test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So does anyone know if we get a free..?

hakarathakarat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Come June 20th, does anyone know if we will all get a free respec token for the new live update patch?

I have come to assume that we do for these major kind of class balance type patches and would expect with the amount of major changes that PWE gives us all free respecs at least?

If anyone knows that would be great, thanks.
"There are more things in heaven and earth,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
Post edited by hakarat on

Comments

• Options
    torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's the kind of thing you'd expect in a beta. Not holding my breath for it in this case though.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They'll most likely wipe everyone's character of feats and powers. The points on each character will return to the pool for you to spend as you see fit, with a big message letting you know when you log in. They won't be handing out "respec" tokens. This is how the other MMO's I've played do it when they have a major patch concerning class changes.
  • Options
    hakarathakarat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've played multiple Nexon games where each major class update, they would usually pick 1 class to balance and give that 1 class a respec token and then just do classes in waves.

I think with such a large content patch to start off the live patch, they would and obviously should include a respec token to everyone because of all the ability/power/encounter/trait changes.
  • Options
    talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hakarat wrote: »
    Come June 20th, does anyone know if we will all get a free respec token for the new live update patch?

I have come to assume that we do for these major kind of class balance type patches and would expect with the amount of major changes that PWE gives us all free respecs at least?

Its Cryptic... make your assumption from there.

IF, and thats a big IF, they provide a free respec... I am pretty sure it will be for a single character. Of course you won't get any communication about this till after the patch and a number of people have already bought a respec. Then they might cave and give respecs while refusing to refund the people that bought the respec. They can make more money that way.

Harsh, but seems to be the modus operandi of this company.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wiping everyone's feats and powers sounds like a good idea and would work out just as well, I hope that's what they do at the very least.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    torrenz1 wrote: »
    That's the kind of thing you'd expect in a beta. Not holding my breath for it in this case though.

What? This is a pretty stupid statement. Have you ever played a MMO before?
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They answer your respec question here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

Fourth paragraph.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wiping everyone's feats and powers sounds like a good idea and would work out just as well, I hope that's what they do at the very least.

This is what most other MMO's do. No reason NW won't do it.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    They answer your respec question here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

Fourth paragraph.

For the ADD addled out there:
    "we’ll be introducing them to the Open Beta servers (with any necessary changes), and offering free respec tokens so that you can build your character the way that you’d like"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »

Fourth paragraph.

Ah, they are going with the respec token. Well then... There that is.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    "We know that we still have work to do before Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    "We know that we still have work to do before Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> forums system..
  • Options
    torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    What? This is a pretty stupid statement. Have you ever played a MMO before?
    Misquote? I said it's the kind of thing I would expect in a beta.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Huge changes to class=respec should be granted by common sense.
    Minor changes to class=no respec.
  • Options
    avangerisavangeris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    Its only 600 Zen..Srsly and u want it for free ?you can get it from 1 dungeon drop.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avangeris wrote: »
    Its only 600 Zen..Srsly and u want it for free ?you can get it from 1 dungeon drop.

When devs make big changes to powers and feats (or class mechanisms) it's customary to give a free respec. They do the same in STO