test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

client keep patching

hunnyhunnyhunnyhunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
since yesterday my client kept patching
once i exit the game, it will patch and now it's patching itself when launching the client is this normal?
Post edited by hunnyhunny on

Comments

• Options
    edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine is doing the same thing,and it's not like a small patch,but like a great, big 1.58gb patch lol.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Once i exit, game client wants to run itself again but there i nothing to patch.
  • Options
    baelzedenbaelzeden Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem, exit and it wants to patch, I left it run overnight and it still wants to patch but then closes as if there's nothing to patch, the patch was about 1500 mbs and the version number(I didn't think to write it down) ended in a 3 like it was an old patch. I thought it may be related to this thread that showed up around the same time this started to happen.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501
    I thought maybe the 1500 mbs was all that stuff.
    What's happening?
  • Options
    narienuknarienuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing happens to me.

Start the game from the desktop short cut, log in and it checks to see if there's a patch. It doesn't find anything so the 'Play!' button lights up. If I start the game, hit escape to bring up the in-game menu and choose exit it restarts the patcher (whereas previously it dropped straight to windows) and tries to patch 3GB.

If I close the patcher at this point and restart it will check to see if there's a patch needed, find there isn't one and go straight to the 'play' button lighting up again.

For me its only when the patcher appears again after choosing exit from the in-game menu that it thinks it needs to patch 3GB. If I run the game normally it knows the games up to date.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    the admins should really look into this now
  • Options
    bama2u2bama2u2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    The same thing is happening to mine and my wife's PC's.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really wouldnt worry too much about it, once the pre-patching is done, its just the launcher double checking that there is nothing more to do.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    droolydogdroolydog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here.

Huge 1.5 GB patch every time I exit the game, but the worst of it is that it seems to have messed the in-game fonts for me after this patch.

Characters are now all fuzzy, blurry, I can hardly read anything.
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    I really wouldnt worry too much about it.
    Easy for you to say that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yes, its a HUGE patch download everytime launching or closing the client.
    it's frustrating having to wait half-1 hour to start playing or turn off the comp
  • Options
    rebel357rebel357 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    me and a friend is also having this same problem, every time we start the game it want to patch a 1.5gb patch, I close the patch and re open the launcher and it went right into the game, but if I close out of the game and launch the game the patch come up again I close it and launce it and it will play, and btw I did download the patch 1.5gb the first time, but this is still going on. please fix this I do enjoy this game..... My Launcher version is CL_2013_06_03_15_41 if this helps
  • Options
    thetacoofdoomthetacoofdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing here.
    Doesn't bother me much since I download 1.5GB in 3-6 minutes but it actually screwed up my game.
    I can't open most UIs and the shops are broken.
  • Options
    unhumanunhuman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I'm having the same problem. It will patch, and then let me into the game. I can play for about 15 minutes, and then while in game I'll get a "server disconnected" error message and get booted out of the game. Then the client wants to patch itself again even though it already patched to the newest version.

Obviously, this is NOT an isolated incident as it seems to be happening to lots of you.
  • Options
    vandruvandru Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here. Patch seems to initiate after exiting game. Initial patch took ages to download but subsequent re-patching only takes a few minutes but still uses up 1.5 gigs of my allowance. Solution appears simple and that is to cancel the patch. When starting the game again the patching doesn't start. I haven't seen any other in game issues caused by this but it should be a priority fix.

*Edit - The initial patch downloaded AND patched game at same time which is why it seemed to take ages. Subsequent downloads are not patching.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    klandearlasklandearlas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I posted the same thing couple days ago elsewhere :) odd thing now is that on exit it says patching for a moment and then the launcher closes with nothing patched. Dont know if that simply means the patch has patched or something else is now going on.
  • Options
    baelzedenbaelzeden Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump and bump
  • Options
    galarak1galarak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mine takes 2 hours for a 4900Mb patch that, once again was already installed
  • Options
    ganjewsganjews Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Soo hi. I wanted to download this game through the night, because my internet is ****ty, and it kept me patching, so i went to task manager, found process called "Cryptic Game Launcher", stoped it, and it worked!