test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is keeping me up at night. A nightmare I can't wake from

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
I discovered the patch notes talking about lowering the damage of several CW. Yes, you heard it here. The class that wears cloth is having SEVERAL spells nerfed. After dinging to 60 which took a large amount of time in PVP. Only to have my damage NERFED.

Would my spot be open in dungeons, would guilds even take me or would I be an outcast. I am here today to protest. To say "No" to encourage the devs to look into their heart of hearts and reconsider this massive choice. Do not take it lightly and remember this impacts real people behind the screen.

Thank you.
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dungeons are still going to need a CW. Too much trash for it to be any other way. CW's are still going to be a good class.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    What? You leveled only in PVP and you are only concerned about some spells being changed? Have you gone onto the Preview server to see how it will actually effect your gameplay or are you just basing this off of....nothing
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nightmare-main-street-workers-sap-soul.jpg

1... 2 the nerf bat is coming for you...
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You're having nightmares about getting nerfed in Neverwinter? That's a bit melodramatic. I mean, having dreams and stuff about your pnp sessions is one thing, but if you're having nightmares about not being socially accepted in THIS game, maybe you should stop for a while....
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, if you're having nightmares over your Control Wizard it might be time to uninstall, go outside and get some fresh air ;p
  • bolcien1bolcien1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *proudly holds up his 4 year wizard/mage nerfed pin from WoW* I"ve survived nerfs from the big boys at blizz, and I'll survive the nerfs from Cryptic and Perfect world in neverwinter. We are mages, and we will adapt! Be it from a damage dealing role to a Control role. We'll still be needed.
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You got to suck it up and just laugh it off man. It is the only way to deal with MMO games. Especially D&D ones.

These games are in a constant state of flux. As time progresses we will get nerfed more and more. We will see more radical changes in the future almost guaranteed. Spells will change. Feats will change and our tactics will change. This is the undeniable reality of these types of huge games.

You do not have to love the changes, Your choice is to ultimately shrug it off and keep playing or take a break.. That said, all the other popular games have this very same mechanic. The good games are all in constant evolution. So even finding a new game is sometimes not a viable solution. Most MMO fans have to be pretty open to change or they will just get frustrated every other update.

Sure this update hit a lot of classes hard. But who is to say next one won't buff our builds?

Anyway hope your nightmares stop. Goodluck.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    nightmare-main-street-workers-sap-soul.jpg

1... 2 the nerf bat is coming for you...

From a GWF, this was too funny. Nicely done.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Even if the control wizard did literally 0 dmg during a run, they would still be essential to a group for their cc abilities.

On the other hand, the rogue's dmg nerf only stands to weaken their usefulness in the group. In fact, in the test server zone chat, many cw's are reporting that they're out dpsing the tr's now.
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've outdpsed TRs on live with my GFW. Does that mean TRs are weak, no it means the player is bad. Also TRs will need to get used to doing something beside holding Duelist Flurry and winning.

Face it even among the current "skilled" TRs, a lot are not "skilled" only "geared"
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Play every class up to 60 then you can't get nerfed.
  • hmusicahmusica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Control Wizard.
    Control Wizard.
    Control Wizard.
    CONTROL Wizard.

You're not supposed to do DPS, you're supposed to provide crowd control. Re-roll a Rogue or change your play style. (60 CW here, be mad.)
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cry some more. It's not like the class is going to be any less braindead to use.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This thread is now about Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise.

Please discuss your thoughts about Captain Jean-Luc Picard here.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmusica wrote: »
    You're not supposed to do DPS, you're supposed to provide crowd control. Re-roll a Rogue or change your play style. (60 CW here, be mad.)

Why not? Taking your enemies to 0 HP is a great way of controlling them. Besides why would you quote a Trickster Rogue as an example of a class that's supposed to deal damage.

Trickster Rogue.
    Trickster Rogue.
    Trickster Rogue.
    TRICKSTER Rogue.

He should be playing tricks instead of doing damage.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    From a GWF, this was too funny. Nicely done.

Yeah, I agree. I'm going to be chuckling about this one for awhile.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You need to stop playing immediatly if you're having nightmares and can't sleep because of changes to your class in Neverwinter. You have serious problems, and probably need to look into doing something constructive in your real life instead of playing video games. You should probably talk to someone about this problem.
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I discovered the patch notes talking about lowering the damage of several CW. Yes, you heard it here. The class that wears cloth is having SEVERAL spells nerfed. After dinging to 60 which took a large amount of time in PVP. Only to have my damage NERFED.

Would my spot be open in dungeons, would guilds even take me or would I be an outcast. I am here today to protest. To say "No" to encourage the devs to look into their heart of hearts and reconsider this massive choice. Do not take it lightly and remember this impacts real people behind the screen.

Thank you.

Since you're interested in PvP:

image.png

Nerfed damage. Poor you.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    if you saying the Control Wizard nerf is nightmare, then the Devoted Cleric nerf is truly a death sentence
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I hedged my bets and I'm safe from the nerf bat, I have both a CW and a DC... No, wait..

http://www.sadtrombone.com/?play=true
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would play my tiny violin... but it's so small I lost it.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Derp you are a control wizard let me say that again CONTROL...CONTROL wizard not death from above wizard not nuke your *** to next week wizard you are a CONTROL wizard. your job is to do crowd control not DPS, so if you dont like your role try something else.