test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House -> Miscellaneous -> Treasure (What is the point?)

lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What is the point of having the search Auction House -> Miscellaneous -> Treasure? All that is displayed are a bunch of grey junk... Does any of these items have ANY value beyond the money gained from vendoring them to NPCs? Does Cryptic really need to waste auction house server resources to display junk items? Am I missing something?
12.jpgRanger.jpg
Post edited by lltsnwn on

Comments

• deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    i buy them

/thread
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    deurkier1 wrote: »
    i buy them

/thread

And do what with them?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I gues you could sell the junk items on the AH for like 1AD and then the buyer could then convert it to gold if they were that hard up for some gold....then again, anything almost an NPC has you can buy on the AH lol

Darklodus
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe someone is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with botters. :D Apparently you could do that in WoW, where you list gray items that no one is selling for a high price, then watch the bots start undercutting your items with their own listings of gray items, and then you start undercutting them with even cheaper gray items so the bot buys your auctions and relists them back for higher.

In a sense, you're exploiting a botter's dumb@$$ AI by making them buy useless stuff! LMAO! It's probably the only legal "exploit" you can do in a MMO that the devs will actually love you for! I dunno if it still works, cause you'd have to be a really dumb bot programmer to not fix this kinda bug. LOL! Bot programmers are so stupid.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I buy them all the time.

They are a way to convert AD to gold. Buy treasure for AD, sell to vendor for gold. And vice-versa. Kill monsters, collect loot, trade for AD. Neverwinter supports multiple playstyles by making it possible to convert between the 3 main currencies: gold, AD, and ZEN.

There are many ways to turn time into cash shop currency in NW.