test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Gateway full of bugs?

tymefortymefor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been trying to use the gateway while at work all week now and have constantly been hit by a rather large number of problems. I haven't seen any posts about them so i was wondering if anyone else has had the same sort of problems?

1. excessively slow auction house searches.
2. Professions job list not realizing what level in that profession you, displays jobs as locked when they shouldn't be. eg level 8 task locked even though profession at level 10. you are still able to start this task but it displays as unavailable.
3. Profession tasks get stuck on 0% time remaining and will not complete. re-log or login to game fixes this most of the time.
4. also what i feel like is a lot of lag generally on the site. but that's just a gripe mostly.

Id love to see the logic of the "start new task" button take you to the last task that was selected, first, rather than the top of the list
Post edited by tymefor on

Comments

• Options
    nonameisfinenonameisfine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to add that for me, I can only access 3 of 5 characters in the gateway. The other two do nothing when I click them from the character selection screen.

Annoying since one of the two is my current main.
  • Options
    elmarcoelmarco Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue not being able to access one of my characters. Apparently its due to there being a ' in your name but PW hasn't said anything about it yet :(
  • Options
    vindojeensvindojeens Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are lucky guys for being able to access it. I can't even do that. For "security reasons" it tries to memorize my browser, demands for a one-time code I should have received on my email (which I don't) and now I can't even login.
  • Options
    wulfwisewulfwise Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Auughhhh!!!!
    All my chars who are crafters have a ( ' ) in their surname ... hope they fix that soon LOL
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vindojeens wrote: »
    You are lucky guys for being able to access it. I can't even do that. For "security reasons" it tries to memorize my browser, demands for a one-time code I should have received on my email (which I don't) and now I can't even login.

Ha...I have the same problem. Can't even access the **** thing now because I never received the code either.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh ... Yes their are bugs in the 5 day old system but you do realize that at least for a job you should be able to do being greyed out .you can usually just go ahead and take the job anyway. I've done it several times over the last week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yoeduuhyoeduuh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the nuisance of the new "security code" problem. I've been using Gateway for a while, and this has popped up only in the last couple of days. But it is now generating the email <every> time I log in through a browser, even on ones that I have "saved" the code for each time. (I'm getting this both on my Win 8/IE10 config and on my iPad/Chrome connection.)

As to the tasks, I've been able to start any task of a suitable level, even when they initially show as "not available". So that seems to be a display only bug.

Otherwise Gateway has been great for letting me make profession progress even when I'm not home an in-game.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wulfwise wrote: »
    Auughhhh!!!!
    All my chars who are crafters have a ( ' ) in their surname ... hope they fix that soon LOL

Yep I have that as well and can log in and see my character listed but can not access him.

I have put in a ticket as I'm sure everyone else with the issue has. :(
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    The problem I'm having with the Gateway is that whenever I have to login, I'm asked to enter a supposedly "one-time only" code which is sent by email. The system never seems to remember the PC I've logged in from, so I always have to enter a code and I always get sent those email codes.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    griffin230 wrote: »
    The problem I'm having with the Gateway is that whenever I have to login, I'm asked to enter a supposedly "one-time only" code which is sent by email. The system never seems to remember the PC I've logged in from, so I always have to enter a code and I always get sent those email codes.

Are you checking the box on the screen that you enter the code to remember the PC? Just checking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Are you checking the box on the screen that you enter the code to remember the PC? Just checking.

Yep. It still thinks I'm using a new PC every time. Really annoying. The thing is that it was working fine until this problem showed up a couple of days ago, so I think they must have changed something which broke it for me.
  • Options
    shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If your having issues with the pc one stay the hell away from the phone browser version. Its worse.....
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Access Gateway
    2. Access Character that works (i.e. one that does NOT contain a ' or " in it)
    3. Notice on the web address that you are on contains your CHARACTERS NAME!
    4. Replace character name in web address bar and replace it with your currently inaccessible character!
    5. Press enter and voila! You can use professions on gateway with a character whose name contains a '
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
  • Options
    megamikmegamik Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Atleast you can use it on your phones... Mine has been saying down for Maintance since yesterday morning... Can't even use it while at work
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    griffin230 wrote: »
    Yep. It still thinks I'm using a new PC every time. Really annoying. The thing is that it was working fine until this problem showed up a couple of days ago, so I think they must have changed something which broke it for me.

I've been seeing this as well. But I'm trying to access the gateway from two different PC's (home and work). Seems that if I don't close the browser but just sign out, it works as expected when I next log in.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    I've been seeing this as well. But I'm trying to access the gateway from two different PC's (home and work). Seems that if I don't close the browser but just sign out, it works as expected when I next log in.

I might have to try that and see what happens, as I'm getting the new code every time, even with the box checked.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even get the Auction to work from the Gateway. When I try to change characters - I get disconnected. Tonight, Mailsmithing isn't showing properly... It says, "Showing 16 of 32" but it only shows 2. Sometimes it shows that I have equipment equipped that I don't have.
  • Options
    krozamkrozam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to use Gateway from two different computers. I get the code email... but it doesn't work. It says the code is wrong, even though I'm 100% sure it's right. The FAQ doesn't have my problem, and the support page doesn't even have Neverwinter, only STO and CO, so it'd be kinda problematic to send a support request... -_-'
  • Options
    raywrayw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those having problems with Account Guard, you can choose to disable it.
    Refer to this post from the technical forum:
    Support had told me to disable Account Guard. You may or may not want to do that, but I couldn't even figure out how to get to the option. I finally figured out a way to do it, taking what support gave me and figuring out what they had not mentioned.

1. Go to this Star Trek Online page: http://sto.perfectworld.com/ (Yes, even if you don't play that game; I don't)
    2. Click on the My Account link on the top-right.
    3. This "My Account" page, unlike other ones, has an extra option under your "PROFILE" section, called Account Guard. Click on the Account Guard link.
    4. Log in, using the same login you would use for Neverwinter
    5. You will see a long list of all the stored computers it has. In my case, it had the same IP address listed many times.
    6. You can delete them all.
    7. You can disable and enable Account Guard, though it may not like re-enabling.

The process above should prevent logging in from triggering the e-mail process. But, you may be locked out of Account Guard, which isn't good. This is still an issue/bug for the devs to figure out.
  • Options
    ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Noticed this type of issue that say that you just completed a task, then you click on collect the reward for this task. All goes well, however when you try now to pick a new task for this same toon for same type of category (for example leadership) it doesn't show any available tasks in that category. I have to always switch to another toon in the gateway, and then switch back to the toon I was in the gateway - and then the available tasks on that category are shown correctly. Bizarre eh? Using google chrome.
  • Options
    danielzaiser91danielzaiser91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i like this thread,
    i would like to add "auction house buyout / bid prices" they arent seperated...