test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IDEA: Glory currency use...

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Currently Glory is only good for those who are fresh 60s, its a good way to get a start on gear to put you in range of doing T1s. That is fine, however, most of the glory gear SUCKS AND is too easy to get.

What you should do is release T2 glory gear that costs 10x more per piece but has buffed stats from the crappy T1 version (maybe on par with some other dungeon sets?). Its still not hard to farm that much glory, it gives players a reason to PVP and creates more incentive to get glory. Also offer an armored pvp only mount that has +65% run speed but is hard to get knocked off (purpose of pvp)

This will add much much more people who will do PVP.

The stats should focus more on PVP stats (hp/crit) however, like in most games, there will be a big difference to people who dont go for the PVE bis gear... This will just give those who like to PVP a reason to do it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Currently Glory is only good for those who are fresh 60s, its a good way to get a start on gear to put you in range of doing T1s. That is fine, however, most of the glory gear SUCKS AND is too easy to get.

What you should do is release T2 glory gear that costs 10x more per piece but has buffed stats from the crappy T1 version (maybe on par with some other dungeon sets?). Its still not hard to farm that much glory, it gives players a reason to PVP and creates more incentive to get glory. Also offer an armored pvp only mount that has +65% run speed but is hard to get knocked off (purpose of pvp)

This will add much much more people who will do PVP.

The stats should focus more on PVP stats (hp/crit) however, like in most games, there will be a big difference to people who dont go for the PVE bis gear... This will just give those who like to PVP a reason to do it...

If this was done a new post would immediately follow it saying that glory should be used to purchase T3 gear and so forth... Until they make PvP gear best in slot for PvP and PvE gear best in slot for PvE this idea is ill advised...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    If this was done a new post would immediately follow it saying that glory should be used to purchase T3 gear and so forth... Until they make PvP gear best in slot for PvP and PvE gear best in slot for PvE this idea is ill advised...

I dont think so, currently PVP gear SUCKS compared to PVE gear. There is literally NO reason to farm glory. WoW did a decent job of this in vanilla by offering blue gear that had decent pvp stats. The current PVE gear will still be BiS, as mentioned above... Plus why would they release T3 PVP gear if they havnt released T3 PVE gear?

Currently we have T1 PVP gear and no T2, but we have T2 PVE gear... ?
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they do, I hope they make it bind on aquire.
    edited June 2013
    itdude123 wrote: »
    If they do, I hope they make it bind on aquire.

This would be smart. Stops the incentive for AFK farming, although I am hoping with the changes they are making to rewarding PVP play versus just showing up, this will change.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »

And this won't happen because pvp and pve is not separated and will be tied together even more, which is good.Warhammer AoR RvR was a blast for me.
    edited June 2013
    Ya I dont see how adding 1 better tier version of PVP gear will be bad. If you can farm dungeons during delves for gear, you should be able to farm glory for gear too..

You want people PVPing, its good for the economy. Players want to have more shiny loot versus their friends, which causes people to buy more things...

Just because they add T2 PVP gear that is > T1 PVP gear it doesnt follow they need T3 gear when they have not released T3 PVE gear.

And the gear is what you make it be... You dont HAVE to have PVP gear be only meaningful for PVP if the Devs barrier the two (bad idea) then itll be like WoW and resilience... If they keep it as is, its just another avenue to get good gear...
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Ya I dont see how adding 1 better tier version of PVP gear will be bad. If you can farm dungeons during delves for gear, you should be able to farm glory for gear too..

You want people PVPing, its good for the economy. Players want to have more shiny loot versus their friends, which causes people to buy more things...

Just because they add T2 PVP gear that is > T1 PVP gear it doesnt follow they need T3 gear when they have not released T3 PVE gear.

And the gear is what you make it be... You dont HAVE to have PVP gear be only meaningful for PVP if the Devs barrier the two (bad idea) then itll be like WoW and resilience... If they keep it as is, its just another avenue to get good gear...

One reason it won't happen:
    Effort vs rewards.

PvP glory farm is just time farm, no skill needed, no knowledge of your class, no coordination, no tactics, nothing but a time.
    If you don't need to put any effort to get gear, then you shouldn't be able to get best or even on pair with pve gear at all.

New patch might change it with new pvp zone BUT it provides pve and seals for gear as well, so there you have your T2 pvp gear.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    at least make the glory cap higher, 25k is way too low and gets filled in no time. We surely need something worthy to buy with glory, something that has a preferably really high cost, BoE or BoP depending on the item (companions BoE, gear BoP etc) even dyes or some other cosmetics would do. I pvp solely for the chance of getting a bis belt to sell and I would really like to see some other reason to do it too.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    something like 100k Glory Mount

or Dyes for Glory - BLOOD DYE

or t2 pvp set 20k glory each part

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]