test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LIMITED Modules

avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Ok this is probably been talked over but I found nadda so far, ergo, here goes.

1) You get 10 campaign slots, each slot can hold 10 quest. SOOOO, that adds up to 100 quest right?

2) As such, why do we only get 10 quest slots?

3) NOW, I know in STO you can BUY more slots but personally that would be the final insult to drive me totally away from this game. You ask us to for FREE using our time, effort and resources, to create content for YOUR Game so YOU can make a profit from others buying Zen and such. So why in all that is unholy would you also ask me to PAY for the slots as well? But then they are playing STO as is, so go figure, "Sorry just joking".

4) So, here is my suggestion. You start with 10 slots, for each module that goes live, you get 1 empty slot added to replace the one used. For each that goes Daily or higher you get 2 slots. For each Campaign slot that uses 7 or more modules that ALL have gone live you get one campaign slot to replace it. I am sure you get the concept here.

So, if no one has to date figure out what to do on this issue perhaps these suggestions will help. But I can promise you this, I WILL NOT PAY, for Quest or Campaign slots, plus then give you my time, effort, and work for free as well. That to me is simply insulting, Sorry but true, as there are plenty of other MMOs out there these days to pick from I do not think it much to ask on this issue.
best
Avalean

PS: If you have already done something like this and I have just not seen it to date, you can just bypass this post.
Chow...
Post edited by avalean on

Comments

• Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    avalean wrote: »
    1) You get 10 campaign slots, each slot can hold 10 quest. SOOOO, that adds up to 100 quest right?

No, you get 10 quests slots period. Not 10 Quest Slots x 10 Campaign Slots

2) As such, why do we only get 10 quest slots?

To ensure people make meaningful quests and not churning out rubbish. If you have a (currently) limited number of slots then it will force people to work harder on their quests.

3) NOW, I know in STO you can BUY more slots but personally that would be the final insult to drive me totally away from this game. You ask us to for FREE using our time, effort and resources, to create content for YOUR Game so YOU can make a profit from others buying Zen and such. So why in all that is unholy would you also ask me to PAY for the slots as well? But then they are playing STO as is, so go figure, "Sorry just joking".

We don't know how we will earn more quest slots at the moment, maybe you can buy them in the future, maybe you can earn them.. we don't know. However, just because you are creating content doesn't entitle you to get more slots for free... you enjoy making quests right? So it's not like you're not already getting something from the deal. Unless you are making epic hour long quests then don't fool yourself that you're making "content for the players", most people are churning out 15 minute sub par quests.

They have provided a game for free. They have a Zen market that also has an in game currency that you can acquire items with (Astral Diamonds... which you can earn through people tipping your Foundry quests...). The updates they do to the Foundry and providing new assets, monsters, animations, etc. are all free. When people start saying "We make YOUR content! We want to make it FOR FREE!" they sound like spoiled brats who forget that this is an F2P game and they already provide A LOT of content for nothing.

4) So, here is my suggestion. You start with 10 slots, for each module that goes live, you get 1 empty slot added to replace the one used. For each that goes Daily or higher you get 2 slots. For each Campaign slot that uses 7 or more modules that ALL have gone live you get one campaign slot to replace it. I am sure you get the concept here.

Again, no one knows how we'll get new slots. One thing they have said is that all content within the Foundry will always be free. People will never have to pay to get a unique asset in the Foundry, so be thankful of that.

... But I can promise you this, I WILL NOT PAY, for Quest or Campaign slots, plus then give you my time, effort, and work for free as well. That to me is simply insulting, Sorry but true, as there are plenty of other MMOs out there these days to pick from I do not think it much to ask on this issue.

No one cares about your threats. Unless you have filled your 10 slots with 10 absolutely awesome quests, you probably aren't going to be a major loss to the playe rbase. Not trying to be a ****, but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the meantime, just make another account, level a new character to 15, and bam, 10 more slots. :)
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    Ten slots is not enough for start? Really?

I can hardly imagine making use of all my slots within few months, given how much attention to detail must be put into mission, from writing, building, maps, costumes and whatnot. Most likely when I'll be in need for more slots Cryptic will already have a new way for gaining them.

Not a big concern for me. At least in any predictable future.
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3) NOW, I know in STO you can BUY more slots but personally that would be the final insult to drive me totally away from this game. You ask us to for FREE using our time, effort and resources, to create content for YOUR Game so YOU can make a profit from others buying Zen and such.

Only going to comment on number three because I have seen other foundry authors make similar statements.

In your view, you believe that by making foundry quests you are helping cryptic by creating content for them. Because you do this you feel you should be excluded from having to purchase anything. (Extra Slots)

Here is my view. When did Cryptic ask you to create content for their game? If a man walks into my yard and trims the bushes without my asking him to, should he expect to be paid? There should be no expectation of reimbursement for creating foundry quests. The motivation for creating quests in the foundry should never be to attain anything free from the game. The passion for creating quests should come from within. The reward for creating a solid quest should be limited to recognition only.

I would happily purchase extra slots because I enjoy creating quests, and that is my view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    Only going to comment on number three because I have seen other foundry authors make similar statements.

In your view, you believe that by making foundry quests you are helping cryptic by creating content for them. Because you do this you feel you should be excluded from having to purchase anything. (Extra Slots)

Here is my view. When did Cryptic ask you to create content for their game? If a man walks into my yard and trims the bushes without my asking him to, should he expect to be paid? There should be no expectation of reimbursement for creating foundry quests. The motivation for creating quests in the foundry should never be to attain anything free from the game. The passion for creating quests should come from within. The reward for creating a solid quest should be limited to recognition only.

I would happily purchase extra slots because I enjoy creating quests, and that is my view.

First off... It would be closer if you said "if a man walks into your yard and you offer him some tools to use to trim the bushes. Cryptic is giving authors the tools to create quests for the game. And Cryptic did ask players to create content simply by giving players the tools to do so. Would be rather dumb to give players the tools and them say "We gave you the tools to make your own quests, but we do not want you to make any."

And I do not think he is asking for reimbursement... I think he is asking for more slots to create quests for the game.

I have tried it a little. Enjoy it, but admittedly I am not good at it. So I would not buy more quest slots personally. If I used my 10 allotted slots and wanted to make more... I would delete the one I disliked the most and go from there.

Just my thoughts.
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off... It would be closer if you said "if a man walks into your yard and you offer him some tools to use to trim the bushes."

Bad antecedent fallacy. The tools were available before the man walked into the yard. The man walked into the yard without being coerced and used the tools to trim the bushes. Then the man expected reimbursement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've heard of some folks already at the end of their 10 slots. IMO... that's a sign they really should go back and work on their quests some more.

I think more slots would be a good idea, but given a good quest takes probably a solid week to develop and test (and probably much more than that, particularly if you actually have a day job), I don't think it's a pressing concern.

I would be fine with STO's model. 10k AD for 4 slots is... pittance. That's one day of heavy play, or a few days of more casual play to hit dailies.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    Bad antecedent fallacy. The tools were available before the man walked into the yard. The man walked into the yard without being coerced and used the tools to trim the bushes. Then the man expected reimbursement.

But the owner of the yard did ask the man if he would like to use the tools to trim the bushes. Cryptic advertises the foundry and, basically, asks players to create quests.

And no one said the man wanted reimbursement. He just wants more bushes to trim. :)
    Narayan
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In STO I willingfully payed Dilithium (=Mitril for NW) for more Foundry slots, never used any of the additional, never felt bad about it and never will. It's a (mostly) free game and not my daytime job so (c Joker) Why so serious?

Right now I have no idea how to fill up my first 10 Foundry slots with high quality stuff - and everything else is pointless anyway (xcept one slot for a parody maybe). I am sure once (or if!) I have created 10 perfect quests, there will be more slots available one way or the other. ;)
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Again I state. I think it is more than enough putting in your time and effort to create yes, Content" for the game. It does not matter how you try to avoid it Foundry work adds to the game and the gaming environment for all players, thus it also gives more incentive for people to play it AND Spend their cash in the zen market. So it is not too horrible I think to simply say, "Hey, if we produce accepted modules that go live can you give us another slot so we can make more for each one that does so".

Next, I simply posted that to date I am running out of slots, my modules run average 25 to 45 minutes, multi leveled and currently ALL have went live and or been placed on the approved dailies foundry list.
    So I do no think I am making <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nor quickie run from a to b modules and it seems others do not think so as well.

I know any company needs to make a profit, but at this time I seriously do not think that going, Humm, the individuals module has been approved for dailies or gone live so it must have some worth, lets give him or her another slot to work with is asking too much.

As for threats, LOL I am no 12 year old and I DO NOT THREATEN; I promise and that is a fact.

As for quiting or not, you want me to pay for creating stuff for you, no problem, I simply withdraw what work I have done and go on about my life. It is a game and if I do not get enjoyment from it I leave as I have others for close to 30 years now.

So again I simply place the items as stated, AS SUGGESTIONS, on how to work with the current limit of 10 quest. If they did not plan to allow for more as per number 1 above, why give you 10 campaign slots to hold 10 quest each, then only 10 quest?
    What? Make 1 quest per campaign? Do not think so.

OH and I already pay my dues for the game as is and I am Not going to pay to add content for them to profit from at my expense plain and simple really. Add to it for free no problem IF I have the time, but not if they go charging for additional quest slots it is that simple really.
    Avalean
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    OH and I already pay my dues for the game as is and I am Not going to pay to add content for them to profit from at my expense plain and simple really. Add to it for free no problem IF I have the time, but not if they go charging for additional quest slots it is that simple really.
    Avalean

Your logic is VERY flawed. 10.000ds of gamers (including myself) have spent money on games like Half-Life, Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout or whatever just for the privilege to create content or whole mods for the game. Thats FORTY BUCKS per game just to be allowed to pour 100ds of manhours into content which we even have to zip, upload and advertise ourselves. And we all know that some of the older games still sell 1000ds of copies every year just because the modding community keeps it alive - with NO rewards from the publishers for those.

And YOU are complaining about a FREE modding editor (including a whole game btw) that takes care of everything and presents your work to an audience of +100.000??

Gimme a break please :p
  • Options
    thehuntress#2050 thehuntress Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the main point of the Foundry is being forgotten. What is D&D about? It's about creating and imagination. Doesn't WotC offer tools to create but cost money? What's the differece? Didn't Bioware do the same with their games and for what I know people are still creating with those. But the games needed to be purchased. We are using tools for free to create and share adventures from a game that is offered for free.
  • Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Again I state. I think it is more than enough putting in your time and effort to create yes, Content" for the game. It does not matter how you try to avoid it Foundry work adds to the game and the gaming environment for all players, thus it also gives more incentive for people to play it AND Spend their cash in the zen market. So it is not too horrible I think to simply say, "Hey, if we produce accepted modules that go live can you give us another slot so we can make more for each one that does so".

By choosing to PvP/Skirmish/Dungeon delve I am contributing to people having someone to PvP against/PvE alongside. Should someone who gathers together crafting resources to create items that they sell on the Auction House be given free resources? Roleplayers create plots and storylines and RP for other RPers.... they make content... should they get something for free?

You like making Foundry content, you get to enjoy world building and making your own quests, this facility is given to you for free.

Next, I simply posted that to date I am running out of slots, my modules run average 25 to 45 minutes, multi leveled and currently ALL have went live and or been placed on the approved dailies foundry list.
    So I do no think I am making <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nor quickie run from a to b modules and it seems others do not think so as well.

I'd be very interested in seeing what little gems you have managed to put together in the last two months that you don't consider to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yospeck wrote: »
    By choosing to PvP/Skirmish/Dungeon delve I am contributing to people having someone to PvP against/PvE alongside. Should someone who gathers together crafting resources to create items that they sell on the Auction House be given free resources? Roleplayers create plots and storylines and RP for other RPers.... they make content... should they get something for free?

You like making Foundry content, you get to enjoy world building and making your own quests, this facility is given to you for free.

I'd be very interested in seeing what little gems you have managed to put together in the last two months that you don't consider to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

There is one big difference... Everything you listed has no limit as to how much they can do/create.
    How do you think crafters would feel if they could only craft 10 items and then have to wait till Cryptic decides as to how they could craft more?
    And as for RPers... Cryptic has not crafted anything special; for them that wasn't already planned for the game. Correct me if I am wrong.
    And as for your PvP/Skirmish/dungeon delve... How would you feel if they told you you could only participate in only 10 PvP battles? Or 10 Skirmishes? Or 10 dungeon delves?
    Narayan
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There is one big difference... Everything you listed has no limit as to how much they can do/create.
    How do you think crafters would feel if they could only craft 10 items and then have to wait till Cryptic decides as to how they could craft more?
    And as for RPers... Cryptic has not crafted anything special; for them that wasn't already planned for the game. Correct me if I am wrong.
    And as for your PvP/Skirmish/dungeon delve... How would you feel if they told you you could only participate in only 10 PvP battles? Or 10 Skirmishes? Or 10 dungeon delves?

There are limits everywhere: I can only have 1 companion summoned allthough I have allready trained 3, I can only have 5 crafting tasks at a time and not more than 3 of the same. My number of backpack slots is limited, even if I buy all that are available in the Zen market. I have more enchantments can I can use. And guess what? Most quests are NOT repeatable, they can only be played ONCE - how annyoing is THAT? ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There are limits everywhere: I can only have 1 companion summoned allthough I have allready trained 3, I can only have 5 crafting tasks at a time and not more than 3 of the same. My number of backpack slots is limited, even if I buy all that are available in the Zen market. I have more enchantments can I can use. And guess what? Most quests are NOT repeatable, they can only be played ONCE - how annyoing is THAT? ;)

Annoying? Yes. ;)
    But I think you misunderstand me here. I am not saying that authors should have unlimited quest slots. I agree with (can't remember who suggested it), that after your quest/campaign reaches a certain point/rating/what ever you get a replacement slot for that. Heck, I would even be for the author losing the ability to change the quest at all.
    But as was stated before... Getting 10 campaign and only 10 quest slots is a little ridiculous. Don't you think?
    Narayan