test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice gear you have there...

obliquezombieobliquezombie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Oh wait, it's the same thing I'm wearing.

The items in this game are a certain kind of beauty--it's in the details. Unless you're running on max, things might not look too good whatsoever.

But--and I know this is in open Beta--can we change it up just a little bit? I'm a level 34 GWF, and I feel like I've been wearing the same armor for dozens of levels, not including the one mid-20s break where I looked like a sweet armored pirate. Now I look like a chump again, and it sucks.

I'm not saying redesign the entire gear set, Cryptic. But let's change SOMETHING on the quest gear from time to time. Even the smallest detail.

/rant
Post edited by obliquezombie on

Comments

• satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They said they plan to change gear from 1~60 so it appears you are progressing.
  • illessenillessen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Solo dungeon bosses drop 'unique' looking gear. However how different they look is pretty much unknown because how often they get killed, what they drop for x class... if it's soulbound or not. There's also no database yet to see all the cosmetic looking armor.
    For now, buy some fashion items and 2 pieces of dye, dye those 2 pieces and be happy you look different than 99% of everyone else you see out there :p
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited June 2013
    Ya it was a tad annoying that your gear really didnt change much while leveling...I've played browser games that had that so i dont see a point to why theyre re-using so many armor designs...less they just wanted to be cheap or rushed the game release
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think wed all like to see more gear I wish they'd just go with costume slots for fashion outfits I think they'd make just as much money as they do with dyes if they nickel and dime us with tailor fees plus we can still use dyes on armor so they'd be getting us both ways. also if they allowed each costume slot to have its own hairstyle they can make money that way to. be nice to have a bun with my fancy Mask dress.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its almost as bad as D3 where every top player had the same items, the differences are like 1 or 2 dex, etc. Now here, the only difference is cosmetic and/or enchantment.

I don't get why an mmo can't give us the best of both worlds. The loot could be vastly improved here.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, everything looks the same.... very annoying