test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frequent Disconnects anyone else?

shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
My wife and I play together and get frequent disconnects, and instances where the server fails to respond for ~30 seconds.
Anyone else having these problems?
Post edited by shamurai7 on

Comments

• griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, me and my partner are getting loads of disconnects today. We normally get them anyway, but way more than usual today.
  • johneco1johneco1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have only been playing 2 days but the disconnects have me ready to quit. Has this game not already been up for over a month now? I don't get it. What I don't understand is that not everyone gets these right? I thought maybe my video card was not updated or something so I did update it and in fact I did need to do an update at nvidia anyway but..... it didn't matter. Last night after updating the card I still got them.
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I've been getting them like crazy. At least one time every 5 minutes I get 'server not responding' for upwards fo 30 seconds, and about once every 20 minutes I get a total boot from the server forcing me to re login.
    It has made the game unplayable for me.
    Try doing any intense dungeon or pvp when your character freezes for 25 seconds mid battle!
  • jorgy72jorgy72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I'm getting the Server stop responding also 16 seconds then it either responds or starts a 30 second countdown. Happening way to frequent to be playable atm.

1. I've rebooted my PC
    2. Reset Modem and Router
    3 tested with other games such as Rifts no lag issues.

So hard to think this is on my end sounds like Client side.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It would probably help pinpoint where the problems are occurring if people would identify where they are and what service provider they are using.

I have been playing with no disconnects.

Example: USA, Philadelphia, Pa, Verizon
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • evileexevileex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dragon server
    Arkansas, USA
    Suddenlink

and every 5 minutes, Server Not Responding...You Have Been Disconnected.
    its never done this to me till today.

are the hamsters on strike??
  • buddahshoesbuddahshoes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes but it seems to get better... then worse, but it always gets better. lol hey, what do we want for free? orcs heads on platters? we just gotta ride out the newness bugs.
  • buddahshoesbuddahshoes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hamsters lol thank you for that.. was all aggravated and then i saw that and well, life is better now.
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Ping isn't that great, but no frequent disconnects here.
  • bbarhambbarham Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    My wife and I play together and get frequent disconnects, and instances where the server fails to respond for ~30 seconds.
    Anyone else having these problems?

Only all the time since the last patch. Never had trouble before that but now the game is frustrating instead of fun.
    I think I'm done till next patch for anything but crafting.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    For me it happens in spurts. I can play for good amount of time, then it will disconnect 3 or 4 times in a row, then it will function flawlessly again for a while. Happens during transitions from area to area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rayzzzzzyrayzzzzzy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    from today I cannot even enter world cuz im getting disconnected every time it starts loading world. I'm from slovenia my internet connection is 2Mb/384kbs
  • precociousoneprecociousone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been getting intermittent disconnects for a few days probably since the last patch. Sometimes i can play fine, sometimes I log in and get disconnected within two minutes. Today I've been trying to play for four hours but can't stay online for more than two or three minutes. Sometimes it's even knocking my internet connection offline.
    Before anyone jumps in and blames my internet connection. Nothing else on the same internet connection loses connection and playing other games does not cause the problem and I am connected by a cable not by wi-fi.
    I have characters on different servers but the problem persists with all of them.
  • ibramgaunt1ibramgaunt1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    these ^^^ and my internet is fine i can play neverwinter on the pc next to mine with the same connection
    is there a problem with windows 8 perhaps, after the last patch?