test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Warrior Shield Slam floating combat text

bishop2c3bishop2c3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have a level 42 Guardian Warrior. I was observing the floating combat text on my Shield Slam while blocking. The hit shows numbers in yellow progressively getting higher if I continue to engage one enemy. They begin at something like 200 and go as high as 4000. I compared these numbers to the combat log and I don't see them at all. All of my hits are generally the same from 175-225, but considers the hits as Threatening Rush, not Shield Slam. The toolbar changes to the Shield Slam icon when I am in block mode, but the combat log shows there was no change in the type of attack I am doing. The change in the mob's healthbar are consistent with 200ish damage. Am I not understanding the concept here of the abilities that are being used or am I misinterpreting what the yellow floating combat text is altogether?
Post edited by bishop2c3 on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Looks like the same thing happens with Cleave in both block and normal mode. I get the floating combat text that progressively gets larger. I don't see the change in the combat log though. Each hit is 250-450 depending on whether it crits or not. Is this some sort of cumulative total?
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Get Advanced Combat Tracker log parser, way more accurate if you want to see what your abilities are doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bishop2c3 wrote: »
    I have a level 42 Guardian Warrior. I was observing the floating combat text on my Shield Slam while blocking. The hit shows numbers in yellow progressively getting higher if I continue to engage one enemy. They begin at something like 200 and go as high as 4000. I compared these numbers to the combat log and I don't see them at all. All of my hits are generally the same from 175-225, but considers the hits as Threatening Rush, not Shield Slam. The toolbar changes to the Shield Slam icon when I am in block mode, but the combat log shows there was no change in the type of attack I am doing. The change in the mob's healthbar are consistent with 200ish damage. Am I not understanding the concept here of the abilities that are being used or am I misinterpreting what the yellow floating combat text is altogether?

It's showing you the cumulative total for whatever ability you're using... so if it "started at 200 and went as high as 4000", what that means it that your shield slam did a total of 4,000 damage while you were just spamming that one ability.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is there any purpose for showing me the cumulative total, like a stored potential for a combo like some games?