test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym update

dracbowdracbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This looks really great I can't wait to see it in action. One question the way it reads is you will have to be in a guild to participate. My question is will you have to have 20 or more people in the same guild or can smaller groups of 2-5 people participate they just need to be guilded?
Post edited by dracbow on

Comments

• Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's a good question. Guess we will find out soon.

I'm going to guess that the queue will pull in four groups of five players. The five players would be from the same guild but not necessarily all 20.
    I could be way off but for discussion purposes this is a possibility.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am hoping that this must-be-in-a-guild requirement is only for the PvP aspects of Gauntlgrym because if a solo, unguilded player of level 60 can't get in, then I'm done.
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im in a very small guild of 8 people, all of us are real life friends with diferent work schedules, so normally there is only 3/5 or even less of us online at the same time..

Will we be able to queue as a 5 man group when we are all online at the weekends and will i be able to solo queue when no1 is online?
    or this will be in a WoW raid format where you have to be in a full party to be able to do the new zone?

If i cant solo queue its going to suck, and i see many players around guildless so i guess that going to suck for them too..
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I will wait til the Module pack because frankly gauntlygrym sounds stupid, I don't want to have to pvp to get to do tiered content, what moron came up with that asinine idea.

If the module pack brings sufficient new content, it will be acceptable, but if it does not, that'll be all she wrote for me.
  • Options
    jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grienne wrote: »
    I will wait til the Module pack because frankly gauntlygrym sounds stupid, I don't want to have to pvp to get to do tiered content, what moron came up with that asinine idea.

If the module pack brings sufficient new content, it will be acceptable, but if it does not, that'll be all she wrote for me.

It could end up being like wintersgrasp in WoW. Once the PvP portion is over you can come in and do the dungeon/raid.
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    my guess:
    you have to be in a guild so you can get assigned to a fraction
    the raid itself you can pug then
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »
    my guess:
    you have to be in a guild so you can get assigned to a fraction
    the raid itself you can pug then

probably. but still: no faction without guild, no faction no entry.

also: hf being part of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> faction that never wins (cause we all know 2 faction systems are always equal)
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it will be a glorious day to play with all these pvp-virgins that been hiding on PVE content :)

Let the blood be spilled!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    veritaseversorveritaseversor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope the system works as follows;
    You can queue up as a solo player. - I just want to play without goign through the hassle of making my own team
    You can queue up as a team - up to 5 players. - We have 5 people, queue us up with other teams, we can carry XD.
    You can queue up as a team allied with other teams - My team allies with xxheartthrobxx's, jimbob's and bignoobslayer2's parties
    You can form parties up to 20 players - I know a lot of people and they are all ready to play.

BIG NONO's
    If you can't get into the dungeon by yourself.
    If you have to be in a 5 man party to queue.
    If there is absolutely no way to pick ALL 20 members on your team.

Hopefully there is some sort of queueing place specifically for gauntylgrim where you can have people join your party- perhaps including password protection. Where you can wait with an x/20 showing and can see other memebrs who have joined. Can recruit people from Zone chat and message them the password, can queue up to play with any number of players in your party from 1-20. Perhaps you have 16 people from guild on- have them all join the party queue up and get 4 randoms.

The downside is that there might not be enough people queing for it after a few weeks. You need 40 players and if everyone is being pick - I.e. There could be 100 people queued up but in group #'s that never add up to 20.

EDIT*** Just saw the "must be in a guild to participate" Might mean that if you queue you will get in with people from your guild, and allied guilds 1st. Or could just mean that your guild chooses a faction- and then you will always be in that faction during gauntylgrim, but not necessarily with anyone from your guild ....
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    it will be a glorious day to play with all these pvp-virgins that been hiding on PVE content :)

That statement is based on the belief that PvP in Neverwinter is based on skill right now, which is pretty far from the truth. Endgame PvE'ers can hit three buttons in succession as well and rack up kills as well as anyone. As much as people raged about diminishing returns, resilience, and PvP Class Rebalances, there was a serious reason why WoW had to do that if they wanted to keep PvP in the game as anything more than a novelty.

I won't lie though, it's hilarious to hop on my CW alt with a few friends and send a rogue to perma-challenge flags, while we simply rotate CC and explode the entire team in a matter of seconds.

As to Gaunt, I'm kind of a split mind. I like the idea of making it so that it's just 5-man queue's as that keeps the endgame valid for any players who wish it, keeping the game healthier overall as I'm sure there is no bigger draw than 'You and four friends can do anything in this game without needing thirty other people,' but I also understand the frustration of being forced into non-guild runs even if you have the numbers to do otherwise.
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I must be in a guild to experience this content? Ugh, I hate gated content almost as much as PVP. I’m certainly not doing the guild thing anymore. Oh well, to you guys that enjoy this type of play, have fun. If this type of content keeps the game healthy, then I’m all for it.

My plan is to run the foundries until Fury of the Feywild comes out in the summer. Cryptic might just throw us soloers a big juicy bone with that expansion. Hopefully, I won’t become obsessed with another MMO while I’m waiting.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That statement is based on the belief that PvP in Neverwinter is based on skill right now, which is pretty far from the truth.

Shush, you'll make him cry. Don't shatter his illusions. He's keen that we all know how much he paid to win, and now we need to applaud those wins as an act of unique genius.
  • Options
    ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    gautlgrym will be 3 distinct events... you dont need to participate to all. guild is only so they know on which side to assign you since you could possibly just do the dungeon or the pvp.

Guild only is to tag a price on faction selection so people dont flip allegiance each run depending on who wins. You can still have a one man guild and queue solo and get grouped with other people from other guilds. If you dont queue together with your guildmate you will not get a guaranteed place with them is my bet.
  • Options
    bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013

Can't tell if prefers easy targets or just bad....