test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In regards to the Exploits.

vorninvornin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The endgame has suffered immensely at the hands of exploits, of which almost every boss has in some form, to the point of the endgame progression being nearly dead. You can't get in a run without Campfire Hopping, Climbing outside of the map, and using anything from "Evade" style bugs to some of your bosses actually $%^#ing killing themselves. I don't know who is to blame. The developers for making the last fights so unreasonable that the community is spurred to find this sort of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? The developers again for not in-house playtesting it to a point of some sort of standard? Or perhaps the players for knowingly utilizing it to, apparently, spend the least amount of time actually playing the game as possible. Though even then would it not be the fault of the developer once more for implementing a "Dungeon Delve" system that encourages this sort of behavior?

The current endgame content has been exploited to such a high degree that the Auction House is replete with Best In Slot gear that are reaching lower and lower prices every day. I don't expect that this game will have much of a population in about a month. Not trying to slight the game but outside of the PVP'ers, there is no rhyme or reason to stick around. Most people who PVE are already in Best in Slot, or could now quite easily buy it. After the new content smell of Gauntlgrym wears off; which should be very quickly considering that it has the exact same gear (expect those prices to be further dropped) I don't expect many people to be doing much of anything.

Anywho, thought I'd come here to express some frustration after having just left a run where the 4 party members discussed their enthusiasm of how they were going to make the last boss kill itself by running off of a ledge. Bosses that kill themselves.. Casuals finally win the day. Jk ;p
Post edited by vornin on

Comments

• Options
    infernal667infernal667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. I hope these exploits get fixed soon. I am not playing to exploit my way to the best gear. Whats the point in that anyway? Its the challenge that makes the game fun. Exploiting is the fast track to either a ban or "finishing" the game without any real satisfaction.

For a while I tried to get into a public group that plays fair and square, but no chance. The moment you say you do not exploit, bug use ("shortcut") or whatever you get kicked. Most exploiters do not even have a sense of doing something wrong.

As for the exploits themselves: The map designers should be ashamed. Temple of the spider is especially bad. An "experienced" group can get through and kill the boss in under 15 minutes. 75% of the NPCs are skipped by glitching your way through the map. The final boss is exploited to a nearly instant death.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am afraid to even try and get a group for dungeons because they are all like ...need DC GS 10k, must know all jumps and shortcuts. I was in a guild where they would fight to a certain point and then they were like...ok type /killme so we can teleport to the next campfire. I was thinking to myself....do people even want to play this game?
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where did they say it would be the exact same gear ?
    I saw they said it would be T1 in the one dungeon and T2 in the other but it could be they simply made more T1 and T2 sets.

I do agree that the game is too highly exploited but I feel there are several things that are responsible for this.
    The trash mobs need to have some chance of dropping something that makes them worth killing, at the very least increasing the amount of currency they drop or the chance of rank 6+ enchants or random epics rarely dropping would get more people clearing everything.

The bosses could use some more mechanics other than "spawn x mobs every y seconds, or when z mob is killed", I miss boss fights in games that had mechanics that made it challenging rather than just overrunning the party with adds to create a false sense of boss difficulty.

I am hoping in future content they work on making some content worth grinding out so that people stop looking for ways to circumvent the way the dungeons were supposed to be run.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I do believe theres' some fixes coming with the balance patch for alot of the shortcuts etc.

Maybe someone that played on test server could let us know.
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    Agreed - absolutly! The developers and moderates MUST be blind.

It seems like Cryptic is ****ting on the whole game. Really. Sorry for my expression but it comes out of frustration. It comes out of ~400h gameplay time and now seeing the game going DOWN. And nothing else is happening atm. ITS GOING DOWN.

We have MASS exploits that will be never fixed, because u - CRYPTIC - are just awfull programmers and testers. There u have the reason why Atari once left u. LOW QUALITY.

Now we have Gauntlgrym. The hope of everyone. But know what? U guys TOTALLY ****ed it up by only adding T1 / T2 and NOT allow guilds to join with 20 ppl. We need to queue with 5 people and cant do it with 20. BUT we need a guild - really funny.

Guys... I had such high hopes in this game... I spent 50 bucks for the starter pack, I was building a guild which has ~60 member (german guild on Dragon) and now I see the game just going down! 60-70% of our member are actually not coming online again because they allready have BiS gear and dont know what to do. So most of them started playing RIFT - which goes F2P in a few days. RIFT actually is ****! But it HAS RAID CONTENT - aka LATE GAME CONTENT. It has 10 men raid and 20 men raid with a high skill cap. U CRYPTIC had the chance to add the same with Gauntlgrym. But u failed so hard.

Its going down - no matter what. There is no turnback anymore. I bet Gauntlgrym will contain the same exploits with jumping / skipping / boss-bugging. The whole game engine is a mess. Everything.

Today I was exploding as I heared about the CN exploit. Now it all makes sense. Why the prices for the T 2.5 are dropping rapidly. Its so frustrating for a person like me, who spent so much time in this game, who was building up a guild and never exploitet CN (and I bet I have ~30 clear runs). This CN bug with the second window, where u jump through and skip the content was making me SO ANGRY that I needed to write here in the forums to tell u CRYPTIC that u failed totally in the whole game. In a few weeks, the server will be almost empty - at least the hardcore and progress scene wont stay here.

Really... IM FRUSTRATED.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They can fix this stuff you know... It's still a good game
  • Options
    niubbacchioniubbacchio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some exploits are so strange that sometimes i think devs did it intentionally. I'm not joking
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

I think that is EXACTLY why people are so frustrated. Most of the changes needed to make this into am incredible game are fairly small. But for some reason Cryptic drags their heels about making them even when it ends up hurting them most of all in the end.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lack of varied endgame content + easily exploitable existing endgame content = boredom at end-game

If Cryptic doesn't provide more content and/or make it actually take skill to obtain, the game wont have staying power as much as I hate to admit.
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

Ye sure they can fix it. But they dont do it.

How long do you think, does it need to make a invisible collision wall in front of the second window in Castle Never? I bet it takes not more then 20 minutes.

They need to open the map in their editor, add the wall, save the map, test it maybe 20 minutes again and then publish it.

THIS IS CALLED HOTFIX - and normally companies do such things immediatly. This doesnt even require the client to be updated because in MMOs collision detection is calculated server sided.

And this counts for almost EVERY shortcut u can make in this game. Adding a invisible wall would fix most common exploits. But they just dont care! U can say what ever u want, but there is no excuse for not fixing a 20 minute bug, which affects the economy SO HARD that the weapons dropped down from ~4-7 millions AD to now ~1 million AD...
  • Options
    m3fi100m3fi100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was always in favour of carrot not the stick. Why are people doing "shortcuts" and exploits? Only because they're lazy and want quick rewards without effort? Maybe some. But what if killing trash that doesn't give any decent reward and takes an hour of Your time makes you unwilling to do the same dungeon ever again? What if some people are just tired with 20 minutes long bossfights after 40 mins of clearing trash before and just wiping because of unluck to try again for next 20 mins? And what about the fact that when you kill the described boss finaly it drops a measily belt with silly stats unusable by anyone that You can only sell to the vendor or get like 3 gold for it? It's only natural that they try to come up with ideas to shorten that time and boring effort when the alternative would be to leave the game completely.

Now what if we got carrot instead of stick only (nerfs/shortcut fixes)? How bout if trash would give decent gold or maybe even AD rewards that You would leave a dungeon with 15-20 gold more than You entered with to be able to buy pots/kits and not have to farm boring foundry for it? Why can't they drop decent enchants more often or blue items and greater identify scrolls to sell them for decent price not 1 silver per unidentified piece.

Basicaly for me in this game there is only DD to log on, run a quick dungeon with guildmates (only those that have shortcuts since i'm completely fed up with any dungeon that takes longer than 30 mins atm since i've been in all of them so many times). There are no other decent activities. No t2 PvP gear to farm glory on, no decent crafting supplies You can farm somewhere. Maybe if Cryptic started with fixing all that people wouldn't concentrate so much on inventing glitches and exploits and just on having fun with their friends/guild.

And last but not least i smell a new exploit in the air cuz on Dragon shard AH seems to be slowly emptying from many items so probably someone is slowly spending their exploited hundreds of milions of AD slowly with their mule accounts just not to be discovered...
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I think that is EXACTLY why people are so frustrated. Most of the changes needed to make this into am incredible game are fairly small. But for some reason Cryptic drags their heels about making them even when it ends up hurting them most of all in the end.

Fairly small changes yes but as the original poster has said, the effects of them have been pretty widespread and are still impacting the economy.

Not everyone will put their exploited gear on the AH now with low prices, they'll be waiting for the bug fixes, then post on the broker when prices start to rise - meaning they more from their exploiting.

It needed a rollback, never got one, so this is it.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I, for one, am torn with exploiting. My thoughts:

The Good:

1. Market prices go down on high quality items, making it less P2W. Yes, you still may need to drop some cash on AD or Zen, but with more T2 gear flooding the market, prices go down.

2. Exploiters know (even though Cryptic says it isn't), that NW is P2W. This is their way of saying, "Screw that!" You want to charge me outrageous prices, I'm going to be efficient in taking them down. There's a part of me that understands and appreciates their circumstance.

The Bad:

1. It's blatant cheating, in a lot of cases. Skipping a few mobs, well, not so much, but speed running... Yeah, blatant cheating.

2. Classes like GF, which cannot dodge, teleport, or slide, gets screwed because nobody wants them.

The Balance I've Found:

1. Try forming a group with this: "Karrandux, Non-speed run! Send tell if interested." You'd be amazed how quickly I get responses.

2. Upcoming patch may resolves some of these issues.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    Fairly small changes yes but as the original poster has said, the effects of them have been pretty widespread and are still impacting the economy.

Not everyone will put their exploited gear on the AH now with low prices, they'll be waiting for the bug fixes, then post on the broker when prices start to rise - meaning they more from their exploiting.

It needed a rollback, never got one, so this is it.

I was never a fan of rollbacks. And I still think, there is no need for a rollback when Cryptic is starting to realize, that they need to test their stuff.

If they would test the **** out of Gauntlgrym and if they would add viable drops - like T3 / T4 - no one would care about T1 / T2 anymore. And the value for T3 / T4 would be OK because u cant exploit the dungeon to get it. But they missed their chance - like I said.

There are easier ways to balance the economy of such a game again, without a wipe. They just need to turn their brains on and start developing bug-free content.
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some exploits are so strange that sometimes i think devs did it intentionally. I'm not joking

most of the castle never shortcuts seem to be made for it. coincidence that a door that can be opened by rogue leads to a secret path that oh so happens to have the only bit of scenery that leads right over to the platform where you need to go skipping out hundreds of mobs.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic has completely underestimated the power that farming has in these games. When I played wow I can remember farming for weeks just to get a baby dragon pet to drop. With no world drops better than blue, and no cosmetic world drops, or even a place to farm them that doesn't horn in on folks trying to level is kind of strange for an mmo.

They need a huge end game farming zone that has a ton of camps and free for all pvp! (ok maybe not , but maybe a zone where you can choose free for all pvp with pvp centric types of drops).

They need randomly generated dungeons for single player up to 3 player with drops according. The foundry is fine, but it cant really drop anything worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, so that kind of makes people want to find the fastest way to make 4k ad and be done with it. If a foundry quest could have drops assigned by how long it takes to clear, or how difficult it is then people would be more inclined to play the longer maps more than once.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Bad Q/A testers + bad loot reward system + unrewarding, endless waves of annoying trash mobs + lazy devs that don't feel like fixing exploits when reported to them + company that don't consistently permaban exploiters + non-existent GM support = rampant exploiting all day, everyday. It's Cryptic's fault for not fixing most of these shortcuts and exploits in a timely fashion. They've all been reported to them for weeks, and some, even months. They simply don't care.

I generally hate exploiting in games I play, but I don't mind taking shortcuts and doing certain "exploits" in Neverwinter. I won't do the fall through the window in CN exploit because it's too risky, asking to be permabanned, but I have no problem with almost everything else. I've ran every dungeon at least 100 times already so no dungeon is interesting or fun for me anymore. It's all about loot and making AD.
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    most of the castle never shortcuts seem to be made for it. coincidence that a door that can be opened by rogue leads to a secret path that oh so happens to have the only bit of scenery that leads right over to the platform where you need to go skipping out hundreds of mobs.

yes jumping trough a window and killing yourself while standing next to a tower i think they did it on purpose :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013

yep, i wouldnt doubt it one bit. if its not a crash bug its going live
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vornin wrote: »
    The endgame has suffered immensely at the hands of exploits, of which almost every boss has in some form, to the point of the endgame progression being nearly dead. You can't get in a run without Campfire Hopping, Climbing outside of the map, and using anything from "Evade" style bugs to some of your bosses actually $%^#ing killing themselves. I don't know who is to blame. The developers for making the last fights so unreasonable that the community is spurred to find this sort of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? The developers again for not in-house playtesting it to a point of some sort of standard? Or perhaps the players for knowingly utilizing it to, apparently, spend the least amount of time actually playing the game as possible. Though even then would it not be the fault of the developer once more for implementing a "Dungeon Delve" system that encourages this sort of behavior?

The current endgame content has been exploited to such a high degree that the Auction House is replete with Best In Slot gear that are reaching lower and lower prices every day. I don't expect that this game will have much of a population in about a month. Not trying to slight the game but outside of the PVP'ers, there is no rhyme or reason to stick around. Most people who PVE are already in Best in Slot, or could now quite easily buy it. After the new content smell of Gauntlgrym wears off; which should be very quickly considering that it has the exact same gear (expect those prices to be further dropped) I don't expect many people to be doing much of anything.

Anywho, thought I'd come here to express some frustration after having just left a run where the 4 party members discussed their enthusiasm of how they were going to make the last boss kill itself by running off of a ledge. Bosses that kill themselves.. Casuals finally win the day. Jk ;p

Or you can do the full runs and end up with 1 useless belt at the end of the DD event , just like I did back then .

It's up to you to decide - more loot or less loot what shall it be ? ( that's a tough one isn't it ? ) :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Or you can do the full runs and end up with 1 useless belt at the end of the DD event , just like I did back then .

It's up to you to decide - more loot or less loot what shall it be ? ( that's a tough one isn't it ? ) :D

Imo the loot is not the biggest problem. I mean: Its ok to not get instant best in slot gear. But ye - like dracolich chest loot is a mess (I only got some T1 stuff and necks - which are useless - out of it).

But atm u dont even need to grind many dungeons for your BiS equipment - just go to the AH. The prices are so low and the economy is completely broken.
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I almost don't play this game for several days now but when I occasionally queue for any dungeon I AM NOT ABLE TO PLAY. Nearly all teams are like:

1. Jump through this wall
    2. Type /killme
    3. You typed too fast, relog and try again
    4. Lets skip half of the dungeon here
    5. We could suicide the boss, you know, shall we?

This game is UNPLAYABLE at the moment. Seriously. This is for the few that are not BiS yet (despite low prices), majority don't even bother doing anything.

Edit: I forgot to mention:
    6. Run to this door and die here
    7. Such a shame you died a bit too far to respawn at next campfire, try again
    8. Run to this mob and die at him, this should make you skip large part of the dungeon

I have never seen such an exploitfest as this game :( It is fun first and second time but after that makes you don't want to play anymore.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

about_alex1.jpg

(..and yes, I realise you're joking- so am I.. mostly :D)
  • Options
    diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    I do believe theres' some fixes coming with the balance patch for alot of the shortcuts etc.

Maybe someone that played on test server could let us know.

While there might be some exploit/shortcut fixes, i don't see them ever fixing the horrible boss designs. I actually think that the engine can't handle anything better, because all "bosses" in all 3 games are the same. It looks like all ANY NPC can do is trigger a fixed number of abilities randomly and nothing more.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    diedel443 wrote: »
    While there might be some exploit/shortcut fixes, i don't see them ever fixing the horrible boss designs. I actually think that the engine can't handle anything better, because all "bosses" in all 3 games are the same. It looks like all ANY NPC can do is trigger a fixed number of abilities randomly and nothing more.

Except they have actually proven the potential for boss mechanics on several bosses. The issue is laziness and lack of creativity.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Except they have actually proven the potential for boss mechanics on several bosses. The issue is laziness and lack of creativity.

If u asked me, I think its more an issue with the skill of the programmers and level designers - like I said: There is a reason why ATARI left Cryptic.

I mean - about the creativity: They could just copy some mechanics from WoW (which arent that bad) and put them in. Its better to copy good parts of another MMO then trying to do you own thing without much success. U just have to take a look at the current state of the game and all its deep rooted bugs / exploits... And this is why im frustrated: At first I thought they just need a bit of time to fix those things, but now it seems like they are not able to do it (in a technically way) and thats why I see no future and think Gauntlgrym will be the same mess.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I almost don't play this game for several days now but when I occasionally queue for any dungeon I AM NOT ABLE TO PLAY. Nearly all teams are like:

2. Type /killme

This game is UNPLAYABLE at the moment. Seriously. This is for the few that are not BiS yet (despite low prices), majority don't even bother doing anything.

8. Run to this mob and die at him, this should make you skip large part of the dungeon

I have never seen such an exploitfest as this game :( It is fun first and second time but after that makes you don't want to play anymore.

ahahahah so true, but this is maybe an HINT to developers, they should make dungeon with no trash, just a series of bosses and to reach those bosses you need to do jumping puzzles or dodging traps.
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

2. Type /killme

This is exactly how it is.....Pug's do it, Guilds do it.

And I don't get the common excuse of boss mechanics boss mechanics and exploits are 2 entirely different things.

The majority of games hotfix pretty quick for any dungeon/pvp/economy exploits general pve exploits they are usually slower to fix. Cryptic are slow with every type of exploit it seems sometimes they don't know what's an exploit till it goes viral.

In another thread there was a post about reporting the places and players lol.... well now that wouldn't be a game that would be a full time job. Devs need to invest some time on YouTube ^-^

Neverwinter is sadly an exploiters game. Plain truth is this game is unplayable at 60 if you are unable (some classes can't dodge or teleport) or unwiling to exploit your way around dungeons.
  • Options
    xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One other possible reason is that exploits or not, PvE in Neverwinter is boring.
    I mean, back in WoW (heck, even in Tera - failed as it may be), handling trash packs and mid-bosses was challenging - monsters had tricky, interesting abilities, and learning to counter them took some time and coordination.

In Neverwinter, you have mobs with insane amounts of HP, lots of red circles/cones/rectangles and... That's it. There's zero learning value in clearing the trash, there are no curious mechanics to speak of - just stand in blue circles, avoid red as much as possible and keep on nuking. If anything, that's called lazy design, and I can't really blame anyone for trying to skip several hours of mindless button-mashing "dungeons", because they don't feel like proper dungeons at all - more like dumb chores you want to be done with ASAP.