test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Truth of Goldenhair - A quest to remember...

kirnenadkirnenad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Name: The Truth of Goldenhair
Short code: NW-DA7ISYIKV
Author: kirnenad
Duration: ~20 minutes
Starts at: Protector's Enclave

You heard a rumor about the elven bard who is seeking a willing adventurer to venture into the depth of magical secret of time-traveling to uncover the course of the long forgotten battle...

Elwor the Bard playing his lute inside The Bear and the Maiden Inn...
fexbvWV.jpg

The Battlefield...
jQBg60d.jpg

The "Nemesis"...
PJHqQRi.jpg

Were you successful...
4QA8KN2.jpg
Ready for some adventuring? Then check my quest!

The Truth of the Goldenhair
NW-DA7ISYIKV
Post edited by kirnenad on

Comments

• kirnenadkirnenad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are some changes in the quest that I would like to post here:

-Black & White feeling removed from the past sequence.
    -Added quest trail for all objectives.
    -Moved the battle sequence from the Pass to the real battlefield (You can now enjoy the real feel of the battle fighting enemy while your comrades fight alongside you. :D
    -Minor additions and fixes.

NW-DA7ISYIKV
  • savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kirnenad wrote: »
    Name: The Truth of Goldenhair
    Short code: NW-DA7ISYIKV
    Author: kirnenad
    Duration: ~20 minutes
    Starts at: Protector's Enclave

You heard a rumor about the elven bard who is seeking a willing adventurer to venture into the depth of magical secret of time-traveling to uncover the course of the long forgotten battle...

Elwor the Bard playing his lute inside The Bear and the Maiden Inn...
    fexbvWV.jpg

The Battlefield...
    jQBg60d.jpg

The "Nemesis"...
    PJHqQRi.jpg

Were you successful...
    4QA8KN2.jpg

I was fine with the quest until I hit the hidden passage part. You have about 10-15 enemies in one spot. Sorry, but I'm not wasting anymore potions/injury kits to try to pass that any longer. I died about 10 times with no luck to my avail. You need to understand that high level players will not do this quest before that encounter. Please don't stack encounters. If or when you change this, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to do a review for you.

Thanks,

Savai,
  • kirnenadkirnenad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    I was fine with the quest until I hit the hidden passage part. You have about 10-15 enemies in one spot. Sorry, but I'm not wasting anymore potions/injury kits to try to pass that any longer. I died about 10 times with no luck to my avail. You need to understand that high level players will not do this quest before that encounter. Please don't stack encounters. If or when you change this, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to do a review for you.

Thanks,

Savai,

You really lack that exploring spirit, a? :D Before you encounter Warlock and his minions right at your left (and I say that it is in a real visible spot) there is a sparkling rock... I really ask myself, how did you manage to miss it... (By the way, you are the first one to miss it.)

I know what it means to stack encounters, I tested the quest with level 60 GWF and DC, and I ran trough it just fine, with the "help" of the "sparkling" secret on the rock, on your left, just before that big encounter! :)

NW-DA7ISYIKV
  • darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Try an invisible wall between the player and the grouped encounter. They won't target players through the wall, and it'll keep players from going in that direction, forcing them to explore other options. I did something similar in the early section of my quest and it worked perfectly, forcing the player to "avoid" a group of enemies. (If you want to see it in action, here's the shortcode: NW-DP6JVC2WO)
    Maybe even adding an objective "Search for a way around" or something like that would make it obvious that the player shouldn't try to take on the clustered monsters.