test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No more nerf, please!

kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
All this nerf talk is annoying!

I wonder how many rage posts we'd see if they censored the word "nerf" on the forums... After all, "nerf" is a derogatory term used to describe bug fixes and balance changes alike, and it is *always* used to put a negative spin on whatever it's being used to describe.
Post edited by kevlintallfellow on

Comments

• viiolentviiolent Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i agree... we need to stay positive!
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I love polls. Lick the pole was a great band.

We should have a poll about people that rage about people raging about nerfs.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    By an overwhelming majority, the player-base demands MORE NERF!

And more cowbell.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far, the yes-bellied nerfs are in the lead!
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I want is them to nerf or buff but keeping the classes as close as possible to their role (defender/striker/leader/controller). Nerf is not bad when it's really needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    A certain class and some mechanics deserve a nerf, but for the most part, everything needs a bit of a rework.
  • cthutubecthutube Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I started a new character, and built him up a lot differently than my last one (both dwarf clerics). New one works a lot better.

Stop changing the game in the name of balance please. It doesnt work.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    In the traditional of D&D I propose reverting back to the D20 dice for damage rolls. ;)
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the traditional of D&D I propose reverting back to the D20 dice for damage rolls. ;)

ROFL. Nothing in old-school D&D rolled D20 for damage.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah lets balance a game for certain players that don't get how the game works lol the gwf's and gw's needed a buff but the nerfs were rediculas sure AS was never meant to be stacked but why not just stop that rather then making so much more hard for clerics how about lower the levels for clerics too as they are the only class that has to do pvp or skirmishes or dungeons or foundry missions just to catch up to the level to do the next main quest

note about the rogue nerf i have never taken 1000 base damage from a zombie rotter before thats an interesting change i never had shocking exection but i think they should of just disabled the skill in pvp it was useful in pve now it wont be i doubt i will even invest in it now

arent nerfs just awesome!!</sarcasm>
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
    edited June 2013
    Almost every single reply up to this point is off-topic!

So far, so good!
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    The number of people voting 'no nerfs' is = to the number of rogues who voted.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Moar nerf!!!!!11!!!!
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reasonable & understandable adjustments. (which will then, in the standard of all MMO game forums, be decried as "nerfing us into the ground!!!1!1one!" /sigh)
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Start nerfing and this game will loose what little players it's managed to gather. Nerfing is never good. The people crying for nerf assume it will reduce everyone's char but theirs. It never ends tho. Nerf this and that and that and that until we are all piles of goo. The game is fine the way it was made. Don't listen to the nerf nuts devs!

If chars start getting the nerf I'm leaving. There are plenty of console games to keep me happy now and THEY WONT NERF.

Let's look deeper into what nerf does by understanding it's root definition: atrophy, be of no avail, blow, burn up, consume, corrode, crumble, debilitate, decay, decline, decrease, deplete, disable, disappear, dissipate, divert, drain, droop, eat away, ebb, emaciate, empty.
  • thetruezesbanthetruezesban Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    ROFL. Nothing in old-school D&D rolled D20 for damage.

Depends what you mean by old school. Some printings of 3rd edition had Monk Unarmed damage scale to 1d20 instead of 2d10. Check out the SRD - http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD3e:Monk. But yes, it was exceedingly rare to see a d20 ever rolled for damage. =)

- Zesban
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    More Nerf's!

they bounce of stuff and they have those new gun's that fire glow in the dark nerf's!

On a rogue note, I just wish they bring in revenant and multiclassing so I can have a Half Orc/Revenant Thief/Assassin/Warlock again Duel Wielding Craghammer's ah, those were the days, Mark, Sneak Attack 2d10 +3d6, Move 3 away /Invisible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
    edited June 2013
    Everyone is still off-topic... Huh. Imagine that.