test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seduction of Evil - NW-DAHHHH9IE

sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
I would like to trade some reviews of my first dungeon crawler - Seduction of Evil - NW-DAHHHH9IE

I will review all dungeons for people who who post here or send me an in game mail with their short code.

Help the two daughters of Professor Fylinder Philipotts find their missing father in the family crypt. He has since gone missing after having made important discoveries regarding Demonic language and the nature of magic. This is a fairly large dungeon, but most of the encounters are fairly easy. So it should play fairly quick.

In the first map you have to click on some books hidden in a fire, and only then proceed to the door. The door will be made invisible tonight until the object is completed.

Alternatively there is NW-DG9VGYOEV which has 2 more tele-portals, if you are in a rush.
Post edited by sebillesangrael on

Comments

• sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does no one want a review for their Foundary content?
  • darriot777darriot777 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    I'll trade reviews with you. It's my first foundry quest too.
    Here's mine: NW-DP6JVC2WO
    Be brutal please! :)
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so, the quest bugged out on me and I wasn't able to complete it. Probably because of what happened specifically to me. So I'll tell you what happened.
    I talked to the daughters first then went towards the destination marker. I saw the bookshelf through the fire and clicked on it, didn't get anything, so I moved on. I was kind of distracted by the enemies so I killed them. I saw the ghost and the door. The door had 2 clickable's on it. One dissappeared then the other. When the door didn't open I realized that maybe I did something wrong. I saw that my sparkle trail led back into the fire. Realizing that I missed something I went back in. Clicked on the bookcase again. Only then did I realize that there was a pile of books on the ground that was my quest objective. The fire was pretty good at concealing it like it was. So I collected the journal. The next waypoint led me back to the door which wasn't interactable anymore. I had to leave through the portal you left at the beginning near the two daughters.
    The version I played was NW-DAHHHH9IE
    From what I saw was that this was going to have a little bit of humor in it, which I liked. Also, the dialogue options for dealing with the daughters were pretty complex, so well done there! It looked like the quest would have been fairly neat to play through, but, alas, I didn't get to finish it.
    What little I saw that I didn't like was the 2nd daughters dancing the entire time she was talking. And perhaps the fire was a little too much near the academic journal. I didn't see it (As I mentioned). Also, was there a reason for the bookshelf in the middle of nowhere? Or was that intentional?
  • sebillesangraelsebillesangrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, those are helpful comments, the bookcase is intentional, it also has a clue. There is rubble on the ground, but the fire obscures it. The fire is there to make the first clue hard to find, also this was the clue of fire, there are five clues in all (fire, water, air, etc.) If you get to the second map then the rest of the clues are easy. But maybe the fire is too confusing. I will switch it with smaller fires.

I had issues with the door, I added a map transition, which is why I have the Ghost there, to give hints on how to complete the first map. I hope you can complete the second map and finish the quest.

I will change the door so that one won't be able to see it without the quest objective, that should solve the bug where the door sometimes doesn't open.

I will be reviewing your map tonight.
    edited June 2013
    Okay cool! I'll be checking out yours as well, again. I want to finish it. lol.
    edited June 2013
    Okay,finished it!
    The Good and The bad. First, the good:
    1)Many different enemies kept the encounters engaging. And I must admit, anytime I saw Mindflayer Scourge, I cringed. Those were hard fights for me.
    2) A sprawling map for a dungeon like that was interesting and kept the "collecting mission" fresh.
    3) Always nice to see that some other adventuring party who came before me, failed. Nice touch.
    4) Encounter grouping was nicely spaced. I never had to fight more than one Mob at a time. That makes Higher Level players frustrated, bigtime.
    And the things that could use some work:
    1) There is a way to to make that door only have one option. I'd suggest doing that, since it can jam up your quest like it did for me.
    2) Spelling Error: Hydrangea says her party "was overconfidence." It should be "overconfident"
    3) There is a bodybag stuck halfway in the ground in your dungeon. I'd suggest using the 3d editor to help with placing nearly every object for fine tuning.
    4) When heading to fight Flydner you have to jump up to get in a doorway. Maybe move the elevation or add a piece that lets the player run up on an incline.
    5) The final fight was just a regular group of enemies, granted it was the Mindflayer Scourges my bane, but it was under-dramatic. Which brings up two seperate points. a) Maybe rename the enemies in the dungeons to give them more flavor, sure Imps and Skeletons I expect to see considering the intro, but wererats too are kind of hard to swallow. and b) change some of the costumes of the enemies to give added flavor. Make a Mindflayer look like a demon or a "frankenstien's monster" (if that's what you were going for).
    6) I would close with the daughters having to learn of their father's death and his experiments and why he was "seduced" by evil. It would be nice to get that kind of closure.
    All in all, really good quest! You said this was your first, if I'm not mistaken, so realy good job! I hope my pointers help. :)