test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nightmare treasure chests

lenghostlenghost Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have four characters in the game and each has recovered a minimum of 3 Nightmare treasure chests, one having found 5. Three of the characters are under 20th level. The mount riding level being what it is I could understand but my question is; has anyone gotten a Nightmare mount from one of these chests?

Don't get me wrong, the loot has been decent to great (love the idol that sells to Rhix for 40k diamonds) but the fact that real money was spent to open these had me wondering. Am I hoping for a prize that no one has gotten?

And while I'm here, could the devs please mull over making the dyes stick to a gear slot instead of individual armor pieces as losing the color you wanted after 3-4 levels has become cost ineffective, thanks.
Post edited by lenghost on

Comments

• Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've gotten two Nightmares, one of the firebirds, and numerous other good items.
  • Options
    pharoah4187pharoah4187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To the best of my knowledge, every time somebody gets one it alerts the whole shard with a message that says,

"Drizt Do'Durden has received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare Mount!"

You'll have to correct for the name. And make the assumption that the messages are accurate.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lenghost wrote: »
    I have four characters in the game and each has recovered a minimum of 3 Nightmare treasure chests, one having found 5. Three of the characters are under 20th level. The mount riding level being what it is I could understand but my question is; has anyone gotten a Nightmare mount from one of these chests?

Don't get me wrong, the loot has been decent to great (love the idol that sells to Rhix for 40k diamonds) but the fact that real money was spent to open these had me wondering. Am I hoping for a prize that no one has gotten?

And while I'm here, could the devs please mull over making the dyes stick to a gear slot instead of individual armor pieces as losing the color you wanted after 3-4 levels has become cost ineffective, thanks.

I'm currently working on six characters, all about level 30-35. I've received and bought approximately 40 nightmare lock boxes, bought some keys with real money purchased zen and some AD exchange zen acquired. I have yet to win anything epic except enchants and a lot of gloom chests and idols. I'm losing interest in the chests. Especially now that my 2million AD acquired with my Founders Pack has been burnt up

Edit*

I forgot I did get the firebird (Phoera..I think) companion
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For these loot boxes (looking at numbers from other games as well), the general rule of thumb is that the odds of the 'grand prize' are around 1:200.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My opinion, and the opinion of people I've chatted with, the keys for these boxes are just too expensive for the opportunity to have a chance for something nice out of them.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lenghost wrote: »

I've opened over 40 chests. No mount, no bird. But I have the founders horse and dire wolf, so, not worried about it.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holsac wrote: »
    My opinion, and the opinion of people I've chatted with, the keys for these boxes are just too expensive for the opportunity to have a chance for something nice out of them.

If there's one specific thing you want out of the boxes, you are generally better served by buying it off the AH.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev