test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I don't like rubber banding.

tyestortyestor Member Posts: 57 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I play a guardian fighter, constantly rubber banding while charging. This is one of the very few things stopping me from fully enjoying the game. Please fix this.

EDIT: And am I also the only one who can't enable V-Sync? I had enable it in the CCC to get it to work.
Tyestor - Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer
Post edited by tyestor on

Comments

• sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    No idea about the vsync, but I am likewise mired in near constant rubberbanding. I have heard from some guildies that they don't have this issue at all, so it seems the issue isn't universal.
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Played with a guildie guardian at all times and he never rubberbanded ever while charging. Hope you find a solution.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rubber-banding is generally caused by internet latency. The farther away you are from the US west coast, the worse it will be; also the more remote your location from a big city the worse. Also, any sort of wireless internet can make this worse. Also, sometimes the internet routers crash causing your traffic to be re-routed some long slow path.
    Most of this stuff you probably don't have much control over sadly, although using a wire instead of WiFi can help a bit. Upgrading your internet service would help too, though it can be costly.
    Hopefully when the game launches for real, servers will be placed strategically in different geographical locations to reduce the problem.
  • chuckfchuckf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I noticed this a bit too, but it was mainly with enemies that moved. I saw rubberbanding when I would start a charge and an enemy would move behind a rock or something that would put them out of LOS.
  • therain93therain93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I suspect currently there's also some overhead in the packet transmission to capture debugging information.

The game ran relatively smooth for me until about 11pm Eastern last night, which was was when rubberbanding started to kick in.
  • sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    Rubber-banding is generally caused by internet latency. The farther away you are from the US west coast, the worse it will be; also the more remote your location from a big city the worse. Also, any sort of wireless internet can make this worse. Also, sometimes the internet routers crash causing your traffic to be re-routed some long slow path.
    Most of this stuff you probably don't have much control over sadly, although using a wire instead of WiFi can help a bit. Upgrading your internet service would help too, though it can be costly.
    Hopefully when the game launches for real, servers will be placed strategically in different geographical locations to reduce the problem.
    Based on this, I should be the last player hit with latency, since I have high speed cable in a large west coast city. I do use wireless, so I guess I could try a wired option, though it would be only to see if it fixes things, since it would be nonpractical for me to use hardwiring every time I wanted to play.
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard

edited March 2013
    I could try a latency test, what would generally be considered a good enough latency value to not have common latency-related rubberbanding?
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard

• maggotholemaggothole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem I'm seeing is since last week the game has been incredibly choppy. There are times when it will just freeze frame for 30 seconds. Up until last week I never had a problem with this. It's making the game hard to enjoy.
  • yerdissyerdiss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem seems to have worsened recently, at least for me. Enough so to try some common solutions and I quickly found out that setting up a gaming profile for Neverwinter in my Antivirus software, yields visible results. So if you have a virus scanner that allows for such type of tweaking, it's worth a try.
  • healariuzhealariuz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A few more tips is to open ur ports to neverwinter in the firewell. Then have a look at what programs are in conflict with the game. Also send them a ticket. Turn off your antivirus when playing. Update all drivers etc. Try to change around in the options meny in the launcher etc.

Even if you do all this. You might end up like me, with 0 result, and you might open a ticket, send all ur information (specs and ping tests). I have not got any response in weeks tho. Im starting to think, maby..just maby this is a server/code/cryptic problem.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Comcast? I had the issue until I reset my router..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]