What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chronicles of the Abyss - Act 1: The Puzzling Entrance

savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Chronicles of the Abyss - Act 1: The Puzzling Entrance by @Savaikun
Short Code: NW-DDMWV14SA
Mission Type: Puzzle/Adventure/Quest
Average Duration: 15-20 mins (if you do not do the optional objectives)
Amount of Combat: Balanced
Starts at: Varies based on character's current location.

Quest is currently available for daily foundry.

Mission Summary: Your conscience has led you to undertake a dangerous task within the abyss. It is time for you to listen to your own mind and delve deeply within the roots of evil. Unlock secrets never known to mankind to complete the alternate ending within this quest. Do you and your conscience have what it takes to assist Pellerrin, the Druid? Find out by seeking your own conscience within the puzzling and scary entrance to the ABYSS.

Savaikun's tips/hints: Be sure you understand why you are doing this quest before you take part in it. Do you want to get your daily foundry done quickly? Do you want an adventure full of puzzles and objectives? Or do you simply want to just check it out and see what it's about? All in all, the decision is up to you. YOU have the option to do what you please with this quest. All objects within this quest is noted (optional objective), meaning you DON'T have to do it if you don't want to! You can simply ignore the alternate ending and do the quest as it is. You will have to try it out for yourself - I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
35jaskx.jpg

UPDATES

Changed last 3 encounters before final boss fight to make it easier for those doing solo.
Added variety and thematic music to accommodate the environment.
Dialogue upgraded on all fronts.

Thanks for all the support,

Savai, <3
Post edited by savaikun on

Comments

• fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds awesome! I'll play and review tomorrow! Check mine out when you have some time--->Dorinton Artifact

Thanx!
    Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
    Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I played through your mission and side mission and I gotta say “Creative and Fun” I'll definitely be doing it again and looking forward to your next installment.

My Nit-Picker Comments:

1. First dialog with Meeku seemed a bit off. Recommend revising ; “I am here to guide you on your side mission.”
    2. Aura's that indicate where Meeku appears, should disappear after conversation.
    3. Clipping on the first door; The door would not realistically open as it does because of the giant stone in its way. Recommend moving stone.
    4. In the West Ward the mobs seem stuck in the murky water.
    5. The last water asset at the end of the first corridor in the West Ward, looks different. Investigate.
    6. In the Final (Treasure Room) the hanging brazier is inside of ice ramp: Recommend changing lighting for that room or moving ramp.
    7. The end of the side quest there doesn't seem to be any conversation or hint as to weather I've completed it or not. Recommend putting Meeku at the end by the chest or in the exit room.
    8. The Abyss entrance at the end is floating. Recommend moving down to the ground.

These are just some things that I noticed. As I said I really enjoyed playing through this one!

Peace!
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    UPDATED
    1) A few encounters have been changed to avoid the 'static' look.
    2) Reduced encounters in hallways - no more brutes!
    edited June 2013
    fromover wrote: »
    So I played through your mission and side mission and I gotta say

You gotta say what? LOL
    edited June 2013
    Hehe, sorry about that i was messing with BBCode and had a brain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 8)
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
    edited June 2013
    Hehe, sorry about that i was messing with BBCode and had a brain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 8)

So you have made some honest and good points - everything I have changed - except 1 thing, that being the water asset. not exactly sure what is wrong/can't find it myself.
    But nonetheless, thanks for pointing those things out - they have all been updated :D
    edited June 2013
    Sounds awesome! I'll play and review tomorrow! Check mine out when you have some time--->Dorinton Artifact

Thanx!

Checking out Dorinton's Artifact when I get home this evening. Can't wait! :D
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    So you have made some honest and good points - everything I have changed - except 1 thing, that being the water asset. not exactly sure what is wrong/can't find it myself.
    But nonetheless, thanks for pointing those things out - they have all been updated :D

Your fix seems to be bugged. Now when I start your mission, it starts out at the end. It is, in it's current state, unplayable. I'm not sure if this is just on my end but it does the same thing for my alts. Hope this post reaches you soon. :confused:
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
    edited June 2013
    Your fix seems to be bugged. Now when I start your mission, it starts out at the end. It is, in it's current state, unplayable. I'm not sure if this is just on my end but it does the same thing for my alts. Hope this post reaches you soon. :confused:

OH MY GOODNESS! LOL - I changed the spawn point while I was fixing it so that I didn't have to run through the entire map! I fixed it now! Thank you SO MUCH for pointing this out! LOL!
    edited June 2013
    *except 1 thing, that being the water asset. not exactly sure what is wrong/can't find it myself.

Here is a /Screenshot_jpg of the water asset. It might be a lighting thing.

Water_Asset1205Pop.jpg
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
    edited June 2013
    Here is a /Screenshot_jpg of the water asset. It might be a lighting thing.

Water_Asset1205Pop.jpg

Yah that's a lighting thing - something I wish I had control over :(
    lol - but thanks, I'll see if I can find something to fix that somehow.
    edited June 2013
    Cancel this post. . . Cant find a way to delete my post sorry.
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
    edited June 2013
    UPDATES:
    1) Changed the druid's dialogue to compliment the actual storyline.
    2) Small little tweaks here and there.
    edited June 2013
    Trying out CotA part 2 and fell thru the blackness. Here are a couple of pics to help you find the tear 8).

GameClient%202013-06-14%2012-49-54-487687Pop.jpg

GameClient%202013-06-14%2012-50-23-681681Pop.jpg
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
    edited June 2013
    Trying out CotA part 2 and fell thru the blackness. Here are a couple of pics to help you find the tear 8).

GameClient%202013-06-14%2012-49-54-487687Pop.jpg

GameClient%202013-06-14%2012-50-23-681681Pop.jpg

Err, and to think I found ALL the tears within that map. Did you find this today or was it yesterday sometime? Because I spent a few hours yesterday with fixing all the tears and thought it was all bettered up after last night's final publishing.
    Thank you SO much for doing this. I am trying to read the coordinates on that image, but I can't seem to get it right. Could you give them to me plebe?
    Thanks so much

<3
    edited June 2013
    Err, and to think I found ALL the tears within that map. Did you find this today or was it yesterday sometime? Because I spent a few hours yesterday with fixing all the tears and thought it was all bettered up after last night's final publishing.
    Thank you SO much for doing this. I am trying to read the coordinates on that image, but I can't seem to get it right. Could you give them to me plebe?
    Thanks so much

<3

Ok sure. It's 927,595. It was this morning around 11ish PT. Happy to help 8)
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
    edited June 2013
    UPDATES

Changed last 3 encounters before final boss fight to make it easier for those doing solo.
    Added variety and thematic music to accommodate the environment.
    Dialogue upgraded on all fronts.

Thanks for all the support,

Savai, <3
  • ndaeluundaeluu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I found the 3 Encryptic Runes, but I get the message: [Error] You do not have the knowledge to decipher these runes.

I'm assuming this is how you get the pages. I have the binding and found the orb and axe, but I can't get the pages.
    Not sure if this is just me or everyone, but it's not good... Otherwise good job.