test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: Banned...Perfect World Issue.

rscanlinrscanlin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
" I am sorry but account related issues can't be resolved through the forums and are thus not permitted to be discussed on them.

You must contact customer support by issuing a Support Ticket or by sending an e-mail to customerservice@perfectworld.com in order to appeal any bans. Best of Luck. "

This is in response to closing my previous thread about my brothers temporary ban getting turned into a permanent ban. He made a ticket the hour it happened and has yet to hear back from PW. I do not think my tickets have been answered that I sent weeks ago, so I have little hope of him playing again anytime soon. It is just a sad fact that the tickets take so long and are pretty much trivial as of now. The severity of bans do not fit the offenses that are being acted out. I wish I didnt have to post on the forums to get an answer, but seriously don't close this thread until we get a response on why these bans are becoming permanent....this is a community issue and it has definitely happened to more people then just my brother. It would be greatly appreciated if you didn't close/delete this thread instantly.
Post edited by rscanlin on

Comments

• chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So you're told not to post on the forums about being banned and then try to rekindle a closed thread? This is why youre banned. Got told not to do something, and did it anyhow.
  • ohitswaohitswa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought the ticket system and bug reports were just there for the zazz... We all know that nobody is looking at them!
  • rscanlinrscanlin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    So you're told not to post on the forums about being banned and then try to rekindle a closed thread? This is why youre banned. Got told not to do something, and did it anyhow.

I simply want an answer...and he wasn't told not to do, they did cancel the maintenance that morning to fix it. If the ticket system didnt take so long I wouldnt resort tot his...and If I get forum banned, its only the forums.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And the thing is many of us said that these folks were going to get banned..we were basically laughed at.

And now they're crying...perhaps you should listen next time yes?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they should banned you too. Your brother exploited and they decided to permanent banned him. Does not matter how big or small it was but the fact that is he exploited. Now you come on here and want him to be unbanned because he didn't exploited big enough? He committed a crime and he should be punish no matter how big or small it is.

And BTW a Mod close your thread and you open again with the same Topic, this is not a good start for you. It was close for a reason, you now just disobey their rules once again.
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And the thing is many of us said that these folks were going to get banned..we were basically laughed at.

And now they're crying...perhaps you should listen next time yes?

This is absolutely WRONG because these folks were not the folks that exploited it hard and did not get caught. Those you can just go ingame and look at them. Check out the rank 8/9/10 enchants. Check out the perfect shards. Check out the common names all over the place.These are the people that escape your so called ban hammer while the majority of the common folks/population were slash/ hit and forcefully make to quit this game when trhey tried out something so extensively populated in the chat channel before getting a permanent bam in the head, while the rest of you can make a bid to compete with this seasoned exploiter who has millions and millions of AD stashed in their banks. Go ON .
    edited June 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Maybe they should banned you too. Your brother exploited and they decided to permanent banned him. Does not matter how big or small it was but the fact that is he exploited. Now you come on here and want him to be unbanned because he didn't exploited big enough? He committed a crime and he should be punish no matter how big or small it is.

And BTW a Mod close your thread and you open again with the same Topic, this is not a good start for you. It was close for a reason, you now just disobey their rules once again.

Yes the forum posted guys brother commited a offense. But do you understand the severity of a permanent ban as compared to a temporary suspension? Do I need to give you the death sentence for committing theft? Even though theft in its purest form is still considered a crime?But punishment should be meted out base on severity?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pwskball wrote: »
    Those you can just go ingame and look at them. Check out the rank 8/9/10 enchants. Check out the perfect shards.

Riiiight.

Hmm, 17 rank 8, 2 rank 9, 0 rank 10. No perfect.

Seems like they got the right people to me.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »

Exploiting a game is wrong but it's certainly not a CRIME. It's one thing to discuss bans and the reasons for it. It's another thing for the thread to be closed simply because someone felt like it.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is absolutely WRONG because these folks were not the folks that exploited it hard and did not get caught. Those you can just go ingame and look at them. Check out the rank 8/9/10 enchants. Check out the perfect shards. Check out the common names all over the place.These are the people that escape your so called ban hammer while the majority of the common folks/population were slash/ hit and forcefully make to quit this game when trhey tried out something so extensively populated in the chat channel before getting a permanent bam in the head, while the rest of you can make a bid to compete with this seasoned exploiter who has millions and millions of AD stashed in their banks. Go ON .

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

These mythical people who have millions while the poor innocent suffer is BS. I know for a fact, that Cryptic went through methodically, to even track down the mules of the perpetrators, the very few that were caught in the crossfire had their accounts reinstated with an apology.

He (you) broke the rules he (you) was caught..learn from it and move on.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited June 2013
    And how many of these rank 8 are from the same person? With such cheap prices, most of them are already bought out at this point of time.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exploiting a game is wrong but it's certainly not a CRIME. It's one thing to discuss bans and the reasons for it. It's another thing for the thread to be closed simply because someone felt like it.

The thread was closed (like this one will be) because it's against forum rules. This one is a double, because the OP was told that he can't post this on the forums, so he's also reposting locked threads.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited June 2013
    And how many of these rank 8 are from the same person? With such cheap prices, most of them are already bought out at this point of time.

I'll humor you just this once, even though your assertion of rank 8/9/10 and perfects all over the place was bogus.

There's 1 person with 2 rank 8's, 1 person with 3. The rest are all singleton.
    edited June 2013
    Best thing to do is just wait and see what they have to say on your support ticket, posting on this forums is against the rules and it will not help you. I'm sorry to say but the chance of getting an account back is very slim if you exploited in their game. I think there is more to what the OP is telling us about his brother. Maybe Cryptic scan through the log and find out that he exploited that worth a permanent banned because he got 2 emails. But discussing this on the forums is against the rules so like I said do what the Mod tell you and see what happen from there.
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I'll humor you just this once, even though your assertion of rank 8/9/10 and perfects all over the place was bogus.

There's 1 person with 2 rank 8's, 1 person with 3. The rest are all singleton.

I wouldnt go on to debate with you now. At this point of time, those higher rank enchants are already bought out. Those people that already earn a profit has earn that profit. So yea debating it as of now has no concrete point.
  • expl0iterexpl0iter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I AM AN EXPLOITER, STILL PLAYING. AMA.

Hello, this is my anonymous account to protect my identity.

I laugh at all the people who are defending Cryptic and hating on all the people who got banned, as if some justice was served and the world is now safe. Except not, you are not looking at the bigger picture; a lot of these concerns about severity are legitimate.

Here's why. I made MILLIONS of AD in profit. I was lucky enough to browse the forums the minute the exploit was posted. I immediately started buying OUT all the shards, and making lessers after lessers, and then normals, and then greaters. I WAS DOING THIS FOR HOURS. FOR HOURS. I first made greaters for myself, and then started selling the rest. I could have made more, but there were NO MORE shards to buy, market was empty! And some that were being sold were way overpriced, like a Vorpal shard for 75K AD, when a lesser Vorpal enchantment was only going for ~100-150K. I sold at least 10 lessers, several normals, and one greater, also a bunch of rank 6-8 enchantments. It was getting late into the night, I was tired, and went to sleep.
    When I woke up, I found out a couple of my guild mates were banned, they found out about the exploit too late, they have only made one lesser to see what the fuss was all about, in disbelief that it was still going on and how game-breaking it was. Moments later they were banned. They got unlucky.

BLAME THE SYSTEM.
    edited June 2013
    expl0iter wrote: »

I laugh at all the people who are defending Cryptic and hating on all the people who got banned, as if some justice was served and the world is now safe. Except not, you are not looking at the bigger picture; a lot of these concerns about severity are legitimate.

Here's why. I made MILLIONS of AD in profit. I was lucky enough to browse the forums the minute the exploit was posted. I immediately started buying OUT all the shards, and making lessers after lessers, and then normals, and then greaters. I WAS DOING THIS FOR HOURS. FOR HOURS. I first made greaters for myself, and then started selling the rest. I could have made more, but there were NO MORE shards to buy, market was empty! And some that were being sold were way overpriced, like a Vorpal shard for 75K AD, when a lesser Vorpal enchantment was only going for ~100-150K. I sold at least 10 lessers, several normals, and one greater, also a bunch of rank 6-8 enchantments. It was getting late into the night, I was tired, and went to sleep.
    When I woke up, I found out a couple of my guild mates were banned, they found out about the exploit too late, they have only made one lesser to see what the fuss was all about, in disbelief that it was still going on and how game-breaking it was. Moments later they were banned. They got unlucky.

BLAME THE SYSTEM.

Prove it.

Oh that's right, you can't.

Because you made it all up.
    edited June 2013

BLAME THE SYSTEM.

And I bet this is his brother opening another account with different IP Address and email -_-
    edited June 2013

BLAME THE SYSTEM.

Heya is cool yo u know we can only blame ourselves for discovering and following it late. Yet these illusional kids still believe solely that Cryptic had caught the real masters of these exploits and they are playing truely in a fair and equal world. GO on kids GO ON.
  • adfanujnadfanujn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    The thread was closed (like this one will be) because it's against forum rules. This one is a double, because the OP was told that he can't post this on the forums, so he's also reposting locked threads.

I'm actually surprised the forums aren't covered with this **** since they're not responding to monetary issues, and I don't think it's wrong for people to contact a company in any way possible when they're not responding to them. I actually think it's bad form for them to close the threads.
    What they should be doing is putting up an issues subforum and moving the posts there.

Also, exploiting isn't actually a crime and it's ridiculous to call it that whoever made that, "He committed a crime." statement.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no a crime is against the Law of a society. You are merely in breach of the contract you signed with PWE/Cryptic before creating your first character.

k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Please continue dealing with support. You can read this news post for more information into the long response times and what is being done to address that situation.

For that you have my apologies but you may not discuss this on the forums. The forum staff can do nothing about your situation so please continue going through the proper channels to appeal his ban.

Rules of Conduct
    No representing banned members.
    Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own characters being banned from the forums.

No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.
This discussion has been closed.