test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

there goes another weekend of playing because of PWE fails

drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
this new totally uninformed patch restricts people to login and play. the download is soooo slow that it probably will take all day long .. and if you crash meanwhile you have to start all over again ...

thank you pwe for, once again, ruining a weekend of possible playtime ...
Post edited by drippindagger on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can cancel the patch by closing your launcher, then relaunching the game and BAM you are able to play again. The patch isnt something that is necessary to play at this moment.
  • Options
    drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    i cant do that .. if i close the launcher and start it again .. it just starts the download again ...
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do you have On Demand patching disabled?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yep i have
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And have you tried toggling it?
  • Options
    chelseacraftchelseacraft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well apparently all you have to do is stop it and play your game... or at least that is what it's doing to mine. Every time I exit it tries to patch and fails... 3 times now... but I can get in the game. You may want to see if that is the case. From what I'm hearing the patch hasn't been implemented yet. Or at least that is what ppl playing right now are saying.
  • Options
    rillelrillel Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    The problem isn't the size really. Big patches are to be expected from an MMO. No, the problem is the speed is atrocious.
    I get like 50kB/s speeds here, it will take forever. Anyone knows if turning on "patch via proxy" and then your region will speed things up?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    if i stop the download how am i supposed to play the game? all i can do is click on "patch" again ... i have no "play" button .. so how do you do it?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And have you tried toggling it?

seemed to work .. no more loggin out for me today lol