added?