test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[UGC] Melee Magthere - Daily Underdark

ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi guys, I hope you like this one! I finished the quest I was making that I showed a teaser of, which is the Melee Magthere. If you've ever read the Drizzt graphic novel Homeland it was inspired by that! I had a lot of fun making it and its currently running 16 minutes (I'll probably have to tweak to keep it there lol) I would really appreciate feedback. But before you do please keep these things in mind:

1. The quest was made to be a daily but with the detailing in the environments done nicely like a full blown quest
2. Zero map transitions to keep the daily fun and exciting and no time wasted in loading screens (it was an empty c cave room, everything in it is fully custom)
3. No stacked encounters to make it a true daily and allow you to feel your potential yet it scales to a nice boss fight
4. A really nice boss room with a lot of time put in to make it that WOW nice boss room!
5. Tried to make it right at that 16 min mark

With that in mind I would love for you to try it! And thanks in advance!

[UGC] Melee Magthere - Daily Underdark

Quest: Melee Magthere - Daily Underdark
Author: Ellindar
In-game handle: @ellindar1
Quest type: Built to be a daily. Heavy Combat, Light Story, Detailed Environments.
Recommended party size: Solo
Duration: Average play time is 16 minutes
Quest Code: NW-DNO92MW2J

Some screenies!

screenshot_2013_05_31_13_43_54.jpg

screenshot_2013_06_02_13_46_40.jpg

screenshot_2013_06_04_20_25_53.jpg

screenshot_2013_06_06_13_52_50.jpg
Halls_Sig.jpg
Post edited by ellindar1 on

Comments

• Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was a lot of fun! Really well-detailed maps, good events and flow...

Despite CRIPPLING combat log lag, I enjoyed the final battle. ;)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I absolutely love this quest. It is a perfect daily. If you haven't played it yet, you totally should!
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks guys I really appreciate it :)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    Very dark rooms and inadequate quest markers make this difficult to get through unless you're in a dark room. I get the feeling that fans of published Forgotten Realms fiction might enjoy this more than the average gamer. Fundamentally a "go here and kill 15 of this kind of monster" quest, with no real options or story (beyond, like I said, implied continuation of unreferenced fictional works.)

Wouldn't play again.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Very dark rooms and inadequate quest markers make this difficult to get through unless you're in a dark room. I get the feeling that fans of published Forgotten Realms fiction might enjoy this more than the average gamer. Fundamentally a "go here and kill 15 of this kind of monster" quest, with no real options or story (beyond, like I said, implied continuation of unreferenced fictional works.)

Wouldn't play again.

A good thing 1000 people disagree! lol (definitely more than go kill 15 of this or that, that in itself was a ridiculous statement since anyone who's played it knows better) Appreciate you bumping my spotlight thread though :)
    Halls_Sig.jpg