test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Background Downloading !

gregwologregwolo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
for the last 2.5 hours i've been sitting at the launcher screen while it downloads some rediculously huge patch.

once the download is done, the patch is not going to be applied. know why? because the content in the patch doesn't go live for another 12 days. but yet, i'm still locked out of the game now.

theres this awesome new technology, just came out, cutting edge. been used in popular mmo's for maybe just 10-15 years or so... its called background downloading. the concept is to slowly and gradually download the content i will need later without causing me to be locked out of the game at any given time. and it also has the bonuses of not frustrating your potential customers, as well as making your company not look like a fossil. i suggest you try it.
Post edited by gregwolo on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gregwolo wrote: »
    ... its called background downloading.

Hmm, perhaps you've got the "Disable on-demand patching" option checked??
  • aelaenaelaen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eldarth wrote: »

I allow on-demand patching, but I'm locked out of playing during my first block of time this week because of it. It's taking forever. It got up to 23% before, but I left to do other things and my computer went to sleep - expected. What wasn't expected was that the *%^@ patch program needs to start at 0% again.

So I've waited hours, but I'm at 3%. And I've had to change my computer settings so it doesn't get reset again.

I'm so fed up right now. Makes me a lot less likely to continue, which means no more Zen purchases.
  • kalyctokalycto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Wow, are you saying that if your computer goes to sleep the patch process resets instead of maintaining where you left off..??

That is ridiculous and should be addressed ASAP given how slow the patching process is...
  • starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gregwolo wrote: »
    for the last 2.5 hours i've been sitting at the launcher screen while it downloads some rediculously huge patch.

once the download is done, the patch is not going to be applied. know why? because the content in the patch doesn't go live for another 12 days. but yet, i'm still locked out of the game now.

theres this awesome new technology, just came out, cutting edge. been used in popular mmo's for maybe just 10-15 years or so... its called background downloading. the concept is to slowly and gradually download the content i will need later without causing me to be locked out of the game at any given time. and it also has the bonuses of not frustrating your potential customers, as well as making your company not look like a fossil. i suggest you try it.

Close the launcher and restart it, it will let you into the game without problem.
    It's a pre-patch download that will only start once you exit neverwinter.
  • lifeafterdeath99lifeafterdeath99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    waiting for 8hours 67proc my god bye bye saterday!
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If it's checked it does 3gig, if unchecked it does 1.5gig.
    eldarth wrote: »
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.