test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Dungeon issues: Grey Wolf Den/others

s4pp3rs4pp3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
G'day All,

Love Neverwinter, have been playing it with the girlfriend for a while now.

Basic Bug in Grey Wolf Den:
Quest Pathing doesn't go where it should.

Dungeon issues in general:

Bosses in some Dungeons (Grey Wolf Den in particular) way too hard!

I have 7700 GS, was in a seriously geared party for the dungeon (most had 9000+), no dramas all the way through, then the last boss:
We died something like 5-6 times as a team. Our Wizard kept getting stuck in attack animations and not being able to dodge thus getting one-shotted. (Suggest making the ability damage % of HP + dodging during attack animations, at least for PvE)

This is about the 4-5th Dungeon in a row where we have had good 60s combos and end up losing on the boss, a lot.
And yes we tried to drag boss away from supports and deal with adds.

Seriously think the Dungeon bosses need some nerfing - at least reducing the damage, possibly reducing the adds would work as well...

Dread Vault needs a fireplace right near the end, having to walk through that dam level 4-5 times was very frustrating.

Thoughts?
Post edited by s4pp3r on

Comments

• aetheraenaeaetheraenae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't had the chance to do Epic Gray Wolf Den YET, but it was very difficult even in normal difficulty.

The thing is - okay, I understand the pounce attack - it just shows that you should be mobile at all times (even if some of your abilities do root you in place you should dodge/teleport/shift away).

Okay, I understand the hands coming out of the ground part, it helps you get used even more to the fact that you should pay attention to the battle.

THE SHADOW WOLVES, however, okay, so. 2 shadow wolves spawn each time Ethraniev Marrowslake hits a player, 2 wolves each player (for example, if Ethraniev hits 3 players - 6 shadow wolves will spawn, at least I believe that's how it works). That is also kind of understandable, but the problem is the Shadow Wolves' damage. I literally got 2-shotted by one shadow wolf as a Trickster Rogue. That was just out of control.

I haven't tried out some of the other dungeons, so I can't really tell about other dungeons. I had a really hard time with Karrundax, which resulted in the whole team rage-quitting.

However, I can "testify" that the quest pathing in Gray Wolf Den is indeed bugged.
    I remember that at one point, where you go through a door to enter another instanced part of the dungeon, the quest path shows you, that you should go backwards.

If you actually had the patience to read all this, I salute you, good sir/ma'am.
  • s4pp3rs4pp3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't had the chance to do Epic Gray Wolf Den YET, but it was very difficult even in normal difficulty.

The thing is - okay, I understand the pounce attack - it just shows that you should be mobile at all times (even if some of your abilities do root you in place you should dodge/teleport/shift away).

Okay, I understand the hands coming out of the ground part, it helps you get used even more to the fact that you should pay attention to the battle.

THE SHADOW WOLVES, however, okay, so. 2 shadow wolves spawn each time Ethraniev Marrowslake hits a player, 2 wolves each player (for example, if Ethraniev hits 3 players - 6 shadow wolves will spawn, at least I believe that's how it works). That is also kind of understandable, but the problem is the Shadow Wolves' damage. I literally got 2-shotted by one shadow wolf as a Trickster Rogue. That was just out of control.

I haven't tried out some of the other dungeons, so I can't really tell about other dungeons. I had a really hard time with Karrundax, which resulted in the whole team rage-quitting.

However, I can "testify" that the quest pathing in Gray Wolf Den is indeed bugged.
    I remember that at one point, where you go through a door to enter another instanced part of the dungeon, the quest path shows you, that you should go backwards.

If you actually had the patience to read all this, I salute you, good sir/ma'am.

Yeah, normally the girlfriend and I had problems with the wolves, but I lost count the amount of times I ress'd her and then she got insta killed again by those dam hands...

I wasn't even getting aggro from the boss dude...

I think the underlying problem with the Bosses in this game is the redonculous amount of adds, but also with grey wolf the one shotting on support/non tank characters is really bad...

And it is Sir, :-)

as I said in the original post, damage of the adds needs a big nerf and the damage of the grey wolf boss needs a nerf...

spent a good 45 minutes on the boss alone, and still didn't win... (used about 8 injury kits thanks to allies not having one)
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That fight, even in Epic, is not so difficult if you understand the mechanics.

- First of all, AoE's must be avoided at all cost.
    - Dismiss Companions.
    - When adds appear, disengage Ethraniev and focus on them. Archers are not to be understimated.
    - Don't rush it, it's a battle of patience.

Nerfing bosses would be a huge loss for the game. They are challenging indeed, but strategies can be thought and once done, the battles are fair and the sense of achievement is real.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, I searched for this topic and it is nice to know I am not the only one who thinks that some of the bosses are a little unmanageable. Here is my two cents: I am not a "hard-core" 24-7 diehard gamer. I don't know what all the ridiculous acronyms are, I have never even owned an xbox... but I have definitely played the heck out of some games, all the old school , Doom 1-3, Quake, Duke Nukem' (original), Call of Duty, Counterstrike, Borderlands 1 & 2, Baulder's Gate, Diablo 1-3.... and ya know.... I may not be too good at video games, I may get totally owned in PvP and I may not quite know how to perfectly optimize my DPS with my CW but with Neverwinter, I have noticed that the level advancement and the environment advancement don't match up. The power (not the stat, just generally) of my character is just not matching up to the power of some aspects of the game... mainly the Bosses. I played the Great Wolf Den last night and the same thing happened, we all died again and again and again... etc. and we eventually just ran out of consumables (not to mention patience). Now, if CRYPTIC was trying to design a game that required advanced video gaming skills and limitless time to play, then it would be fine. But I just want to have fun, I don't mind challenge and difficulty, just not to this extent.
    By the time I can take on the bosses I am already too high a level to enter the que. And that is simply poor design. (not that the game isn't awesome otherwise cause it is)
    Thats it.