test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

nerf epic dungeons

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
epic dungeons need nerf and big one ,ads hits way to hard and they respawn to fast ,some bosses have to huge hp ,ads have to much hp
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    looooooooooooooooool.Troll, right?
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually I haven't even bothered trying an epic dungeon with all the negative feedback posted about them. I'm w8ing until after the 20th to see if it is worth giving it a go with regards to que problems, GWF and GFs being kicked etc.
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some of the epic end bosses are really well done like Throne Of Idris and Temple Of The Spider. There are others that I wont play because the end boss fight is not just hard, its very very annoying and not a fun experience. I love a good challenge, but not a cheezy one where I feel more lucky than good when I finish it.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so everyone else likes to look for team for 20 mins and then play dungeon for 1+hour and fail in the end?only way to play this game is exploits+boss drags+shortcuts or u will just waste time ,or to run 2xdc+cw+tr team gwf and gf in team makes all epics few times harder
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Epic dungeons are so easy than most boss fights are 5 to 10 mins encounter, and 10 mins is when you have a poor rogue/gwf not doing enough damage on the boss. What you need is to learn to play your class, use the maps, get everyone doing the job they are supposed to do, and get the CW controlling stuff instead of doing random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, like most CWs do.

By the way, most dungeons last 30 mins at most, except Caslte never and Dread vault. If your runs take more than that then there are issues with your team, and i'm sorry but it might be you.
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not nerf, actually create. Every fight is the exact same, Boss + metric ton of adds; every strat is the same, the rogue does dps everyone else add handles. its boring and demonstrates laziness on the part of the devs
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If theyre nerfed, then they shouldnt be 'Epics'. But i do agree that the lazyness on the design about boss encounters was really Epic.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Personally I'm a fan of quick dungeon runs that last between 30-45 minutes. Any dungeons that takes more than an hour is considered long. A dungeon that last more than 1 hour 30 minutes (of progression) is already considered too long. Nowadays people don't have as much time as before and if this game is going to cater to the mass audience of casual gamers then it has to consider the length of play time of people.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the problem is not so much that dungeons don't feel epic, it is that they are crazilly designed with the basic premise of "shove in as many mobs as possible". Hell, half the number of mobs, but make them harder to kill, would make more sense, than the constant "more and more and more".
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    If theyre nerfed, then they shouldnt be 'Epics'. But i do agree that the lazyness on the design about boss encounters was really Epic.

The dungeon game design mantra should be quality over quantity.

If I were the dungeon designer..

1. I would change dungeon delve to be token based. Instead of flat out random epic reward. More tokens rewarded during dungeon delve. Limit epic dungeon runs to X times per day. That way you can control progression.

2. IF you run tier 1 dungeons during dungeon delve you get Tier 1 gear tokens. IF you run Tier 2 dungeons during dungeon delve you get Tier 2 gear tokens. People like saving up for things which they have a 100% chance to get rather than random gear that's just end up being sold to the AH.

3. Average dungeon runs would take 30-45 minutes. 45 - 60 minutes for epic dungeons.

4. Trash mob could rarely drop random epics. Change challenge rating of packs of trash mobs synergy to complement the abilities of the trash mob instead of just stuff as many trash mobs per square inch. That's what makes WoW dungeon fun, their trash mobs can be lethal if you don't know how to defeat it. Trash mob synergy with each other in relation to their challenge rating is important. Also knowing that trash mob can drop a random epic would give players incentive to hunt them down instead of resorting to all sorts of "cheap tricks" to avoid the mobs.

5. Boss fight mechanics should be a challenge and improved. Now it's just avoid red circle, spawn as many adds as you can fit the screen. It's boring. Like they say.. fight smart, not fight harder.
  • leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dear warpet find a guild so you dont have to pug and you can do all the content in game without super gear. period.
    u13fd8a.png
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tokens is such a boring way of doing it, being able to calculate how many and how long it would take to get XX. it makes it feel like a job rather than an adventure/treasure.

im glad they didnt put a token for tier items in the game. hunting specific places for certain things has its own charm to it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".