test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How can we 'reset' a quest? Or regain an abandoned quest?

kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Yesterday, just before logging out, I accidentally abandoned my next quest from the main story line. Today when I logged in I immediately completed all of the miscellaneous quests I had... Now, I can't remember where I was when I completed the last quest from the main story. This is my 3rd character... LOL. I've been to most places but don't recall what level I was. This character is Lv 17. Where should I be..?? I could jump to the next quest line but that would suck for 3-4 levels.

I tried looking at my completed quests to try to figure out where I could have been but they all show Lv 14. Every quest I've completed was level 14..??!? Additionally, I went back to 3 of the NPCs that I believe were most likely to have held whatever quest I abandoned to get it again... but they didn't have it. This brings me to my next question: If we abandon a quest, can we restart it?
Post edited by kalcipher1 on

Comments

• Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious about this too. I dropped almost all dungeon quests as i was leveling as it was just taking too long to get a group, and i'd out level them so quickly, but now i'm wondering if i could do them in epic versions, or if i missed anything at all. That quest completed journal is "odd" to say the least, mine also shows only one level of quests. :\
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I'm curious about this too. I dropped almost all dungeon quests as i was leveling as it was just taking too long to get a group, and i'd out level them so quickly, but now i'm wondering if i could do them in epic versions, or if i missed anything at all. That quest completed journal is "odd" to say the least, mine also shows only one level of quests. :\

The epic versions show up in the que list automatically upon getting to 60.

---
    Did OP look at the map to see any ! on it? Or go around or the campsites in the last area?
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    The epic versions show up in the que list automatically upon getting to 60.

---
    Did OP look at the map to see any ! on it? Or go around or the campsites in the last area?

I know i can queue for them, i'm more concerned i missed story or some form of progression.
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The difficulty is increased but everything else is the same, as far as lore/story/etc.
    The epic version won't give you credit for the story quest.
  • Options
    vieira77vieira77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalcipher1 wrote: »
    Yesterday, just before logging out, I accidentally abandoned my next quest from the main story line. Today when I logged in I immediately completed all of the miscellaneous quests I had... Now, I can't remember where I was when I completed the last quest from the main story. This is my 3rd character... LOL. I've been to most places but don't recall what level I was. This character is Lv 17. Where should I be..?? I could jump to the next quest line but that would suck for 3-4 levels.

I tried looking at my completed quests to try to figure out where I could have been but they all show Lv 14. Every quest I've completed was level 14..??!? Additionally, I went back to 3 of the NPCs that I believe were most likely to have held whatever quest I abandoned to get it again... but they didn't have it. This brings me to my next question: If we abandon a quest, can we restart it?
    i have the same problem, but i am lvl21 i abandoned quest that where low lvl and i tough i didnt need, now i have no quests to do -.- it might be faster to creat a new one. hope some one can help us
  • Options
    lakalnoobzllakalnoobzl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so no GM or people of more knowledge of the game will try to help us? im having the same problem too -.-
  • Options
    shyguymyshyguymy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, I dropped the main story quest on accident and I have no idea on how to retrieve the quest again
  • Options
    redboardredboard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I abandoned a quest i had in Neverdeath Graveyard because the quest was buggy and I had outleveled the area anyway . Now i hear yu get a bag there when finishing the zone. Is there any way to regain this bag quest line pls anyone?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Once you drop a quest line and you have outleveled the area you cannot get it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nicejob11nicejob11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I have accidently abandoned the Main ''A Companion'' I tried to get it back from Sergeant Knox but it wasn.t available anymore.
  • Options
    o151no151n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My brother has the same problem @brutalfston dropped main quest but apprently is able to get turn ins just have to remember where
  • Options
    juanzq88juanzq88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why do they do that , why a can go maybe, and level to 60, and then want, only to enjoy the history of the game, i can
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    With the story quests, I was able to still pick them up, even overlevelled, by talking to the questgiver, even though they might not show the symbol above them or on the map.

After abandoning a quest, I was immediately able to retake it at the questgiver.

If you party up with someone on the quest, they can share it with you even if you have already completed it. (This will not however give you an extra bag as a reward for the Neverdeath quest if you already have it.)
  • Options
    nikakuki12nikakuki12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How can i abandon my quest ?? cuz i have some stupid quest and i need 4 players to make dat quest...and it gives me nothing 100 xp and somec coopers i don t need dat cuz i m lvl 20 so how can i abandon it ?
  • Options
    mefisto9696mefisto9696 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same problem... abandon quest of artifacts (level 20) and now i can't do it again
    How i can resolve it?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Necroposts are baaaaad. Kelemvor shall be displeased.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.