test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

potential new classes?

xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So we have:

Guardian Fighter (GF)
Great Weapon Fighter (GWF)
Control Wizard (CW)
Trickster Rogue (TR)
Devoted Cleric (DC)

from basic class-kits that would be:
Dungeoneering: GF, GWF
Thievery: TR,
Religion: DC,
Arcane: CW,
Nature: -none-

more or less there is already Ranger announced - unofficial of course, we just know its a 'Ranged' class.
And there went screenshots from a green item of the class Scourge Warlock around the forums.

So we can guess that Warlock and Ranger will become potential new classes, and Ranger not only because of the flood of Drizzt-Drow fakes.^^

if we can believe that there will always 2classes for one kit. then we can suppose that there will be even more new classes.

Ranger (R?) could be Nature
Warlock (SW?) may be Arcane

So we got:

Arcane: CW, SW
Nature: R,

We know nothing but i came to the conclusion that Druid and Paladin may become good classes.

Druid could be a second healer, Paladin a second Tank.

Druid (D?) - nature kits; Paladin (P?) - religion kits.

Religion: DC, P
Nature: R, D

Now we need something for the second Thief kit huh.
I personally cant think of anything that would go there.. many want a Bard class though.
maybe Ranger has access to both; Thief and Nature? what do you guys think could be potential new classes?
Post edited by xanos900 on

Comments

• Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    nothing in there though says that the warlock is next, just that he is coming at some point
  • Options
    raal2raal2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You do realize there's a very mixed message in the thread you linked, right? Also random people posting unofficial information means absolutely nothing. There's nothing in there that would make me believe scourge warlock will be the next class.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    raal2 wrote: »
    You do realize there's a very mixed message in the thread you linked, right? Also random people posting unofficial information means absolutely nothing. There's nothing in there that would make me believe scourge warlock will be the next class.
    \

Sorry kiddo, I played since CB2, unlike you, Scourge Warlock is next. And Scourge Warlock loot dropped like candy during CB2, until they fixed it for CB 3. But since you just joined this month, I can excuse your ignorance.
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i already said that ranger and warlock are the two most potential new classes, but i suppose there will come many many more in the future.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that at least we will see a second build of the announced classes, either that or one of the two fighters should just be "scrapped" and remade into either a Protecting Paladin (if it's the GF) or a Frenzied Barbarian (if it's the GWF). Of course this could end up pissing off a lot of people, so maybe it's best if they just release new builds/classes.
    But assuming that doesn't happen and that (and shouldn't, because have all classes with multiple builds would be a lot closer to what D&D 4th edition actually is), here's the class I think they should release EVENTUALLY:

(let's skip Archery Rangers and Scourge Warlocks and consider them already planned)

1) Brawny Rogue
    2) Battle Cleric
    3) War Wizard
    4) Dual Wield Ranger
    5) Vestige Warlock

Then we would have 2 builds of every current/planned class.

After that
    6) Cunning Bard
    7) Valorous Bard
    8) Predator Druid
    9) Swarm Druid
  • Options
    roleplayingtvroleplayingtv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Roguen I think

• Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    \

Sorry kiddo, I played since CB2, unlike you, Scourge Warlock is next. And Scourge Warlock loot dropped like candy during CB2, until they fixed it for CB 3. But since you just joined this month, I can excuse your ignorance.
    Well that was rude.
  • Options
    ledmonsonledmonson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To the O.P.: Druids in 4th end do not heal (much). Druids are controllers. If you want a Primal power source healer then you're looking for the Shaman.
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Purely thematically my money is on Scourge Warlock first, possibly at official launch as a surprise and the Ranger with module 1.

Reasoning:
    A warlock had a talking part in the cinematic intro and I seem to recall a comment that an additional class was almost ready but didn't make the cut for OB. The cinematic seems to introduce the initial release classes (I believe one of each had a talking part?).

The ranger would fit thematically into what has been hinted at for module 1 and would fit the plan of releasing a new class every 2 months that was mentioned elsewhere on these forums.

Interestingly enough I believe both classes are ranged strikers? Might make life interesting for the rogue population if they are.

edit: Seeing we have 2 defenders, 3 melee classes and 2 classes suitable for AoE damage with the speculative 2 strikers coming up (for a then total of 3), I hope the devs have at least one leader and controller each slated for release in the near future.
  • Options
    dndbuffnessdndbuffness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the Warden could be a controller tank =D
  • Options
    morkelb78morkelb78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Warden is a Lock down tank, meaning they lock down area's and make moving past them hard in pen and paper. Not sure how that relates to this game though.

The Next thought, Druid is a primal controller. As stated earlier.

Classes I would like to see, Warlord (leader), Warden (Defender), Paladin (Defender), Sword Mage (Defender), Sorcerer (Striker), Avenger (Striker), Invoker (Controller), Assassin (striker), and Barbarian (Striker).

Now each of these classes has a good number paragon paths, if you look at the 4th edition character builder on the WoC site. So you couple these classes, and many more with even more races and what you have is a ton of options for group composition and festivities.
  • Options
    pilfropilfro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we lash out when our feelings are hurt, or we are afraid.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After they add Warlocks and Rangers, I hope to give extra options for leaders, defenders, and controllers. My guesses there would be cunning bard, protecting paladin, predator druid, unless they decide to double up one of the existing classes with another build like battle cleric.
  • Options
    voxx75voxx75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Bard at some point.
    @voxx75:
    "An Occurrence at Faolon's Field"
    (daily eligible)
    Shortcode: NW-DGPROFMWU
    "A Lunacy in Havenlock" (needs reviews!)
    Shortcode: NW-DUY2JXAQQ
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    voxx75 wrote:
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Bard at some point.

Bard will come but not soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote:
    After they add Warlocks and Rangers, I hope to give extra options for leaders, defenders, and controllers. My guesses there would be cunning bard, protecting paladin, predator druid, unless they decide to double up one of the existing classes with another build like battle cleric.

You are forgetting the Warlord! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited June 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »
    So we have:

Guardian Fighter (GF)
    Great Weapon Fighter (GWF)
    Control Wizard (CW)
    Trickster Rogue (TR)
    Devoted Cleric (DC)

from basic class-kits that would be:
    Arcane: CW,
    Nature: -none-

more or less there is already Ranger announced - unofficial of course, we just know its a 'Ranged' class.
    And there went screenshots from a green item of the class Scourge Warlock around the forums.

So we can guess that Warlock and Ranger will become potential new classes, and Ranger not only because of the flood of Drizzt-Drow fakes.^^

if we can believe that there will always 2classes for one kit. then we can suppose that there will be even more new classes.

Ranger (R?) could be Nature
    Warlock (SW?) may be Arcane

So we got:

Nature: R,

We know nothing but i came to the conclusion that Druid and Paladin may become good classes.

Druid could be a second healer, Paladin a second Tank.

Druid (D?) - nature kits; Paladin (P?) - religion kits.

Religion: DC, P
    Nature: R, D

Now we need something for the second Thief kit huh.
    I personally cant think of anything that would go there.. many want a Bard class though.
    maybe Ranger has access to both; Thief and Nature? what do you guys think could be potential new classes?

Instead of thinking on how they should plan the next classes thinking on Skills (which are pretty much useless), you should think on class roles, in this case class build roles:

In d&d4e, each class have a role, there are four different roles (Defender, Striker, Leader and Controller):

Leader ("You lead by shielding allies with your prayers, healing, and using powers that improve your allie's attacks." - PH D&D4e).

Defender ("You are very tough and have the exceptional ability to contain enemies in melee." - PH D&D4e).

Striker ("You dart in to attack, do massive damage, and then retreat to safety. You do best when teamed with a defender to flank enemies." - PH D&D4e).

Controller ("You exert control through magical effects that cover large areas - sometimes hindering foes, sometimes consuming them with fire." - PH D&D4e).

In NW they modified it so that the classes are Guardian Fighter, which according to NWWIKI (curse), is a defender; and Great Weapon Fighter, which according to NWWIKI (curse), is a "damage dealer and secondary defender" (You can read it as a secondary striker & secondary defender).

So, what do we have in NW (according to curse neverwinter wiki):

GF = Defender (Primary)
    GWF = Striker & Defender (Both Secondary)
    TR = Striker (Primary)
    CW = Controller (Primary)
    DC = Leader (Primary) & Controller (Secondary)

In theory, a successful party is composed by a Leader, Defender, Striker and Controller.

So we have:

Defender: 1,5 (GF + 1/2GWF)
    Striker: 1,5 (TR+1/2GWF)
    Leader: 1 (DC)
    Controller: 1,5 (CW+1/2DC)

If we think on that they should release classes thinking on party creation and thinking on that they will release first PH (Player's Handbook) classes, then PH2, then PH3, in my opinion should be:

1) Archer Ranger - Striker (Primary)
    2) Inspiring Warlord - Leader (Primary)
    3) Protecting Paladin - Defender (Primary)
    4) Scourge Warlock - Striker (Primary)

Then I don't know if they are going to add the secondary build option of each of those classes: Avenger Paladin, Browny Rogue, War Wizard, Deceptive Warlock, Tactical Warlord, Battle Cleric, Two-Blade Ranger. Or continue with the PH2 and PH3.

PH2 includes the following classes: Avenger (Striker), Barbarian (Striker), Bard (Leader), Druid (Controller), Invoker (Controller), Shaman (Leader), Sorcerer (Striker), Warden (Defender).

PH3 includes the psion classes (Ardent (Leader), Battlemind (Defender), Monk (Striker), Psion (Controller), Runepriest (Leader), Seeker (Controller)).

Other classes not included in PH, PH2 and PH3 are Artificer (Leader), Swordmage (Defender), Assassin (Striker), Vampire (Striker).

Anyways, what is next? Archer Ranger, Protecting Paladin, Insipiring Warlord and Scourge Warlock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    \

Arrogance, assumptions, and rudeness. I guess the world needs all types of people.

We can all agree that the Warlock will come at SOME point, but to assume it's next because some assets were in the beta test and through data mining just might make you sound like a fool. Could the Warlock be next? Sure. Might it be something else? Quite possibly.

Do yourself a favor in life and stop making foolish assumptions and trying to throw them around as truth as if you can read the future. Things don't always go the way you think. Then again why am I bothering to mention this to someone as arrogant, rude, and quite possibly so foolish?
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd really like to have a paladin. I have a good suggestion though, when characters reach level 60 they should be given the option to multi-class (start a second class). This would enable characters to use abilities and equipment from multiple classes. In advance D@D characters were allowed to double and to triple class, so why can't they here. It would increase character play time as well as company profits as players would be switching equipment after reaching the highest level. In advanced D and D though, players were who multi-classed were slightly weakened in each of their classes, and this weakening could easily be achieved by limiting the number of points characters are allowed to place within each class, or keeping the main class as it is, giving the second class less points to spend than the first

If you limit the total amount of points a player has, but allow them to multi-class then there is no need to require them to wait until they are level 60 and it would be more like D and D, but profits are probably greater the other way.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'd really like to have a paladin. I have a good suggestion though, when characters reach level 60 they should be given the option to multi-class (start a second class). This would enable characters to use abilities and equipment from multiple classes. In advance D@D characters were allowed to double and to triple class, so why can't they here. It would increase character play time as well as company profits as players would be switching equipment after reaching the highest level. In advanced D and D though, players were who multi-classed were slightly weakened in each of their classes, and this weakening could easily be achieved by limiting the number of points characters are allowed to place within each class, or keeping the main class as it is, giving the second class less points to spend than the first

If you limit the total amount of points a player has, but allow them to multi-class then there is no need to require them to wait until they are level 60 and it would be more like D and D, but profits are probably greater the other way.
    Check out that thread in that page and the next one: There is how Multiclassing work in this edition of d&d and a lot of talking about it.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?338962-What-D-amp-D-aspects-we-would-like-to-see-broadened/page3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    akostisakostis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see my favorite class Black Guard in the game. It would be a pretty functional class in alot of the game as it can control undead and such. And there are alot of undead in the game. I just really enjoyed the Anti-Paladin aspect of the class in general. Could wield one or two handed weapons and such as well as cast a few spells.

Regards