test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The perfect Xpadder config for NeverWinter (Take 3)

jackal242jackal242 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay. The last one I posted was before I had my cleric high enough to have the Tab/Toggle power.

And that was before I realized you could map ALL THREE of your Encounter power (the red ones) to Q, E and R. So I have to redo it.

capture3dd.png

This maps Q, E, and R to a Y, X, and B. So Y is like your fierce in a regular game. And A is your usual JUMP (spacebar).

Tab is Start. So you can toggle on your Tab power with Start.

Dodge works by pressing the left joystick click (press). Shift while going in a direction causes you to Dodge.

And F (interact) is mapped to Right joystick click (press).

Potions are 3,4,5 on the left arrow pad. It's perfect! :)
Post edited by jackal242 on

Comments

• chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the perfect one for the logitech dual action/playstation types:

tJABPEU.jpg
    @Powerblast in game
  • vinieeboyvinieeboy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it fun to play NW with a controller? If so, I should give it a try :)
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's fun for me because I can't get the hang of mouse controller camera movement, so putting it on the joysticks of the controller works far better for me.
    @Powerblast in game
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is this evil looking device ? My logitec trackball only has 2 buttons :(
  • cdawg4090cdawg4090 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ignore post, figured out problem.
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've never played this game without a controller. Using xpadder and an X-Box 360 controller myself. 360 Controller is perfect for stuff like MMOs because of the overabundance of buttons. Throw on a headset for voice chat and I don't need to touch a keyboard at all.
  • marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it possible to set up an Xbox 360 controller for NW? Also how do you deal with moving your targeting recital? It seems like it would be awkward. Thanks
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    your setup fails for this simple reason. You should NEVER have to remove your thumbs from the sticks. This will cause deaths. All attack buttons should be the left and right shoulder/triggers with only one on an actual button. You know, you can make macros with xpadder. also, investigate the hold/release options. Too much fun. PM me if you want my configuration.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    marokkrell wrote: »
    Is it possible to set up an Xbox 360 controller for NW? Also how do you deal with moving your targeting recital? It seems like it would be awkward. Thanks

You can buy USB X-Boc 360 controllers for the PC. Its actually not awkward at all. I use one analog stick for movement and the other for the camera. The d-pad is my misc stuff ( Autorun, interact, etc ). Shoulders for dailies and for dodging/blocking. Etc etc.

It works very very well with Neverwinter as Neverwinter has a more action oriented kind of combat design. However, previous to this I used it to play The Secret World and GW2. Basically if its an mmo where the skill bar has 10-12 buttons or less it can be done comfortably on an X-Box 360 controller. You just use a shoulder trigger as modifier for the other buttons.

jjeshop wrote:
    your setup fails for this simple reason. You should NEVER have to remove your thumbs from the sticks. This will cause deaths. All attack buttons should be the left and right shoulder/triggers with only one on an actual button.

No, actually, it doesn't. I've never been killed by my xpadder set up >.>

If we were talking a more traditionally old school MMO control scheme where you had to rely a lot on panning for stuff like pvp, sure ( DaoC for example ). But for more modern action oriented MMOs its not a problem. Hell, especially for Neverwinter where attacking plants you in place anyway.
  • blarrg07blarrg07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone have a setup for a 360 controller? I just can't seem to get it right
  • apropos2fireapropos2fire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I searched and found a couple closed threads that spoke of gamepads, and I'm still searching but does anyone have any advice for my G13? I *finally* got my client un-bugged and can get in-game. But I keep reaching for my gamepad and have to move back to the keyboard.

I checked Logitech and they don't have Neverwinter listed... I don't think that Neverwinter Nights (which they do have) would be the same though I don't know for sure yet. I set up my G13 but the game isn't detecting my, for instance, 'W' (or any) presses from it.

Surprisingly, my generic-ish game mouse 2nd middle button that I have mapped to move backwards in GW2 is working in NW! So I can dodge backwards very efficiently with it. However, it only has 2 thumb buttons though so it's not suitable for my NW needs.

If I figure out how to make my G13 work with NW then I'll make a note to post it in this thread; but maybe some reader has already worked it out and can post about it? Thanks!

mili

postscript: Apologies if I have missed the solution so far - as I said, I'm still searching.

keywords: Logitech, G13, Gamepad