test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seduction of Evil - NW-DAHHHH9IE Humorous Dungeon Crawl

sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Seduction of Evil - NW-DAHHHH9IE

I would like to trade some reviews of my first humorous dungeon crawler - Seduction of Evil - NW-DAHHHH9IE

I will review all dungeons for people who who post here or send me an in game mail with their short code.

Help the two daughters of Professor Fylinder Philipotts find their missing father in the family crypt. He has since gone missing after having made important discoveries regarding Demonic language and the nature of magic. This is a fairly large dungeon, but most of the encounters are fairly easy. So it should play fairly quick.

This quest has humorous dialog. You have to grab an objective in the first map prior to opening the door to the second map. Hint, it's obscured by a large fire. When I get home tonight i am going to clarify that a bit.

This should take about 20-25 minutes to play through. The encounters are easy to moderate with a couple of hard ones. It can definitely be finished.
Post edited by sebillesangrael on

Comments

• avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to run yours now, will leave a review there and post anything additional - if there is anything - here. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at mine :) NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
    Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks I will check your dungeon out when I get home from work.
  • avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I've posted a review of your dungeon. Just going to post additional comments here, hope you don't think I'm nit-picking, I enjoyed your quest :)

- Cybeliina conversation: 'Summoned Acolytes of ancient cult' should be an ancient cult?
    'They captured him and a forcing' - and are forcing?
    - Bookcase: '-to complete the circle of despair ... Only then will Baelzeen" <- What? Missing text? Also paragraph ends with a [
    - Perhaps make the abort exit more obvious? I had already clicked to inspect before I realised it was an exit. I'm a bit daft like that though.
    - Enemies in the wall, in the room directly south of the Air artefact.
    - Hydrangea conversation: 'Over-confidence' should be Over-confident?
    - The second part of this same conversation seems mixed up? Hydrangea is asking what we would suggest, and our response is that we're past caring and look to the rest of our party.
    - Water text isn't in quest-info yellow like the others.
    - The shaking in the cave goes on far too long, hurts my eyes, but that might just be me.
    - The crypt is enormous! Perhaps some additional bits of story scattered about, to reward searching every nook and cranny?

Finally, how did you get it to track several objectives at once?
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
    Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow! Thanks for the editing help! I have a tough time seeing my own typos sometimes! The multiple objectives bit was easy, I just placed objects in the bookcases and made them quest components. Originally they were all supposed to open the door to the final room, but I couldn't make that work correctly. All of the bookcases drop objects. Not sure if that is required or not. I will add more clues to flesh out the story. My main goal at first was to get it to work properly. I am gonna play your quest now.

I had to turn off camera shake using Options, not sure how to turn it off in the dungeon. Must be in the four way crypt room.
    edited June 2013
    Avatre, I couldn't finish your quest. Putting the trap in front of the Dungeon Prison door made it inoperable. I get the unable to interact message. So you will need to lose or move the trap. I found all of the traps useful for kiting mobs.

When they go off though they seem to create a combat in progress situation. The trap was having a go at the prisoner in the cell.