test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubberbanding killing DD-events

daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I hope with the official release coming up in the nearest future that you have worked on optimazing your servers significantly. Right now during the DD-events there is "rubberband" slow-reaction/spikes of up to a couple of seconds, which really makes reactionary and action combat feel extremely clunky and frankly when you dodge something and get hit like 2 seconds later you get very frustrated...

This is killing endgame for me right now.
GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
Post edited by daxtax86 on

Comments

• tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yes! I knew someone else had to be experiencing this as well..it started last night for me..it is horrible..i was only able..barely able...to run one karrundax..and today its not any better..feed your hamsters PWE.

(Not to mention server not responding for 5 minutes)..and I'm surfing the web while this is going on..its not on my end.
  • skinbeefskinbeef Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought this was normal. When we played DnD many moons ago, our DM would roll for rubberbanding. "You rolled a 2 on the rubberbanding check, move back 6 feet and negate your last action as it is now out of range"
  • blueblazephoenixblueblazephoenix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Repeatedly getting hit by stuff that I thought I dodged is driving me insane. It's been getting worse, especially since yesterday.:(
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    skinbeef wrote: »
    I thought this was normal. When we played DnD many moons ago, our DM would roll for rubberbanding. "You rolled a 2 on the rubberbanding check, move back 6 feet and negate your last action as it is now out of range"

lol..... :D

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Crappy server optimization is crappy.
    You have no idea how fun is to rubberband in CN as cleric...
  • aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    I hope with the official release coming up in the nearest future that you have worked on optimazing your servers significantly. Right now during the DD-events there is "rubberband" slow-reaction/spikes of up to a couple of seconds, which really makes reactionary and action combat feel extremely clunky and frankly when you dodge something and get hit like 2 seconds later you get very frustrated...

This is killing endgame for me right now.

That always happens , at least for me, I only see it being far more painful during boss fights (dungeon or not).
    What i particularly hate is dodging away from a red zone, being what looks like 4 or 5 in game meter from the red, and the mob JUMP into the red to make its attack.... And i get damaged. Like for example werewolf jump attack.
  • cuteschmooplescuteschmooples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This and Chartilifax are *crosses fingers* best buds.

I'm never going to be able to finish that dungeon!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    There has been a recent issue between the Cryptic Servers and a routing provider known as Savvis.
    If you're experiencing rubberbanding within the last couple of days which you hadn't before there may be a chance that it has to do with this issue.

In the mean time most rubberbanding at this point in time is for oddball reasons. The servers themselves are completely stable.

If you're experiencing rubberbanding the best thing you can do is post it in the bug reports section with information about your computer system, settings, and ISP. Keeping quiet or not supplying information for the developers to compare will not get the issues solved.

The current performance problems are mainly, if not completely, case-by-case issues rather than universally experienced. :)
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There has been a recent issue between the Cryptic Servers and a routing provider known as Savvis.
    If you're experiencing rubberbanding within the last couple of days which you hadn't before there may be a chance that it has to do with this issue.

In the mean time most rubberbanding at this point in time is for oddball reasons. The servers themselves are completely stable.

If you're experiencing rubberbanding the best thing you can do is post it in the bug reports section with information about your computer system, settings, and ISP. Keeping quiet or not supplying information for the developers to compare will not get the issues solved.

The current performance problems are mainly, if not completely, case-by-case issues rather than universally experienced. :)

After I had a ticket open for more than 3 weeks with a relatively easy problem, only to get it closed with an auto-mated response I'm done trying to help "fix" this game.

Additionally stop kidding yourself, the issues are EXTREMELY universal and always happen at peak hours, especially during DD-events, trying to say that it is PC or ISP related is a gigantic joke.

• gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've died a lot (more) the past few days due to rubberbanding on my Rogue. It seems that I rubberband the most when trying to roll out of a red circle / cone on the ground. There is like some sort of invisible wall that won't allow you to roll out of the red sometimes.
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Crappy server optimization is crappy.
    You have no idea how fun is to rubberband in CN as cleric...

CN as Cleric is easy. Rubberbanding doesn't affect Cleric nearly as much as it does a Rogue. I play both classes.