test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Surrender PvP after 5min

lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
It would be useful to be able to type /surrender and have team accept/decline to end game after 5 minutes in Domination.
Post edited by lwet on

Comments

• ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    ... and instead of having afk farming you would get insta farming ...? This option would kill PVP outright. Games that have this option, PVP becomes a first blow thing. Players cut their loss as soon as they fall behind and dont try to overcome deficit during a game. Makes for the most annoying matches with the most annoying kind of players. Players that do not like to surrender are forced to do so by the players that do not play for pleasure but for rewards ...
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only if surrendering doesn't grant anything to surrendering side.
  • lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And you shouldn't be able to surrender before 5 minutes (at least).
  • quoiskyquoisky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd NEVER surrender! Bots or not... I complain about exploits being abused in pvp, bots, what not. But one thing I never do is surrender to them! I've been in many 2-3 v5 matches and I still stood my ground t'ill the last hit!
    Pvp is war! There is no right in numbers, advantages or fairness.Either way you have to fight! That's it.

Pushing a button is a lazy way out! Just like those lazy *** that use exploits! It's a game, PLAY IT or get out in my opinion!
  • thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you can /surrender then everybody in a PUG team will surrender 90% of the time. PUG in pvp is literally dead now. Everybody is either a TR or a CW. The TR will always be running away from enemies and going to the location with the most teammates. The CW will just be casting away on their own, kill a bunch, get killed many times. Rinse and repeat.

It seems like players only join a PUG pvp only for the dailly AD and the glory but the rewards for the losing team (i.e. you guess it, the walk in PUG team as usual) will be nerfed and Gauntlgrym will provide its own set of pve and pvp dailly. I predict there will be a lot more bots and less real players joining the Dominion pvp very soon.
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Straight NO to surrender button.

This is not DOTA or LOL, the game is not focused on PvP thus if you don't like PvP you can still do something else which will allow you to earn AD better.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    the surrender option should work only if there are nothing to the team that surrenders, applying that i do agree since the queue will be much more clean and those duels will not last long
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the surrender option should work only if there are nothing to the team that surrenders, applying that i do agree since the queue will be much more clean and those duels will not last long

You are already granted this option - leave team. It is then up to the each of the rest of the team members to decide whether they want to leave for no reward or stay.

For now, many are reluctant to leave because the queue is bugged. Once you leave a match you are likely to be bugged until the match is finished but this will be fixed eventually.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Once you leave a match you are likely to be bugged until the match is finished but this will be fixed eventually.

Hopefully with at least 15 min deserter debuff.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Hopefully with at least 15 min deserter debuff.
    I can see it now.

"You were hit in the knee while fleeing the battlefield. You many never be an adventurer again. +2 major injuries"
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm speaking from the winning team's point of view.

Sometimes my team wins by a large margin at the beginning of the match, end up winning 1000-35 and we stand around doing nothing for 10 mins. Sometimes more if the enemy team stalls the result.

It seems like the enemy team would use /surrender in these types of matches, if they had the option.
  • ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    These hugely one sided matches are mostly due to afkers and leavers.The real solution is to fix the source of the problem not make it so the game revolve around it. The surrender button would be to recognize we cant figure a way do make a decent matchmaking system and deal adequately with afkers and leavers.