test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T1 and T2 in gauntlgrym really?what a fail

seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Me and many players expected soem extra new drop from gauntlgrym.
Whats the point for tryharding with 20 ppl while i can get that items a lot easier by doing 5 man dgs?
no new drop - fail idea.
Post edited by seraphid on

Comments

• lilmoemelilmoeme Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about something different to do? Jesus man everyone says they are tired of running CN a million times, we get a new dungeon thats actually pretty different, and here we are again. Complaining.

You guys are driving me nuts
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    Whats the point for tryharding with 20 ppl while i can get that items a lot easier by doing 5 man dgs?
    no new drop - fail idea.

"Herp derp I heard one wurd now I must freak out."

Take a look at the video, see the armor? Now try to find that armor in game. SCIENCE!
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no new drop - fail idea.

Maybe theres a difference between t1/2 dungeon gear and t1/2 raid gear?

Maybe we should wait until the content goes live before we qq or fanboy the **** out of it.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jesus....the entitlement is so thick you can cut it with a Falchion. I want to do Gauntlygrim for the experience, and camaraderie, no unless it lengthens the e-peen, and powers the chest thump the current crop of "gamers" don't want anything to do with it. :rolleyes:

I said this for SWTOR and I'll say it for Neverwinter, they should not kowtow to a demographic that is going to hate them no matter what, not when there are thousands upon thousands of players begging to shove money in their pockets for smaller 1-5 player content.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • newtype88newtype88 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whine, whine, whine.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Jesus....the entitlement is so thick you can cut it with a Falchion. I want to do Gauntlygrim for the experience, and camaraderie, no unless it lengthens the e-peen, and powers the chest thump the current crop of "gamers" don't want anything to do with it. :rolleyes:

I said this for SWTOR and I'll say it for Neverwinter, they should not kowtow to a demographic that is going to hate them no matter what, not when there are thousands upon thousands of players begging to shove money in their pockets for smaller 1-5 player content.

Let's just hope that the design lets you add new people to the raid if half your group decides they don't want T1 and log off after losing the first two stages.

That of course means you'll probably have raid leaders kicking people to invite friends and guildies if they win and unlock t2 but hey.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    newtype88 wrote: »
    Whine, whine, whine.

Wine, wine, wine
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013

I agree.. these types of gamers consume content at all neck blazing pace and they will just trash your game and leave anyway. No sense in bending backwards for them.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree.. these types of gamers consume content at all neck blazing pace and they will just trash your game and leave anyway. No sense in bending backwards for them.

They also spend all kinds of money on tenebrous, plaguefire, and epic mounts. That's a lot of revenue to ignore. :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I don't think they are doing anything to pacify any one group. It seems likely to me that this was planned and worked out from the start. They seem to have been shooting for a game that has aspects that cater to most every demographic, and this was just the last part they will release.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just maybe the Tier 1/Tier 2 gear they are referring too is actually RAID gear. Hard concept I know....

Even harder concept is "wait and see......".
  • hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    Wine, wine, wine

Mmmmmmmm Merlot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    no new drop - fail idea.

Well I heard that in the future new players will have access to new races and classes. We should complain about that too!
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    I heard in the future we will live on Mars, what about us on Earth? We want to live on Mars too, not fair.
  • thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You want experience and camaraderie? How entitled of you. The entire experience will involve running down a straight hallway, and you'll be split from your 'comrades' for over 90% of the time.

Seriously though, entitlement is something people toss around on the internet way too much and it's losing all meaning.

OP just wanted a different experience than what the devs made, no need to use loaded language.
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I, for one, am glad there's no new gear in Gauntlgrym, and hope it stays that way. The core progression content should be open to everyone with minimal preferences or restrictions. Gauntlgrym is limited appeal content only for people who are in guilds, like or at least tolerate both PvE and PvP, and who like or at least tolerate giant 20-person "Charlie-Foxtrots". No thank you. :)
  • ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    I think the developpers failed at communicating clearly what Gauntlgrym was going to be. People are shooting premade idea around and semi-informed stuff that would benefit from clarification. From what i understand, the Gauntlgrym events (plural here) will introduce new rewards both for PVE and PVPers. The Tier may be equal to what already exist but will most likely be new sets or stand alone pieces. The items that drops should be unique but belong to these tiers of itemization. The dungeon related to Gauntlgrym are 5 man groups so the items are most likely not raid level items. Coins are purple so i guess gear must be decent ...

The event requires people to be in "aligned" guilds because the events are individual events that do not require you to partake to all of them. Your guild align to one of 2 sides and the 2 first events (competitive PVE and PVP) will determine which faction will have access to which dungeon. So if you dont want to belong to a real guild you just make your own 1-man guild and you align it as you want. The events will be similar to other instanced events, you will queue up individually or with a team and you will be joined to other players to complete the required amount of players. So if you dont like PVP ... dont participate in the PVP event... Of course if the PVP team aligned to your side lose then you will be stuck with the T1 dungeon ... although maybe its what people will want since T2 arent so easy to complete ;).

I can see a potential pitfal to this whole event though... PVPers get the last word on which dungeon PVErs will get. Since there is bad blood between the communities there might be people interested in deliberately losing for their side ...
  • pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    ...Gauntlgrym is limited appeal content only for people who are in guilds...
    So codependency is encouraged because they believe it will retain players and independence is discouraged because... what? Its too independent?
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    Wine, wine, wine

Want some cheese with that? lol

Wait till you experience it at least before you cry foul. Even if the stats are the same as the dungeon gear, could be new models. Give it a chance at least. Jeesh!
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Well Said Bruv..... finally we see something different from an mmo, and lets hope they stick with it, some pvp gauntlet style ;)