test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do they do it?

zultan9zultan9 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The question regards those exotic mounts and pets I see in the enclave.
How did they amass the large amounts of AD? Invoking would seem logical,
however given my experience it would take a lifetime that way. What's the secret
to acquiring all that great gear?
Post edited by zultan9 on

Comments

• Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zultan9 wrote: »
    however given my experience it would take a lifetime that way. What's the secret

Guardian and Hero of the North packs gave loads of AD.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nice bait thread. I wonder how many responses you'll get.....
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    calamintha wrote: »

Guardian only gave 600K. That is not enough for some of the stuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So you think I am prying Gov. secrets eh. Lol
    I am a staunch believer in not paying for a Free to play game.
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    he is not that far off - normally one should say: "run dungeons and sell the loot (especially during dd)". this worked for many of us (who pushed since the game was "released") but now since so many bad things happened to the economy it's really hard to sell stuff for a fair amount of ad and trade ad to zen to get mounts from zen store... at least gemmed shirt/pants are relativly stable.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I didn't expect ans. so quick. thanks everyone
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even without selling stuff on the AH or buying Founders, you can save up a good bit.

I've been mostly just leveling alts, doing Leadership on them, and invoking. Done some dailies, but not many. I've gotten enough AD to convert into 5000+ zen. (actually, I did get a bit on the AH - some I got for reselling blue Assets I got out of the first Profession packs I bought. And I've sold some of the celestial coin chests I've gotten.)

....let's see, adding all the stuff together... ah, yes. Doing my first invoke of the day and clearing out the Leadership projects I've done overnight, I got 17k diamonds this morning spread across several characters. Not a great deal, but it does add up over time.
  • Options
    ghostninjahghostninjah Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    exploits and cheating
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So you think I am prying Gov. secrets eh. Lol

Auction house and dungeon drops.
    I've got about 5k Zen(spent most of it) and I haven't put a single euro in the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I didn't coin that phrase, Cryptic did with their Neverwinter MMo Internet postings. Its best you keep your snide remarks to yourself
    it makes you sound ...<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I am not that stupid as to think that running a game is free.Thats where sponsors come in, they put up the cash.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Making about a million diamonds a day selling gemmed shirts / pants so I'm just milking that for as long as possible until the gravy train pulls into the station.

Got a crazy amount of diamonds saved up but tbh I wish there was more to do than just crafting for profit.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know for me between Guardian pack, Zen purchases (nearly 100$ worth), Zen/AD convertion, DD and skirmish runs at peak times, AH sales, and the fact I was given a mount with my pack, I have been able to save up for a cat and am well on my way (about half way) to my next cat purchase for another character.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Guardian only gave 600K. That is not enough for some of the stuff.

When you buy both Founder Packs you start out with 2.6 mil AD.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited June 2013
    Exploits all over this game that larger guilds farm over and over all the time. Don't worry no one actually cares about fixing it.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pay 2 Win!

Last saturday someone was selling the Nightmare Inferno Mount for 600k. I had 1400 zen left and the conversion rate was 1 zen = 375 AD! I took a chance, I converted my 1400 zen to AD, got about 525000 AD, and I had some left over AD and had enough to afford the 600k mount, and I got it! Yay me!

I think I did a good thing because as of Sunday, the conversion rate dropped to 1 zen = 300 AD !!!!!!!!!!!!! I think even this morning it's down to 290 AD! wow! Not to mention I never saw the Nightmare Inferno Mount ever go under 700k.

But my point is, this game is Free2Play with the option of Pay2Win! Get a job, make money, enjoy awesome stuff in NW! Being an adult gamer kicks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    calamintha wrote: »

Two million is hardly loads.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Great gear? Tier 1 dungeons is doable by anyone. They're very easy. It doesn't require much pvp to get a full set of pvp gear. Pets? Selling pvp pieces on the auction house, tier 1, and tier 2 can provide enough astral diamonds to transfer into zen for keys. You can also buy keys directly. Pieces of tier 2 alone go for 500,000-2,000,000 AD depending on the piece. As not everyone have gotten around to farming it yet. Tier 1 and pvp gear is extremely easy to get.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Many of the people you see with "exotic" mounts and companions paid money so that you can continue playing, with your staunch belief. :)

I did make quite a bit in the AH, but I had also bought 15M AD when the exchange rate was 500:1 during headstart. Their Zen value has since then nearly doubled.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    mortmagemortmage Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pay $$ for Zen. Sell Zen for AD.
  • Options
    cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    It's not very hard to make zen at all in this game, and the rates are quite redicilous
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |