test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen exchange disabled... is there another exploit running that they're stopping?

frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well the title says it all, if is it, i will admit that this time they are acting really quickly.
Post edited by frarii on

Comments

• Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure... Gateway is down, and I can't seem to log into the game either.
  • Options
    aherioaherio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Well the title says it all, if is it, i will admit that this time they are acting really quickly.

rly quickly? i think this is going on for at least some days :/
  • Options
    nanaweetnanaweet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seems like theres one exploit after another going on :(
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aherio wrote: »
    rly quickly? i think this is going on for at least some days

And "this" is what exactly?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

don't ask for exploits to be explained in the forums or posts get deleted
  • Options
    gaunjaagaunjaa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't get into the game either. I'm getting: "connecting to the account server." I tried to purchase a retraining token like 10 minutes ago and logged out, because my Zen didn't decrease and I didn't see my stats wiped...
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here we go again.

I log in to try and play and the game is down, and apparently there are posts about the ZEN exchange been taken down earlier. I guess this probably means that there was another major AD exploit running for ages that just went 'public'.

:(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    the one thing that sucks is we have to check twitter to get an update about whats happening, nobody ever posts on the official forums to tell us whats happening :(
  • Options
    aherioaherio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ye, i have no clue what "this" is, something just smelled fishy last days
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    AD - Zen conversion prices have been going down quite quickly over the week, something is devaluing the price of Zen
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    aherio wrote: »
    ye, i have no clue what "this" is, something just smelled fishy last days

What seemed fishy? As far as I could tell the AD:ZEN ration has been falling consistently - it was down to 270 yesterday and I was really tempted to get a couple of character slots.

Oh oh, I just realised I got 12 levels on my DC yesterday. This could be bad if it is another Caturday:(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    login server is back up
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nanaweet wrote: »
    AD - Zen conversion prices have been going down quite quickly over the week, something is devaluing the price of Zen

Well yes, but it would be much harder to get hold of ZEN by an exploit then AD. But getting hold of AD means that that that AD:ZEN ratio would RISE.......
  • Options
    swissmercswissmerc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As is Zen Market.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Logged onto the game just fine, updated my professions from the Gateway just fine, and just purchased some Zen from the AD Exchange. All this with me not changing a single setting or anything and having 0 problems.

I think the error is a PEBKAC
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Whatever it is it has to do with some1 buying zen and mailing items zen items because Send on mail is disabled too.

NVM that, zen is back up, but on mindflayer there was a request for 50k zen/270 until exchange was down, and now its gone. Mail is fine too.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I saw the AD / Zen exchange rate rapidly changing .. on saturday was 310 then drop as low as 300 then Sunday it dropped as low as 294 AD per Zen. This means that AD was appreciating unnaturally fast or Zen was dropping unnaturally fast.

One of the favorite tricks by those gold sellers is to use fraudulent paypal accounts to purchase vast amount of zen (usually up to $500 limit) with stolen paypal accounts. Use it to buy zen and then launder those using the AD/Zen exchange. The owner of the paypal account would initiate a charge back causing undue headaches to PWI and maybe they are trying to fix the damage now.

Those gold seller companies are usually operated out from China with dummy corporations incorporated in the US and with US addresses. The office address is usually rented out from some apartment buildings with 1-2 person acting as "contact". The sad thing is.. this is all legal in the US and they will just disappear/declare bankruptcy if they got busted or sued and setup another new operation within days.
  • Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe it's dropping because there's hardly any ad going into the game compared to whats leaving it? (ah cuts, wondrous bazaar, etc.)
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    Account server problems. Not an exploit.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I hadn't noticed anything odd about the exchange rate in the last week. Slow, slightly bumpy (going back up 5-10, down 7-12, etc) decline, as I was expecting to happen over the first couple months. No real major shifts.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nanaweet wrote: »

Of course, the market is flooded with items, and you level so fast that there is not much need to buy gear on the AH til you are 60. And with not much to do at 60 cept farm items, there are a ton of those..so people keep dropping the AD prices. Heck, I just bought something for 60K AD, that was 180 K AD when I first started playing a couple weeks ago. Only a couple things not dropping much in price that I have been looking to buy.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hexanna22 wrote: »
    Of course, the market is flooded with items, and you level so fast that there is not much need to buy gear on the AH til you are 60. And with not much to do at 60 cept farm items, there are a ton of those..so people keep dropping the AD prices. Heck, I just bought something for 60K AD, that was 180 K AD when I first started playing a couple weeks ago. Only a couple things not dropping much in price that I have been looking to buy.

Items don't affect the conversion to zen rate. Not directly anyway. The bonus AD introduced with the founder packs is getting eaten up by the AH fees (and other sinks), by design. Players aren't creating as much AD compared to what was being used up. So the AD becomes more valuable. Therefore it takes less of it to buy zen or ingame items.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Items don't affect the conversion to zen rate. Not directly anyway. The bonus AD introduced with the founder packs is getting eaten up by the AH fees (and other sinks), by design. Players aren't creating as much AD compared to what was being used up. So the AD becomes more valuable. Therefore it takes less of it to buy zen or ingame items.

Additionally the lowest that Zen to AD can go is 1:50 by coded design. So the developer's fully expected it to drop.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Additionally the lowest that Zen to AD can go is 1:50 by coded design. So the developer's fully expected it to drop.

It was even discussed start of OB it would drop quite a bit after a month. Down to 270ish, drops slowly.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »

Sure they do, I don't really need to buy zen any more for store items, since I have so many astrals with not much to spend them on, the one store Item I do want, I can just buy with astrals on the AH most of the time. The market for Zen is not as hot, there is a larger supply than demand. If I do trade AD for it, it has been around 265-277.

More players coming to the game = more AD as they level leadership, invoke and do dailies. I don't need to buy zen just to trade for astrals for AH items. As well as I have gold for many non zen store items, and zen store items that people trade for gold...I imagine that as people level there are more and more like me.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Logged onto the game just fine, updated my professions from the Gateway just fine, and just purchased some Zen from the AD Exchange. All this with me not changing a single setting or anything and having 0 problems.

I think the error is a PEBKAC

Or the service was just restored Mr. Condescension.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hexanna22 wrote: »
    Sure they do, I don't really need to buy zen any more for store items, since I have so many astrals with not much to spend them on, the one store Item I do want, I can just buy with astrals on the AH most of the time. The market for Zen is not as hot, there is a larger supply than demand. If I do trade AD for it, it has been around 265-277.

More players coming to the game = more AD as they level leadership, invoke and do dailies. I don't need to buy zen just to trade for astrals for AH items. As well as I have gold for many non zen store items, and zen store items that people trade for gold...I imagine that as people level there are more and more like me.

The items I was referring to (and the ones mentioned in the post of yours I first quoted) were the ones farmed in dungeons. Yet now you are talking about zen store items. Of course Zen store items affect it. But regular items found in-game do not affect the conversion rate directly.

And as for more players making more AD. No amount of players will ever be able to match the amount of AD generated that the founders packs dumped into the economy. Once that bulk is gone, the AD to Zen rate will balance out. At a low rate of exchange.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR