test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The (Un)Official Battle Cleric ASAP please thread.

warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Hello Cryptic,

So you've hinted your next class is going to be a "ranged class" if I had to put money on it I would wager it was the ranged Rogue build from the Players Handbook 1.. However why you are putting more dps in before utilities such as the other healer class is beyond me.

This is me asking you to please, please, please get the Battle Cleric up and running and in asap. Those of us that would rather be a mace and shield wielding front line healer would be super happy if you did this.

So other players and Clerics waiting (im)patiently for a battle Cleric let's bug and nag a bit for the class we actually want to play. While DC is fun.. it's the class I had to settle for, not the class i wanted to play!
Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
Post edited by warsiren on

Comments

• Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If they can't even make ONE healing class work properly yet, it seems a little overeager to ask for two.
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    If they can't even make ONE healing class work properly yet, it seems a little overeager to ask for two.

They probably don't understand what we mean by "Battle" Cleric. I mean, why would we need more than one healing class in the first place??? Why would a Cleric want to swing a Greatsword, or wear Heavy Armor and use a shield??? That doesn't help you be a hjealbot/buffbot at all... /sarcasm
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Except that most cleric options in 4e don't come with shields. Battle Cleric doesn't, IIRC. I think there may be one that does, but I forget.
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »

I knew there was going to be at least one of these, *sigh* It's a completely different playstyle, the more playstyles you appeal to the more likely you will have people playing healers.

It's also the main cleric people usually make when they make Clerics in DnD.. I still am trying to figure out why they went with DC over BC first.

BC's are the Iconic Cleric, when people think of Clerics.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Except that most cleric options in 4e don't come with shields. Battle Cleric doesn't, IIRC. I think there may be one that does, but I forget.

Yeah Shield Clerics.. unless you're a Dwrf which I usually am, and then you can just Warhammer and Shield... with a Battle Cleric, which I usually do (which is why I had a lapse that BC's don't really use shields..but hell I'll gladly accept Two Handed Hammer time!!!), that or a Mordenkrad, if I decide to go 2 handed.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You do realized it's already been confirmed the next 2 classes are Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock, right? How do you totally miss that?
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You guys realize if they ever introduce a new healing class, it will be 40% reduced heals on itself, right? Just had to throw that jab in :p
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i would rather have a druid that can act as a Buffer/debuffer and sub-healer by creating special potions or Area healing/buff/debuffs by putting totems
  • Options
    tursiotursio Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    A totem-focused druid seems like an obvious pick in the ground-targeted-AoE-heavy game that is NW.

But yeah, the very next class to come out is 99% definitely going to be the Archer Ranger, if the State of the Game's hint is accurate.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    You do realized it's already been confirmed the next 2 classes are Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock, right? How do you totally miss that?

Mind linking your source? Cause all I saw was a Hint that the next class will be ranged, and people are assuming Ranger, though I'm more inclined to believe Crossbow rogue.. Regardless Please link the source of this from an official cryptic quote.
  • Options
    aphasiaaphasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    You guys realize if they ever introduce a new healing class, it will be 40% reduced heals on itself, right? Just had to throw that jab in :p

Nah, they'll probably one up themselves. It'll be 80% reduced heals. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    aphasia wrote: »
    Nah, they'll probably one up themselves. It'll be 80% reduced heals. :P

While I do think Righteousness sucks, I really think you guys are over emphasizing it and blowing it out of proportions like many did with the AS Bug Change. Like I said I'm all for it being removed but it's totally workaroundable, and I'd accept it on my BC if I had to to get a BC!
  • Options
    aphasiaaphasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »
    While I do think Righteousness sucks, I really think you guys are over emphasizing it and blowing it out of proportions like many did with the AS Bug Change. Like I said I'm all for it being removed but it's totally workaroundable, and I'd accept it on my BC if I had to to get a BC!

Well 40% is quite a chunk. I mean if we're giving out a H.O.T to our allies, 500 for 10 secs we'll be losing 2000 hp. I guess when they made the DC they had Martyrs in mind.
  • Options
    elwardenfelwardenf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aphasia wrote: »
    Well 40% is quite a chunk. I mean if we're giving out a H.O.T to our allies, 500 for 10 secs we'll be losing 2000 hp. I guess when they made the DC they had Martyrs in mind.

Heaven forbid I compare the cleric class with another game (*cough* LOTRO) but minis in that games (a while back) had a similar mechanism if you want warchant mode. That is, if you wanted to go warchant stance, you would have self healing penalty, but you also got increases with dps and damage. Here, all I see is a HEALING PENALTY.

Secondly, is this penalty that we get here, something that Cryptic made, since while I dont know much about 4e rules (I only played in the 1980s) I cannot recall any features in the DND itself? (I could be wrong)