test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stats and gear for cleric

jiralyajiralya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
HEllo everyone, i recently hit lvl 60 on my cleric but i face a little problem with my stats, i am unsure as to what should i look for, i have currently crit/recovery gear, as power scales horribly, but i am not sure if i shouldnt run it more tanky instead as i am still dying quite a lot, i currently have 1200 defense and 0 deflect ( 21% resistance )
Post edited by jiralya on

Comments

• Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most guides on this forum -- you can check Delstik's, Mewbrey's and unspecifiederror's guides for some very in-depth views which, though dissimilar, all work well depending on your playstyle -- offer insight on gear selection.

In general though, aiming for around 3300 Crit and Recovery, 2000-2200 Defense and putting the rest in Power and HP or whatever else you choose, should work well for you.

D.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    May be worth holding off with the cost of a respec just yet as the class imbalance patch is on it's way. Hopefully the patch will be adjusted before hits the full game servers, but it may result in changes to powers and feats. Trying to second guess what the devs are going to do with this patch is pretty futile.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    I think going for around 2.5k recovery is more than enough. I don't know how much people have really looked the CDs, but 4k recovery gives like around 14.8s CD for AS where as 2.5k you have like 15.3s CD on astral shield + rising hope puts recovery close to 3k.

With the main stats I think crit is the most important, although I don't myself have more than 2.5k crit, and I have pumped armor to 4k. In my opinion this works for me pretty well, and I can solo heal easily any T2 instance with pretty much any kind of party. With regards the changes to aggro I am not anymore that sure if boosting armor will be as good as it was for me. I honestly noticed a huge difference even between 2k armor and 3k armor, the damage taken was dramatically dropped after going beyond 3k armor. This is only good if you're now doing solo healing, but if you have 2 clerics, there is no point going high armor since you can get almost max resist with only 1 AS when you have 4k armor.

But everyone has their own ways of playing, I myself do not really want to duocleric, but I haven't got to try soloheal CN yet.
  • Options
    jiralyajiralya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kurahavi wrote: »
    I think going for around 2.5k recovery is more than enough. I don't know how much people have really looked the CDs, but 4k recovery gives like around 14.8s CD for AS where as 2.5k you have like 15.3s CD on astral shield + rising hope puts recovery close to 3k.

With the main stats I think crit is the most important, although I don't myself have more than 2.5k crit, and I have pumped armor to 4k. In my opinion this works for me pretty well, and I can solo heal easily any T2 instance with pretty much any kind of party. With regards the changes to aggro I am not anymore that sure if boosting armor will be as good as it was for me. I honestly noticed a huge difference even between 2k armor and 3k armor, the damage taken was dramatically dropped after going beyond 3k armor. This is only good if you're now doing solo healing, but if you have 2 clerics, there is no point going high armor since you can get almost max resist with only 1 AS when you have 4k armor.

But everyone has their own ways of playing, I myself do not really want to duocleric, but I haven't got to try soloheal CN yet.

Wow, how on earth did you got 4k armor? While still maintaining 2,5k crit nad recovery
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    jiralya wrote: »
    Wow, how on earth did you got 4k armor? While still maintaining 2,5k crit nad recovery

Pretty much by sacrificing power.
    Miracle healer set
    offhand: icon of the holy defender (rare) 288def + offense slot
    neck: valiant amulet of prot (rare) 133 power, 243 def
    rings: grand priest of burning light + defense slot, this one kind of semi waste of slot since deflect isn't really that good stat, just havent figured any better rings.
    belt: belt of renewal (rare) 288 def + defense slot.

and on ioun stone same ring, even worse on ioun than character, same neck and same offhand.

rank 5-6 enchantments, except 7 on armor and 7s on ioun.

Stats:
    Power 3301
    Crit: 2685
    Recovery: 2785
    Defense: 4000 (35.4% migitation)
    Deflect: 434
    Hp: 22086