test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Size

xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone know how big the patch is (for the one we just had NW.1.20130416a.47).
Mine is still at 50% with almost 500MB downloaded!! And it's still going o.O
Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
Waiting for a cool sig T.T
Post edited by xiolin on

Comments

• Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you uncheck on demand?
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I had everything downloaded before by using that option. But still i just now unchecked it just in case. Started patching again from 49% onwards :(
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xiolin wrote: »
    Anyone know how big the patch is (for the one we just had NW.1.20130416a.47).
    Mine is still at 50% with almost 500MB downloaded!! And it's still going o.O

The patch to the test server was a couple gigs I think. Not sure if that's creating another copy or if that's just the big patch that's coming.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5gb give or take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The patch to the test server was a couple gigs I think. Not sure if that's creating another copy or if that's just the big patch that's coming.

I downloaded the test server patch last night and played on it for a while. From the looks of it, i've downloaded about 600MB now :/

EDIT: @maximilious Seriously? Just for this patch? Wow
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe I downloaded a little under 2GBs. The rest it copied from the live servers folder.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I downloaded the test server patch last night and played on it for a while. From the looks of it, i've downloaded about 600MB now :/

EDIT: @maximilious Seriously? Just for this patch? Wow

No, he can't read the progress info properly. The total assets are 7172MB. The delta on today's preview download against yesterday's live is about two gigs. HTH.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just to clear any misunderstanding, i'm talking about the patch that was just released today after maint (the one which patch the gf armor exploit and stuff). Hard to think that alone is so big. It's still stuck at 49% and continues to download. On the patched part it says (48.9MB/99MB), yet so far i have recieced more than 1GB now
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    Right now my patcher's been on ever since maintenance ended and it says 4gb/7gb... and i've downloaded all patches before this, including the one you get for disabling on demand..
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm still patching it. 7gigs for the test server. I do have on demand disabled. Not sure if that makes a difference on the test server. Probably does though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wish they'd at least post the patch size on the notes. And here i thought i was doing something wrong and it kept on downloading and downloading and downloading =D
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just to clear any misunderstanding, i'm talking about the patch that was just released today after maint (the one which patch the gf armor exploit and stuff). Hard to think that alone is so big. It's still stuck at 49% and continues to download. On the patched part it says (48.9MB/99MB), yet so far i have recieced more than 1GB now

The patch this morning was not all that big. Only took a minute or two. The test server download (for me) has been going for about 15 minutes. Wonder if you somehow started downloading that.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    The patch this morning was not all that big. Only took a minute or two. The test server download (for me) has been going for about 15 minutes. Wonder if you somehow started downloading that.

Really?? But i selected the Neverwinter one (not the preview server).
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    stormysg wrote: »
    Right now my patcher's been on ever since maintenance ended and it says 4gb/7gb... and i've downloaded all patches before this, including the one you get for disabling on demand..

This sounds like you are downloading the test server since 7gb is about the size of that download.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Argh, i closed it and selected it again and it's still downloading the test server patch.

EDIT: I can login to the test server but it is still patching for the normal one