test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

graveyard camping and access

jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I thought they fixed this. We got outnumbered 5 to 3 thanks to disconnects/buggy matchmaking. I literally had to log out of a PVP match because the opposing team was entirely up in our graveyard. We were getting chain killed immediately upon rez... even while standing in our campfire.
Post edited by jpnole on

Comments

• Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    I thought they fixed this. We got outnumbered 5 to 3 thanks to disconnects/buggy matchmaking. I literally had to log out of a PVP match because the opposing team was entirely up in our graveyard. We were getting chain killed immediately upon rez... even while standing in our campfire.

So what would you want? To be able to stand there and stare at each other from across the invisible wall? Or wait maybe you want to make it so they can't get any where near your respawn point? The closer the enemy gets to your respawn point they start to take damage? Would that make you happy?
  • Options
    finalcatalyst454finalcatalyst454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    So what would you want? To be able to stand there and stare at each other from across the invisible wall? Or wait maybe you want to make it so they can't get any where near your respawn point? The closer the enemy gets to your respawn point they start to take damage? Would that make you happy?

Spawn killing is the most disrespectful thing a person can do in pvp. They need to put spawns in a place that is unreachable from the outside.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spawn killing is the most disrespectful thing a person can do in pvp. They need to put spawns in a place that is unreachable from the outside.

No, the most disrepectful thing a person can do is not fight or leave the game.
  • Options
    belatricisbelatricis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Camping in PvP is really a bad thing but seems that this is the taste of the game makers because much of the games allow that coward practice. I hope that game don't will go that way and fix it to avoid it
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    No, the most disrepectful thing a person can do is not fight or leave the game.
    No. The most disrespectful thing a person can do is kill a person and as soon as they reappear continue to chain kill them. You deserve to have folks abandon that mess. You may not realize this but most people play the game to have fun. They are not having fun if they are being chain killed for 5 minutes straight. Giving a team a minute in a safe place to regroup allows them a chance to recover when a match has gone pear shaped. It is just common sense.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    No. The most disrespectful thing a person can do is kill a person and as soon as they reappear continue to chain kill them. You deserve to have folks abandon that mess. You may not realize this but most people play the game to have fun. They are not having fun if they are being chain killed for 5 minutes straight. Giving a team a minute in a safe place to regroup allows them a chance to recover when a match has gone pear shaped. It is just common sense.

If your whole team gets backed to the spawn then you all deserve to die over and over again
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    If you get spawn camped - you're bad and you deserve it. Instead of whining on the forums you should man up, resist and go win the game.

I hope developers will never listen to people like you and will leave it as it is atm, because there is absolutely no reason for them to allow people be untouched if they just let themselves lose the game. Besides, IMHO voluntarily leaving a PvP zone (also afking and not participating in the fight), should be punished by a 2h ban from the game. Not the domination queue - just ban from the game completely, for two hours.

And in case you want to "have fun" (note the quotes) without any effort, you shouldn't go to PvP in the first place. It's a competition, not a corridor filled with scripted monsters.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spot the posters who love camping.
    Not the one with marshmallows and kumbayahs.
    :rolleyes:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I have camped a spawn before during pvp but that is because of people going afk in the camps. Don't go into pvp and then decide it is time to go afk.

I killed one person 3 time and they never fought back in a camp because they were off doing other things. If no one is afking in the camp then you don't have anything to worry about.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If spawn camping was a problem during true 5v5 matches, then I'd agree this issue needs looked at.

However, spawn camping is only a problem when there are afkers/bots on one team, creating uneven teams which allow one side the freedom to camp the others' spawn.

In other words, spawn camping is a luxury when one team is already guaranteed the win. In a 5v5 match, one of the worst things you can do is hang out near the enemy's spawn, because inevitably some of them will get past you and take the points you aren't guarding.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    If your whole team gets backed to the spawn then you all deserve to die over and over again
    And with that attitude, you deserve to have the team leave the match.
    There is a concept called good sportsmanship which your perspective violates.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    If spawn camping was a problem during true 5v5 matches, then I'd agree this issue needs looked at.

However, spawn camping is only a problem when there are afkers/bots on one team, creating uneven teams which allow one side the freedom to camp the others' spawn.

In other words, spawn camping is a luxury when one team is already guaranteed the win. In a 5v5 match, one of the worst things you can do is hang out near the enemy's spawn, because inevitably some of them will get past you and take the points you aren't guarding.
    Hmmn. Depends on how quickly the enemy is able to kill an individual.
    I am typically able to slip by spawn-camping, but, I wasn't able to get very far or do much damage in the seconds it took to chain-up my hot bar and return me to the camp.
    I'm curious about whether spawn-camping occurs more frequently when a team is at the lowest end of the level range.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spawn camping only typically happens in games that are massively lopsided anyway. In a match that is competitive, neither side is going to be able to successfully kill an entire team as they spawn.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And that's why you don't pvp in a broken game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o