test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Launch the Game

adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm suddenly unable to get past the "Cryptic" splash screen after logging into the game. It hangs for a few minutes then gives the following error:
"Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long."

Anyone else getting this?
[Foundry Projects]
The Sunken Castle
- NW-DEO4EA5XG -
- A story driven dungeon crawl! -
Post edited by adjuchasbrokk on

Comments

• amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Silly question but, have you rebooted yet?
    If that doesn't work, has your antivirus software updated last night/today?
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm suddenly unable to get past the "Cryptic" splash screen after logging into the game. It hangs for a few minutes then gives the following error:
    "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long."

Anyone else getting this?

Yes, same error.
  • latenelatene Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, getting the same thing, have you fixed it or found out what the issue was?
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Exactly the same thing here. Similar stuff has happened before though, and everything was fixed before long. I suggest to wait it out. (like we could do something else...)

EDIT: Good to see that other people have this too, should mean it will be taken notice of pretty quick.

As per the reboot thing, I tried it, also it can't be an antivirus problem, I just logged off for like 5 minutes and I couldn't log in afterwards...
  • jelaraxjelarax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same with me. Game crashes on the Cryptic screen. Was fine last night.
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amill72 wrote: »
    Silly question but, have you rebooted yet?
    If that doesn't work, has your antivirus software updated last night/today?

Yeah I've rebooted, tried running the exe as administrator etc, no dice.
    Looks like the patch server is either down or there is an issue with the route to it as I'm able to use the gateway fne etc...

Annoying as I was working on a new foundry project, clicked to test and it didn't finish loading :P
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
  • studlytooostudlytooo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep same. I think i saw it dl a file or so when i ran the launcher first thing this morning, but either way in the same boat as all ya'll. I have rebooted turned off spyware/virus, and tried to run game in a couple different compatibility modes, with no luck.
  • studlytooostudlytooo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As i just finished typing that last one it actually loaded this time.... perhaps try now?
  • godsmack7979godsmack7979 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm stuck at the same screen, but not getting any error messages
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's either fixed or I fixed it. All I did was click on the Neverwinter tab in the launcher (you know, beside the Neverwinter Preview tab). It checked the patch for like 5 seconds and let me in.
  • jelaraxjelarax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hah, tried more than 20 times. but now im in. :)
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    studlytooo wrote: »
    As i just finished typing that last one it actually loaded this time.... perhaps try now?

Up and working now, when i relaunched it did a file check and repatched a file.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    FIX = turn off on demand patch and try and log in and watch it try and load the new 1.5gb patch even though last night it downloaded 3gb one.

Mine had the same issues until I did this.
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    FIX = turn off on demand patch and try and log in and watch it try and load the new 1.5gb patch even though last night it downloaded 3gb one.

Mine had the same issues until I did this.

Nope, have tried every combination I can think of. Now I can't get past the "loading launcher" message.
  • neuroficneurofic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had same issue, only got it to work again by deleting the files inside the following folders: .patch cache and prepatch.
    These are found at Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live or wherever you selected to install Neverwinter to.

Had to do a 3mb patch again when i launched the game, and all prepatch data was obviously lost, but at the very least i was allowed to log in.
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    on the launcher click options and check disable on demand patching, it will require you to download a patch at that time to grab everything you are missing however you will never have this issue again.
    edited June 2013
    buckem420 wrote: »
    on the launcher click options and check disable on demand patching, it will require you to download a patch at that time to grab everything you are missing however you will never have this issue again.

Nope, still nothing. Game is jacked.
  • candipcandip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a cache file that we can dump that helps the load on the computer? Most other games have cache to dump.
  • faolin25faolin25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neurofic wrote: »
    Had same issue, only got it to work again by deleting the files inside the following folders: .patch cache and prepatch.
    These are found at Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live or wherever you selected to install Neverwinter to.

Had to do a 3mb patch again when i launched the game, and all prepatch data was obviously lost, but at the very least i was allowed to log in.

This worked for me, thanks neurofic.
    I stopped playing NW due to the fact that the game is considered "Live" - yet I can't even move when I login.