test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Client not responding after login.

bofonicbofonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi right after I hit the "play" button the screen freezes at the "Cryptic" Screen and i get the little blue wheel of doom. When i CTRL ALT Delete out it says not responding. Any ideas? Thanks!
Post edited by bofonic on

Comments

• kolattkolatt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem. Think it might be related to the fact that I closed the patcher after it dl'd 0% in 30 mins.
  • zhaocore86zhaocore86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    getting this right now

"fatal error" unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to patch server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    M I N D F L A Y E R | D C | G W F
  • bofonicbofonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine Glitched out after trying to enter an instance zone...I had to close it..then now Game client problem!
  • silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited June 2013
    Yea I'm hanging after login as well, just stuck on the screen that says cryptic.
  • ventosolo75ventosolo75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bofonic wrote: »
    Hi right after I hit the "play" button the screen freezes at the "Cryptic" Screen and i get the little blue wheel of doom. When i CTRL ALT Delete out it says not responding. Any ideas? Thanks!

same problem here...
  • galelewyth1234galelewyth1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting the same thing. Rebooting the pc didn't help.
  • raizacraizac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    after i got the patch i can not log back in!!! the client locks up and i get (not responding) close program
  • protocentauriprotocentauri Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. Quits right after cryptic logo
  • efirtsdefirtsd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea same here for me and the wife anyone knows whats up with this?
  • alildoalildo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here, kicked me out in middle of a skirmish, now cant get back in.
  • dunrobardunrobar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same can't log in
  • alchemystlordalchemystlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem as bofonic.

Played this morning without incident. When I tried to log in a couple of minutes ago the system freezes at the CRYPTIC screen.
    Have to close the application through Task Master. It showed that the program was "not responding".

PS: I did not have any issue when patching to the latest .47 one
  • ryuk23333ryuk23333 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem but i try the last 3 hours on get back in so why cant the not just fix it be now??
  • anthywolfanthywolf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same issue and i think it's related to account cuz my husband was able to play on his computer and i'm not able on mine. i tried to log in on his computer and it still gives me error message and says timed out and when it pop up with a what is the problem window that goes away before i can type anything.
  • vaashievaashie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens here
    edited June 2013
    OK found solution enter your Neverwinter/live/cache remove the files and start game. worked for me. let me know how that works.
  • ryuk23333ryuk23333 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    try now for i just gat in after 3 hours try
  • cengaverasocengaveraso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it seems deleting cache is working but i cant get login to server this time
  • toira1toira1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sameee hereeeee
  • anthywolfanthywolf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    okay so i was just able to login but then i exited cuz i want to go play on my husbands computer and it automatically is patching itself after i exited? is it supposed to be able to do that without me clicking on it?
    edited June 2013
    hrm well on the wifePC 32 Win7 it worked and she played right away, mine 64 win7 i have to re-patch.
  • alchemystlordalchemystlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    efirtsd wrote: »
    OK found solution enter your Neverwinter/live/cache remove the files and start game. worked for me. let me know how that works.

I tried this and it work. However when I exited the game the login program came on automatically and the system started downloading a patch (1589MB). I think it's redoing the whole think from the beginning. We'll see as the download is very slow.
    Hope it doesn't screw up more of a good thing.

Thank for the solution and I'll update when it's done.
    edited June 2013
    "Quote Originally Posted by fanfarex View Post
    This same problem plagues Star Trek, and it is a very simple fix, hope it helps all you guys/gals out!
    go to your cryptic folder

in windows 7 it is
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

open the folder cache
    delete all contents

then open the folder .patch
    delete all contents

then open the folder prepatch
    then open the folder piggs
    delete all contents

restart you launcher and this will check and repatch, and SHOULD then allow your game to load all the way through.

Good Luck"

Found that in another forum page.
  • thromthrom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    see above posts:confused:
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    throm wrote: »
    see above posts:confused:

Nope, Nope, Nope. Nothing is working. Uninstall, reinstall, delete cache as stated above, seriously pissing me off.
  • belladoriabelladoria Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having a similar issue. I was playing last night, did a character change and the connection timed out. When I tried to relog, I got the message "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to the Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long." I have gotten that message so many times now I practically have it memorized. I have done all of the following without success: reboot computer; turn off computer overnight and try again in the morning; recycle router; send in a ticket (they say they have a high volume of tickets and it may be a while before they can answer, and there has not been anything in my e-mail since); uninstall and reinstall game; uninstall game and reinstall game again; uninstall game, clean registry, remove local prefs and _SWMWindowPosList.txt file and reinstall game; ask friends for help (we're all clueless); force the launcher to show all games and make *sure* it's trying to launch Neverwinter (it is); and threaten to cry - or worse, play a different game! But I want to play Neverwinter. *cry*