test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power does nothing for heals . .

skoadxskoadx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I decided to do some testing on the preview realm hoping that this would get 'adjusted' when I read the patch note about healing spells being a heal-over-time instead of a regen affect.

This does not make any sense at all to me. . . .my Healing Word, Astral Shield, Sunburst do the exact same amount of healing either with my gear on or with it off. Un-equipping 9 slots of gear does not affect those heals at all?!? What is the point of power, just remove the stat and call it "+damage" so everyone else can ignore it as well.
Post edited by skoadx on

Comments

• Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How much power did you lose by unequipping ?
  • Options
    skoadxskoadx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well it forces you to have a weapon in hand when casting, so that was the only thing equipped.
    So I went from 4110 down to 1665. I averaged out about 25 casts each with and without armor and ioun stone. With gear on I gained 13 more healing per tick (average) - 7 ticks = 91 more health in that gear difference.

The range on the heals very greatly too, sometimes with gear on I would get 440 per tick, the next cast 410. But I still think the power stat is extremely lame giving it's huge chunk of each item's itemization.

I guess when you mouse over power in your charcter sheet and it says "164.9 to damage and healing" that is completely literal in the amount of healing you get from 4110 power. So I get the base healing from the spell + a max of 164.9 healing on the roll done when cast? Wow, pretty underwhelming considering 20-25k health pools. Guess its crit stacking all the way
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    for me on healing word, the power difference of 5151 vs 2701 power = 9% healing give or take 0.3%
    Fairly large amount of power for 9% healing admittedly but, what else are you going to put the stat points into, your likely going to get less return from recovery and critical once you've got the respective stats way past their softcaps by using tier 2 gear.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skoadx wrote: »
    Well it forces you to have a weapon in hand when casting, so that was the only thing equipped.
    So I went from 4110 down to 1665. I averaged out about 25 casts each with and without armor and ioun stone. With gear on I gained 13 more healing per tick (average) - 7 ticks = 91 more health in that gear difference.

The range on the heals very greatly too, sometimes with gear on I would get 440 per tick, the next cast 410. But I still think the power stat is extremely lame giving it's huge chunk of each item's itemization.

I guess when you mouse over power in your charcter sheet and it says "164.9 to damage and healing" that is completely literal in the amount of healing you get from 4110 power. So I get the base healing from the spell + a max of 164.9 healing on the roll done when cast? Wow, pretty underwhelming considering 20-25k health pools. Guess its crit stacking all the way

No, that's +164.9 extra weapon damage.

And each spell has it's own coefficient for weapon dmg.
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    No, that's +164.9 extra weapon damage.

And each spell has it's own coefficient for weapon dmg.

The damage or heal increase you gain from weapons damage is actually not the same as what you gain from power. At least in current live server the powers "weapon damage" isn't added to damage you gain from weapons. Even tho it is worded as "Weapon damage", it doesn't add up same way as weapons damage. I went for great way testing rogue out with weapon damage vs powers damage increase, and by no way they scale similarly, even tho it is called weapon damage. For example on TRs bleed was pretty much unaffected by power (even tho I had 120 weapon damage from power), yet swapping weapons for lower damage ones, the damage on bleed scaled a lot.

I don't anymore know after the patch goes live, if armor where I've put 4k points will be as valuable as it is now. And if someone is going to mention diminishing returns on armor, you have to think that every 1% you migitate affects more the more armor you have (except when you can cap it to 80%). For example if you migitate 50% damage, you add 1% more migitation you take about 2% less damage. On the otherhand if you would have migitated 98% damage, adding 1% more migitation would mean 50% less damage. I haven't done any real calculations with this way as in how well it scales in damage migitation, but I still feel it does it pretty well. Something to worth pointing out is, that 4k defense + feated foresight + AS atm gives me roughly 77% migitation. In other words I can almost max out damage migitation without even stacking them. But since I haven't tested the test server, this might not be really that important if I will not pull aggro anymore.

My stats currently with ioun stone:
    3246 power.
    2579 crit
    2694 rec
    3964 def
    584 deflect
    154 lifesteal.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kurahavi wrote: »
    The damage or heal increase you gain from weapons damage is actually not the same as what you gain from power. At least in current live server the powers "weapon damage" isn't added to damage you gain from weapons. Even tho it is worded as "Weapon damage", it doesn't add up same way as weapons damage. I went for great way testing rogue out with weapon damage vs powers damage increase, and by no way they scale similarly, even tho it is called weapon damage. For example on TRs bleed was pretty much unaffected by power (even tho I had 120 weapon damage from power), yet swapping weapons for lower damage ones, the damage on bleed scaled a lot.

I don't anymore know after the patch goes live, if armor where I've put 4k points will be as valuable as it is now. And if someone is going to mention diminishing returns on armor, you have to think that every 1% you migitate affects more the more armor you have (except when you can cap it to 80%). For example if you migitate 50% damage, you add 1% more migitation you take about 2% less damage. On the otherhand if you would have migitated 98% damage, adding 1% more migitation would mean 50% less damage. I haven't done any real calculations with this way as in how well it scales in damage migitation, but I still feel it does it pretty well. Something to worth pointing out is, that 4k defense + feated foresight + AS atm gives me roughly 77% migitation. In other words I can almost max out damage migitation without even stacking them. But since I haven't tested the test server, this might not be really that important if I will not pull aggro anymore.

My stats currently with ioun stone:
    3246 power.
    2579 crit
    2694 rec
    3964 def
    584 deflect
    154 lifesteal.

It does... it's the exact same thing.

The bleed would require a lot more testing because you will get a different range of dmg every time naturally from the range no your weapon lol..
  • Options
    theairockstartheairockstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just did some testing myself and it was very unsatisfying. You're wrong, it does something.

My Results:

Stats (with t/2 gear & rank 5-6 enchants)

GS: 10,367
    Power: 4,162
    Critical Strike: 2,475
    Armor Penetration: 113
    Recovery: 2,476
    Defense: 1,298
    Deflect: 0
    Regeneration: 0
    Life Steal: 0
    Movement: 150

Attack/Healing: 8,957

My Findings:

I tested this with a rogue in a foundry mission with level 60 mobs , With astral sheild I healed roughly 250-300 per tick. With healing world I direct healed between 1000-2300 direct, 300-700 per tick.

With Nothing on but the carppiest symbol/icon I could find:

28 power, 18 recovery

My Findings

Subtract everything by about 200 and remove the chance for critical heals. Astral Sheild ticked at about 56-57, healing word healed for around 800 direct, 75-100 per tick.

My Conclusion:

Our progression through the game sucks. With level one <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there is only about a 200 pt difference in our healing. Could you imagine being a rogue and only gaining 200 damage through the whole game?

CRYPTIC YOU HAVE >GOT< TO DO SOMETHING! You cannot ignore the fact that the only healing class in this game is a piece of trash and you're trying to nerf it further. I can understand that stacked astral shields was never supposed to work that way. But if healers could do anything effective without it they wouldn't need to do something like that. I suggest you figure something out before your entire game falls apart because there are absolutely no healers at endgame.
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    What I meant is, that if you use lvl 60 purple weapons with rogue the bleed seems to be regardless what stats you get. Also you should have tested healing wearing only lvl 60 weapon and not wearing anything at all, and the difference between 1k power and 4k power might not really be that much. It should give roughly 10% more healing for 3k power if the power is counted as damage directly.