test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Published for review!

fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Greetings! I Have finally published my first quest. YES! I'm still fine tuning, but I think its G2G! I would love some feedback. Its an outdoor quest with an optional side quest, some jumping puzzle implements and awesome views ta-boot. If you bring a friend make sure only one does the interaction with NPC's and Objects. this will avoid confusion.
You may want to Turn off Quest Trails they don't work well with this mission.

NAME: Dorinton Artifact
CODE: NW-DP88JMVEP
Duration: Depends on your level. Lower levels 4-20 can breeze through it in 20 or so mins. Levels 20-60 takes longer 30-40 minutes.
I would be happy to trade reviews. I'm always looking for new content.
Thanks for your time!
Here's a couple of screenshots:
Dorinton_View5636Pop.jpgDorinton_Lakeview8923Pop.jpg
Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
Post edited by fromover on

Comments

• Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll check it out, just have this urge to sit through publishing.. (Takes 20 min or so now, but oh well. ) I'll check it out when i can :3 Added it to my reminder list!
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Adding this to my list. Feel like checking out mine?
    NW-DP6JVC2WO
    I'll get to this as soon as I can.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darriot777 wrote: »
    Adding this to my list. Feel like checking out mine?
    NW-DP6JVC2WO
    I'll get to this as soon as I can.
    Thanks!

Cool Thanx! I'll check it out today.;)
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    Checking out Dorinton's Artifact when I get home this evening. Can't wait! :D

1) Frisky whisky - Increase radius on the waypoint.
    2) First spawn point - Not a good idea to have a sentry goblin encounter here because if the player dies having no injury kits, they won't be able to rely on the campfire to mend the wounds - therefor they'll stack injuries, which can become a nuisance.
    3) When leaving the frisky whiskey, it's not capitalized when interacting
    4) I keep getting stuck here - I've had to use the /killme command about 10 times now - which is costing me too much in injury kits. I tried using /stuck but it doesn't get me out of here unfortunately. So I've left you with a screenshot to help you understand where it's happening. It's happening when you have to jump rock to rock toward the lost hills lookout. Perhaps use invisible walls to prevent players from actually falling.
    5) Spending WAY too much time 'looking around' - almost took me an hour to get to where I am now. Need waypoints or something to assist players on the quest.

15n5bf8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well alright! Some great feedback! I'll fix these issues straight away. Sorry for your dilemma on the jumping puzzle.
    Thanks mate!
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    4) I keep getting stuck here - I've had to use the /killme command about 10 times now - which is costing me too much in injury kits. I tried using /stuck but it doesn't get me out of here unfortunately. So I've left you with a screenshot to help you understand where it's happening. It's happening when you have to jump rock to rock toward the lost hills lookout. Perhaps use invisible walls to prevent players from actually falling.

I hope I fixed where you were getting stuck. It would be better to have a pic of the map where you got stuck. Thanks for everything!
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I gave it a try to run through and so far so good, though the jumping puzzle being forced upon a player(like me) Is what made me take a break from it.

Don't take me wrong, I'll probobly rate your map a 4/5 when i finish it. Because I really like it. (And that teleporter to the tower.. Thumbs up :) ) But perhaps I will give it another try tomorrow. ( Just need to update/check through my own creation from some critique. ^^ )
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    A free bump for you,

Did the quest again, and 6-7 failed attempts, the last two because It wasn't clear to me where I should jump. (And some drop fps at bad places.) I'd recommend this map for players really into jumping puzzles because, frankly. This is a great one at that, really. But, I can't bring myself to run across the map for the 8th or so time to start over.

I would use a jumping puzzle in my foundries, as a means to avoid direct or hard combat.. But I do enjoy your map anyway, and might give it another try still.. Kind of addicting lol

Edit:
    Would really approve of something different that the boss music after the encounter is dealt with, since the puzzle is semi-long.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    A free bump for you,

Did the quest again, and 6-7 failed attempts, the last two because It wasn't clear to me where I should jump. (And some drop fps at bad places.) I'd recommend this map for players really into jumping puzzles because, frankly. This is a great one at that, really. But, I can't bring myself to run across the map for the 8th or so time to start over.

I would use a jumping puzzle in my foundries, as a means to avoid direct or hard combat.. But I do enjoy your map anyway, and might give it another try still.. Kind of addicting lol

Edit:
    Would really approve of something different that the boss music after the encounter is dealt with, since the puzzle is semi-long.

Thanks lols! I'll look into the music thing and add some more torches on the jumping puzzle, to direct you on where to go. After you get to 'Checkpoint 1', signs appear below directing you to a port back up to the first log. So if you fall you don't have to go all the way around to the entrance. I am considering putting some sort of alternate route up to the lookout. Maybe a longer easier route. Or a port (cannon)that drops the player super high so that he/she takes 1/2 falling damage. LOL just brainstorming :cool:
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart