test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banned (changed from Temporary to permanent)???

rscanlinrscanlin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My brother receive an email with this,

This account has been temporarily suspended for abusing an exploit involving enchantment and runestone fusing. The use of exploits is expressly prohibited in our Terms of Service (http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms) to which you agreed upon creating this account. Section 10 subsection L states:

This is no big deal, yes he did the enchantment thing, but reported it in the bug issues and attempted to recreate other ways to do so and help fix the game so others could not abuse this... Yet today after waiting over three days to play again since it was his first ever offense he receives this email,

This account has been permanently banned for abusing an exploit involving enchantment and runestone fusing. The use of exploits is expressly prohibited in our Terms of Service (http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms) to which you agreed upon creating this account.

He has put 15+ days gametime into his account and has only strived to make it better, among other things he is our guild leader so our guild is not ruined. No responses from anyone from perfect world to make the issue clear, this is absurd getting banned for something so minute during open beta when we are trying to find broken issues to be fixed... I am hoping posting this on the forums could possibly get his ban looked and revoked since it is ridiculous in how this all went down. I would like to play with my brother again.
Post edited by rscanlin on

Comments

• bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure he is an innocent man caught up in a wide ranging dragnet perpetrated by the enemies of freedom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Go ahead and contact customerservice@perfectworld.com. That is the only way to appeal bans.
  • rscanlinrscanlin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After waiting out a temporary ban its just kind of mean, the kid didnt even do it to the xtreme as the people on dragon or try making a fortune off it. He did almost get all rank 6 & 7's in his gear though.
  • slimjim150slimjim150 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's crazy. People got away with AH exploit, loot exploit, 72 hour bans. A stupid gem fusion exploit they lose their account? Not just NW, but ALL the games connected to PW. PW, you are a PoS.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    slimjim150 wrote: »
    That's crazy. People got away with AH exploit, loot exploit, 72 hour bans. A stupid gem fusion exploit they lose their account? Not just NW, but ALL the games connected to PW. PW, you are a PoS.

They knew it was an exploit and proceeded to continue with their actions. They are not innocents.
  • ohitswaohitswa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is absurd.. I know of players that have 50,000,000+ AD and who knows how much Zen/Gold.. From an exploit a few weeks ago that are still playing and completely controlling all forms of the economy.. Why aren't they perma-banned?
  • ohitswaohitswa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ Who wants a screenshot I was sent of an inventory with 127,893,928 AD and 88 greater plaguefires.. He was on today.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    It might depend on the severity of how much someone exploited, but a permanent ban does seem quite harsh in light of the other exploits that got 72 hour bans.
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Afew of us got the same email too saying that we exploited. One only need to look at the AH now, look at the rank 8/9 enchants and you will see that alot of them are from the same person. These are the people that truely exploited it for the profit. In contrast, alot of the stuff that we had, and we make were already there in the first place. Instead , we got a permanent ban. I do not know how the GM deem fit that we exploited shards from our own bag as being more severe then people that exploited it for their own profit and reaping off people money ingame That being said, 10 people from my guild were ban, these 10 were the remaining people that were still supporting the game because we believe that it had a chance of becoming a success, until 10 of us were just plucked out of the game in that manner after we tested how it was done after seeing people advertising it in the chat channel. I have to say it again, in no way did we exploited it and got ourselves profit from there. In addition, since we were a hardcore guild, afew of us had afew of the greater enchants already in our bag that we were waiting to put into better equipments. I do not know if the gm upon seeing it allocated the fusement of those enchants as a result of the exploits without checking deep and further. I believe so after seeing the permanent bans issued to us. Mind you, we do put alot of effort into the game in excess of 16 hours a day and yet all we get is a permanent ban whereas if u notice those exploiter, the true exploiter are still ingame earning tons of AD through exploiting.
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rscanlin wrote: »
    After waiting out a temporary ban its just kind of mean, the kid didnt even do it to the xtreme as the people on dragon or try making a fortune off it. He did almost get all rank 6 & 7's in his gear though.

In your first post you say he found out about how to do it and then reported it. In your second post you say well he only exploited a little. It's obvious your parents raised a couple of scumbags and I'm just sad there is no way to keep both of you off the game for good.
  • nightskysxznightskysxz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ohitswa wrote: »
    That is absurd.. I know of players that have 50,000,000+ AD and who knows how much Zen/Gold.. From an exploit a few weeks ago that are still playing and completely controlling all forms of the economy.. Why aren't they perma-banned?

because you have not reported them. My guess is you dont know people and are just saying this to troll.
  • abysuusabysuus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    slimjim150 wrote: »

They were effectively duping coal wards which is something PW sells for zen aka directly affecting there bottomline
  • rscanlinrscanlin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They knew it was an exploit and proceeded to continue with their actions. They are not innocents.

He did not do it nearly or even remotely to the level that the people who made money did, he did not make a profit....and this was after they canceled the scheduled maintenance to fix it.
  • pweisacuntlickerpweisacuntlicker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quit this pos game. No more PW games for me ever.
    edited June 2013
    He did not do it nearly or even remotely to the level that the people who made money did, he did not make a profit....and this was after they canceled the scheduled maintenance to fix it.

Exploitation does not need to be measured on a who did more scale. He exploited and that is the end of it. He knew it was wrong and continued. He got what he deserved no matter what game is being played.
  • nightskysxznightskysxz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013

But he still did it lol. Enjoy the ban scumbags.
  • bobothewizbobothewiz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll bet the IRS was monitoring his phone records when he called you and told you about a new exploit in the game.
    edited June 2013
    Hey I do know of people with still 20-30million AD in the game, as we were told that we were not supposed to name names here.

These people in contrast ,for exploiting the gf bug and Auction house bug, got away with a 72 hour ban, although some did got permanent ban. This time round, in a bug that in no way would really affect the economy except dropping the price of coalescent ward, people were handed permanent bans which I had no idea whatsoever how did this warrant a permanent ban as compared to the earlier bugs that people got away scott free.

In all my years of gaming, these is one of the more significantly minor bugs that was out there, that people did take advantage of, but was handed the most severe ban. Did people out there not understand the basic concepts of meting out punishment base on severity of offense make? So i should start handing out death sentence to thieves, while handing 1 year imprisonment to murderers?
    edited June 2013
    pwskball wrote: »
    Hey I do know of people with still 20-30million AD in the game, as we were told that we were not supposed to name names here.

These people in contrast ,for exploiting the gf bug and Auction house bug, got away with a 72 hour ban, although some did got permanent ban. This time round, in a bug that in no way would really affect the economy except dropping the price of coalescent ward, people were handed permanent bans which I had no idea whatsoever how did this warrant a permanent ban as compared to the earlier bugs that people got away scott free.

In all my years of gaming, these is one of the more significantly minor bugs that was out there, that people did take advantage of, but was handed the most severe ban. Did people out there not understand the basic concepts of meting out punishment base on severity of offense make? So i should start handing out death sentence to thieves, while handing 1 year imprisonment to murderers?

Dont name names here then, report them to support. Simple as that.
    edited June 2013
    Did your brother pay anything to PWE for this game/?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I am sorry but account related issues can't be resolved through the forums and are thus not permitted to be discussed on them.

You must contact customer support by issuing a Support Ticket or by sending an e-mail to customerservice@perfectworld.com in order to appeal any bans. Best of Luck.
This discussion has been closed.