test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Beholder] Bots rampant in PvP

shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It was fine before, now it's just ridiculous. I'm seeing at least 4-5 in EVERY PvP match. It's really taking the fun out of PvP. I actually played a PvP match yesterday on my DC and my whole team was bots. It's not as rampant in the 6x bracket, but they're still there.

As someone said earlier, make PvP items bound when bought from the vendor. This effectively will kill the amount of bots that are in PvP.
Post edited by shultzilla on

Comments

• dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    It was fine before, now it's just ridiculous. I'm seeing at least 4-5 in EVERY PvP match. It's really taking the fun out of PvP. I actually played a PvP match yesterday on my DC and my whole team was bots. It's not as rampant in the 6x bracket, but they're still there.

As someone said earlier, make PvP items bound when bought from the vendor. This effectively will kill the amount of bots that are in PvP.

Not a big problem for me as those bots, if I understand you right, are still better then 70% of the playerbase.

Besides, the only way to solve this problem is to give rewards for winning only, and give it according to your contribution with points gained, assists, kills, effective healing, damage done, cc used, etc.

With this "MAKE IT BOUND" logic you can make everything bound and remove the AH from the game since it will become uselss.
  • xen0phreakxen0phreak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dethcord wrote: »
    With this "MAKE IT BOUND" logic you can make everything bound and remove the AH from the game since it will become uselss.

That must have been the most fail troll of the day. Unless I'm missing something here and bots are running rampant in Castle Never, your reply missed the mark by a long shot. The solution is valid, there are enough tier 1 sets in the game that are easily obtainable and tradeable. This problem is killing the already laughable pvp aspect of this game. Cryptic will have to dedicate a lot of thought to keep any of the pvp player base (larger than you may think) even remotely interested in playing this game.
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    xen0phreak wrote: »
    That must have been the most fail troll of the day. Unless I'm missing something here and bots are running rampant in Castle Never, your reply missed the mark by a long shot. The solution is valid, there are enough tier 1 sets in the game that are easily obtainable and tradeable. This problem is killing the already laughable pvp aspect of this game. Cryptic will have to dedicate a lot of thought to keep any of the pvp player base (larger than you may think) even remotely interested in playing this game.

You fail at detecting trolls. Personally, I like it an oldschool MMO way where there was no such thing as bound items, and economy in those games were much more alive.

And if I play PvP I want to be able to have something valuable for it like PvE players are able to sell PvE items.
    The problem is, PvP items cost like 10k per piece tops, because it's so easy to obtain in the first place. I wish they'd add as second, t2 pvp set which would require like 100k glory or something (cap removal will be needed) per piece in order to get it, plus - lost games and bad play should not be rewarded. If you don't kill, don't do damage, don't kill, only die - you should not be rewarded with anything. If someone would think the gear is the problem - that person can go do some PvE and be back more or less geared in order to take it.

This way you at the very least won't have an easy gold farm with selling pieces to vendor, and with bad play and losses not rewarded with anything botting won't be useful anymore, and players who actually do PvP will have something to sell and make AD with.

If you'll make them bound people will just sell those epics to vendor - 1.6g per piece is not so bad afterall.
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Simple rule to solve problem. To earn rewards players need to capture flag min 3 times. Done
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    Simple rule to solve problem. To earn rewards players need to capture flag min 3 times. Done

You... may be a little bewildered, and thinking of another MMO.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dethcord wrote: »
    You fail at detecting trolls. Personally, I like it an oldschool MMO way where there was no such thing as bound items, and economy in those games were much more alive.

And if I play PvP I want to be able to have something valuable for it like PvE players are able to sell PvE items.
    The problem is, PvP items cost like 10k per piece tops, because it's so easy to obtain in the first place. I wish they'd add as second, t2 pvp set which would require like 100k glory or something (cap removal will be needed) per piece in order to get it, plus - lost games and bad play should not be rewarded. If you don't kill, don't do damage, don't kill, only die - you should not be rewarded with anything. If someone would think the gear is the problem - that person can go do some PvE and be back more or less geared in order to take it.

This way you at the very least won't have an easy gold farm with selling pieces to vendor, and with bad play and losses not rewarded with anything botting won't be useful anymore, and players who actually do PvP will have something to sell and make AD with.

If you'll make them bound people will just sell those epics to vendor - 1.6g per piece is not so bad afterall.

The issue is that PvP items are not bound. This creates an AD market for the bots to thrive in. Bot's do plenty of damage and occasionally get kills and cap points since they always get mid. On that game where I had 4 bots on my team, I was keeping them alive and doing damage resulting in kills for the bots.

10k a piece? Have you even PvP'd and taken a look at the level 60 PvP gear? It's on average 3.1-4.1k Glory. Weapons are around 5.2k iirc.

Bot's PvP from 10-60, buy PvP items, sell them on the AH for AD and convert the AD to Zen either to resell Zen or Zen Items at a lower price.

It's a simple fix. Instead of lowering the rewards given, bind PvP gear to character when it's bought. You effectively kill the market for bots and you still keep "progression" for your character as you have to PvP for your gear.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    http://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/~swc/pub/bot_identification.html

if they want to get rid of bots then they should hire someone to do it. Link above they sound like they could do it

But then the bot programmers will just add more features to make them better.

How does WoW crack down on bots. I think its not that they crack down so much its you get banned and loose the account. Which costs you money here its slap on the wrist blahblah. Make new account thats free and start over with better bot. Actually the more i think about it i do think thats why we got so many more bots then normal subscription based mmo