test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fusing has GOT to be bugged in this game.

psion6psion6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Just went through 5 wards in less than 5 minutes on Rank 2 and 3 Radiants to the point where I refuse to try and fuse anything until this is looked at properly. Im getting roughly a 40-45% fail rate on something that is 90% chance of success (90% my butt!) and 50-55% chance fail rate on Rank 3's which are 85% chance chance of success.

I would chalk it up to a good run of bad luck if this hasn't consistently been the case for weeks now every time Im trying to fuse something. The reason I bought the wards in the first place is I'm tired of losing material in the Rank 2-3 fusing process at a ridiculous pace.

I'm NEVER hitting the 85%-90% fuse rate chance, and that has to be a problem. I mean every 1 out of 2 fusion attempts today at 85% were losing me a ward. Utterly ridiculous.
Post edited by psion6 on

Comments

• psion6psion6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump. Happening again today. About a 50% fail rate on Rank 3 Fusings. Ive found this to be a pointless exercise from all the wards Im burning through right now at an insane rate. There is no way these percentages are right when Ive done this on multiple characters for multiple weeks now burning through wards. Im going to continue bumping this until we get a legit answer here.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Wait, did I read this right? You use wards on rank 2s and 3s?
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wards cost ~4k... don't even use them 'til you're trying to combine rank 5's, as most rank 4's can be found on the auction house for just under 4k. As for the RNG: On SWTOR, I even kept a log of some 500+ crafting attempts and my less-than 1/3 of the supposed success rate. All I ever got from anywhere is: well that sucks, you have bad luck...

SO. With that said:

Well that sucks, you have bad luck.

That's all there is to it. I'm getting 85%+ success rates with my 40-60% chances on rank 4-5, so I'm getting all your luck. Sorry about that, but the RNG is exactly that - random. Don't buy into the gambler's fallacy of "well it has to succeed sometime", because actually it doesn't, at all, not one bit, need to be a high success rate for any one person.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Today fusing 4 Radiants into an r6, a fresh stack of 10 wards. 9 Failures in a row.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • tojolobal2tojolobal2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    Today fusing 4 Radiants into an r6, a fresh stack of 10 wards. 9 Failures in a row.

I purchased 77 Azure Rank 5's and had 17 Pres wards. Ran out of wards and purchased another 10.

With all 27 Wards I was only able to fuse 32 Azure rank 5's (which supposedly have a 40% fuse rate)

That would be something like 84% failure .. I realize this is all left to chance of high's and low's successes. but I've noticed I'm burning allot more wards then when I started. I fuse allot and this appears to not be unusual for me..

I find it very convenient this might be bugged and if that is true. I'd be very pissed.

Can more people chime in on this please and confirm / deny their success rates?
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah i noticed some changes ... but i guess its just totally random now... yesterday i fused to a rank 6 at 1st atempt.

couple days after i wasted like a ton enchantments rank 5 to get a rank 6.

i only use ward from rank 5 to rank 6. i guess the use of a ward could lower the rates tho.. my opinion
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Wait, did I read this right? You use wards on rank 2s and 3s?

yeah lol its like incinerating money... but yeah this gives my idea some fundament. the use of ward lower the success rates for sure
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW