test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is 13 Constitution working out for you?

lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Having low HP/Constitution on a Cleric is a bad idea.

Unless a Control Wizard carries you with perfect play, you will get chunked inside Astral Shield, and you will get one-shot outside of AS.

Until the AS nerf, it will be possible to survive with two Clerics, which is still sub-optimal since you lose damage or crowd control in your party. But after the nerf, I don't think 22k HP is going to be enough to solo heal.

I'm currently running a Cleric with 20 Constitution, 2k Defense and 29k HP: zero one-shots, zero wipes. I'm not fully geared, I expect to reach 35k HP, but Miracle Healer set bonus sure is going to combo well with all that HP.

Been seeing too many squishy Clerics who die to a puff of wind.
Post edited by lwet on

Comments

• swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have 14 Con, 12 from the start + 2 auto from levels. Wouldn't imagine ever putting more into it. I'm sitting around 2k defense, 22k-ish hp IIRC, and do perfectly fine running one cleric instances and kiting inside a shield. I wouldn't call myself squishy by any means. Having 10k HP sounds nice, but I haven't really run into a situation I need 10K more hp at what it would cost me to reach 20+ CON. Maybe if I just stood there and heal turreted or some such, but even in CN I haven't felt like my HP is too low.

If you have a stout cleric build you'd like to talk about though, I'm all ears. Always looking for alternate ways to build/play.

Edit: The grammar, it eludes me.
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Reaching 35k doesn't seem possible except I miss something.

16 Con + 9% Feat = 23.325
    15 Con + 9% Feat = 22.945
    -> 10 Con + 9% Feat = 21.045
    -> 20 Con + 9% Feat = 24.845

The 9% via Feats do not change (2.046) and 1 Con is 380 HP. Actually for some reason 9% is ~10,75% here.
    If you use T2 Gear and not the PvP one you will only gain more max HP via defensive rings/belt and Radiants in Def Slot.
    2x Def Ring and Belt = 3x 616 = 1.848
    5x Def Slots (lets say Radiant Rank 7) = 5x 740 = 3.700

Up to 30.393 with 20 Con
    Up to 28.493 with 15 Con

And no, Augment Pet do not work with max HP stats.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I get the feeling you think Con stacks with +Health items, it doesn't. You get:

(Base Health) * (Con% + Feat%) + (Item HP).

Poster above me illustrates the marginally difference quite nicely.
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Just recognized sth that can be considered a bug.
    Our 9% HP feat (same for all other classes I guess) is calculated when logging in based on your current max HP.

Loged in with 15 con and no HP Items on -> 22.781 (24.613 with my 3 max HP Items)
    Loged in with 15 Con and HP Items on -> 22.945 taking them of (24.777 with Items)

You your formula can be changed (if you relog with all HP Items) to:

((Base Health) * (Con%) + (Item HP)) * (Feat%)

Further theocrafting regarding max HP:

Base HP 19.000
    3x HP Item -> 3x 616 = 1.848
    5x Radiant Lv7 -> 5x 740 = 3.700
    21 Con (12 by roll, 2 by class, 6 by lvl, 1 by campfire) -> 22%

(19.000 * 1,22 + 1.848 + 3.700) * 1,09 = 31.313 HP

with 16 Con (my personal value as Dwarf with 11 by roll - prefered 12 Int)

(19.000 * 1,12 + 1.848 + 3.700) * 1,09 = 29.243 HP

Equip and the 9% Feat got a far higher value than Con.

More than this 31,3k is only possible with higher Radiant. PvP gear got useless lifeleech and no max HP like other classes. Maybe some non set parts got HP, no idea.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just recognized sth that can be considered a bug.

Pretty sure it's in the "big patch" notes already... Yup, here:

• Misc.
      • The Toughness feat for all classes now updates maximum health immediately, rather than when relogging or changing zones.
  • lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the responses and math guys.

Since the Con bonus doesn't multiply with gear (it should!), I guess gear and enchants with the feat% is better than Con.

Doesn't mean I can't have the cake and eat it too.