test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nightmare lockbox - Gloomwrought crate - odd results

xcentricksterxcentrickster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So my level 17 Rogue opened a nightmare lockbox - (shelled out $5 out of curiosity, to get some keys) - and got the gloomwrought crate. I opened it and received a level 9 blue item (for arms). It said it would give "something for your class and level". How does a level 9 item qualify for that? I'm just wondering if that is "working as intended". If so, I need not bother opening any more. (I did open another, and got another Gloomwrought Crate, but haven't had the heart yet to open it.)
Post edited by xcentrickster on

Comments

• lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I opened 1 (managed to trade for a key) and got a crappy ward and a green tradeskill item. Seems you did better than I did.
  • xcentricksterxcentrickster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol. yeah. I wasn't complaining so much as confused.

I wonder if the box sets the level at the level you were when you first received it. For instance, maybe the box dropped for me when I was level 9, and then even though I didn't open it until level 17, the reward stayed at level 9. I don't know, I don't remember when I received the box. But it's a theory I guess. In which case, waiting till you are higher level to open the boxes wouldn't make sense. Anyone know?
  • gamerzaeongamerzaeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game isn't exactly an expert at Renewing itself when you crest the next logical level for things like say you've obtained the daily dungeon run for AD at 25 and tool around til your 32 and it changes what dungeon you can enter then you get the daily AGAIN and it's the new dungeon but you still have the old one
    If you follow
    So the game has some flaws in the automation dept.
  • estyn1estyn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They appear to give you items that are at the "x9" level below you.

IE, open one at level 39... you get a 39 item. Open it at 41, you get a 39 item. Open it at 50, you get a 49 item. etc.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could be the next one would of been level 18 and since you were 17 got the level 9 item .
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The players that you see in system messages with the nightmare stuff and all the cool mounts and such are those that are sponsored by Cryptic and PWI. It's a marketing ploy guys... you see people getting these things so you spend money to get a key and get some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... DON'T buy into it!!
  • jahnkasadjahnkasad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone who's won the nightmare mount knows that what you're saying is BS, tredo.
  • grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Ive pulled 2 heavy inferno nightmares out of boxes...I sold the 2nd one for a cool 600k AD!!!
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gloomwrought Crates give you items that are good for your level range. For example, Great Weapon Fights can get a Shadowfell Greatsword whose level is *1, so if you're level 21 to 30, you get a level 21 item that is better than or equal to a level 30 item. I opened a crate for my level 46 Great Weapon Fighter and got a level 41 Shadowfell Greatsword which is better than any level 41 to 50 item in the auction.

Gloomwrought items are the equivalent of "reduced item level requirement" items in Diablo 3, and they allow you to use a powerful weapon early on without affecting the endgame (they are still inferior to purple items).
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't gambling against the law in some states? Isn't there a legal gambling age? Does cryptic and PWE have some sideways language they use to bypass age requirements and statutes?
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is in Star Trek Online, but a minute after I lucked out and got 2 lockbox ships within 10 lockboxes of each other, I was bombarded with idiotic offers for me to sell my ships. Idiotic meaning that they were offering less than half of what the ship was worth on the Auction House. Every message saying so and so obtained the Heavy Inferno Nightmare is legit. Otherwise, how would all these people know that I have a couple of ships that I could sell. Of course, I ignored them all and put them up on the Auction House.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Isn't gambling against the law in some states? Isn't there a legal gambling age? Does cryptic and PWE have some sideways language they use to bypass age requirements and statutes?

Lockboxes are the same as those toy vendor machines so it is not gambling, but does bring about the same problems that gambling has. Since there is an item in each lockbox and there is no real value to the items, then it bypasses the problems with gambling laws.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    The players that you see in system messages with the nightmare stuff and all the cool mounts and such are those that are sponsored by Cryptic and PWI. It's a marketing ploy guys... you see people getting these things so you spend money to get a key and get some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... DON'T buy into it!!

I got an Nightmare Mount on one of my characters. nothing sponsored about it.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    EDIT:Wrong thread, ignore this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]